Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2nd Round: Who they draft/Who you want
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: 2nd Round: Who they draft/Who you want Reply with quote

Moving into the 2nd round and with 17 hours to prepare I am wondering who you guys think we will pick and who you would want us to pick?

Based on what we are learning about Emery he seems to take high upside risks in the 1st round [McClellin/Long] and safer value picks in the 2nd round [Jeffery/?].

Who they pick: CB Jonathan Banks

There is a ton of CB talent still available like Taylor, Banks, Alford, Amerson, Slay. I think we will take a nice safe CB that can come in and play the nickle for a season. I think Banks 40 time pushes him down, but he creates turnovers which we value.

Who I would pick: C Brian Schwenke

I am a big fan of Schwenke and if we are going to fix this OL in 1 year lets do what the Steelers did and go 1st and 2nd round OL and get a couple of young studs in the middle.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not we trade back, our 2nd pick needs to be a defensive play maker preferably in the front 7. We need LB help, but with Rodgers and Stafford in our division we cant have too many pass rushers either. Any of these guys would be good by me:

Authur Brown
Kevin Minter
Khaseem Greene
Jamie Collins
Jon Bostic
Kawann Short
Johnathan Hankins
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Kevin Minter, Jamar Taylor, Robert Woods or trading back and getting a late 2nd and possible 3rd. I only hope my teacher gets tired of talking about film and let's class out early tomorrow so I can catch the draft.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 31 Yards- 342 TDs- 5 Tgts- 56
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what we know, which is Emery obviously values athletic ability and potential VERY highly, I think Bostic, Blidi, Slay, Gooden, & Martin are high on his list. Don't be surprised if you here Doctor Death Steve Williams' name called either.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Based on what we know, which is Emery obviously values athletic ability and potential VERY highly, I think Bostic, Blidi, Slay, Gooden, & Martin are high on his list. Don't be surprised if you here Doctor Death Steve Williams' name called either.

I wonder if the Alshon Jeffery theme of grabbing falling value and a safer player will continue.

Robert Woods is interesting.
Epyon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Ertz was/is that much of a downgrade over Eifert, to where potentially getting Ertz in 2 wouldn't be a better draft than going for Eifert in 1 would have been...

For example if we did Eifert-1, Offensive Guard-2.... I think we end up with a worse draft than Jake Long-1, Ertz-2.

THAT SAID.....

Barret Jones, or Brian Schwenke... A 2nd tight end could be cool, if not amazing, just for how it will help Marshall, Bennet, and Alshon get open more, but a good center could completely fix our o-line. We can always look for a receiver weapon in the 4th (which will probably be more of a deep threat receiver, rather than another big body).

Truth be told, however, I'm not sure which idea I like more for an extra receiver threat (The big tight end making more mismatches, or the speedy/situational/take the top off the defense guy). The more I think about it, the idea of Ertz (or Eifert before the first rounds picks) seems to make alot of sense, but would also seem a terrible waste of Jay's arm if we don't have even one speed receiver/deep threat, but I also simply cannot see us spending 2 picks on receivers to get both, under any circumstances.

Last edited by Epyon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

I wonder if the Alshon Jeffery theme of grabbing falling value and a safer player will continue.

Robert Woods is interesting.

Robert Woods would be an exceptional pickup for us. Unfortunately, I am afraid we would have to trade up to get him. I would be ok with Stills or Swope, but really would love to have Woods.

I don't think it will be that easy. Old Phil probably has more curve balls for us.
mteward

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown if he's there will be the pick i'd hope.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Arthur Brown to fall, but I can see us trading back. Got to go LB or CB tonight IMO.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 12 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
mteward

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was praying to see the breaking news bar flash up with trade last night at our pick. I think if we knew we were going to get Brown & Long from our first two picks most people would have been very happy with that.

I hope we do get him just to alleviate some of the negativity on the board at the moment.
berrianburns80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no particular order:

LB = Arthur Brown...Kevin Minter

CB = Johnathon Banks...Jamar Taylor

OL = Barrett Jones...Brian Schwenke

DL = Margus Hunt...Damontre Moore

WR = Robert Woods

TE = Zach Ertz
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
I was praying to see the breaking news bar flash up with trade last night at our pick. I think if we knew we were going to get Brown & Long from our first two picks most people would have been very happy with that.

I hope we do get him just to alleviate some of the negativity on the board at the moment.
I was hoping to see that to until the pick was ruined for me because someone wanted to post about them seeing the pick on twitter.

Can we please make sure that doesnt happen again.
mteward

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nightmare one of my mates was watching it on a different network and he was about 10 seconds ahead so i turned my phone off.

I pretty much black out twitter and everything else and just watch the show. The network not showing the guys on the phone makes it so much more entertaining.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
It's a nightmare one of my mates was watching it on a different network and he was about 10 seconds ahead so i turned my phone off.

I pretty much black out twitter and everything else and just watch the show. The network not showing the guys on the phone makes it so much more entertaining.
I agree. I just wish people on here gave the that same respect.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2nd Round: Who they draft/Who you want Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Moving into the 2nd round and with 17 hours to prepare I am wondering who you guys think we will pick and who you would want us to pick?

Based on what we are learning about Emery he seems to take high upside risks in the 1st round [McClellin/Long] and safer value picks in the 2nd round [Jeffery/?].

Who they pick: CB Jonathan Banks

There is a ton of CB talent still available like Taylor, Banks, Alford, Amerson, Slay. I think we will take a nice safe CB that can come in and play the nickle for a season. I think Banks 40 time pushes him down, but he creates turnovers which we value.

Who I would pick: C Brian Schwenke

I am a big fan of Schwenke and if we are going to fix this OL in 1 year lets do what the Steelers did and go 1st and 2nd round OL and get a couple of young studs in the middle.

I don't think there is a chance Banks is our pick if only because of his 40 time. Every one of Emery's picks have been athletes with great measurables.

If we go DB - I think that means:

Jamar Taylor
Robert Alford
Sanders Commings

Athletes left at LB:
Arthur Brown
Jon Bostic
Kiko Alonso
Zavier Gooden
Sio Moore

TE's:

Zach Ertz
Jordan Reed
Vance McDonald

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: