Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would a trade back in the second round be a good move?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
This move is actually worse to me then passing on A Peterson for Calvin we all knew Calvin was going to be great just that A P was going to be just as great and a major need for Detroit.

This is a huge mistake if this Defensive end bust I have no doubt Milliner will be in the league for 10 years none Zero he will be a player in the NFL!

The Defensive end not so sure about him at all !

Calvin is a better player than AP and misses fewer games and turns the ball over less. CJ was easily the right pick.

Most people had at a minimum Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo above Milliner. Some didn't even have Milliner as the top CB, much less top D player, and I even saw a couple 2rd grades on Milliner. NEVER, NOT ONCE, BY ANYONE, did I ever hear the words "shut down" and "Milliner" in the same sentence. Many of them made a point to say they DIDN'T think he was a shut down corner. He was, at best, a #2 here right now. He probably would not even have been a starter to begin with.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:
This move is actually worse to me then passing on A Peterson for Calvin we all knew Calvin was going to be great just that A P was going to be just as great and a major need for Detroit.

This is a huge mistake if this Defensive end bust I have no doubt Milliner will be in the league for 10 years none Zero he will be a player in the NFL!

Calvin is a better player than AP and misses fewer games and turns the ball over less. CJ was easily the right pick.

Most people had at a minimum Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo above Milliner. Some didn't even have Milliner as the top CB, much less top D player, and I even saw a couple 2rd grades on Milliner. NEVER, NOT ONCE, BY ANYONE, did I ever hear the words "shut down" and "Milliner" in the same sentence. Many of them made a point to say they DIDN'T think he was a shut down corner. He was, at best, a #2 here right now. He probably would not even have been a starter to begin with.

I disagree one player won MVP the other hasn't! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa! The Ol' Johan Santana Cy Young defense.

Well played LK, well played Cool
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

So blind bye loyalty still don't make ya correct pal! Wink

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
LOL

So blind bye loyalty still don't make ya correct pal! Wink

Loyalty to what?

If anyone is loyal to a player around here, it certainly isn't me and CJ Laughing
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Show us one single reputable source that gave Milliner a second round grade.

Just one.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its crazy they're saying he might end up being the next MILLINER ISLAND worse case he is a solid corner for 10 years!

I just think some people have no clue!

stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:

This is pure nonsense.
Chups

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Show us one single reputable source that gave Milliner a second round grade.

Just one.

Milliner was draft 9th overall because he has the ability to be a shut down corner and the best defensive back in the league. Will he be that good remains to be seen, but you don't get drafted that high without being a "shut down" corner. He's a legit prospect.

Anyways, moving onto the second round.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't want to see a corner drafted anymore. If you wanted a corner, you should have taken Milliner or Hayden in the first. The Lions already have a solid group of dime and nickel corners on the roster and an average starter in Houston. They need a true #1 "shut down" corner, not another developmental prospect.

First and foremost I want to see the Lions trade down in the second round. They shouldn't struggle finding any offers with the abundance of quarterback talent still on the board and teams trying to move around to get "their guy." If they fail to find a trading partner, they should draft Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen. Both players fill a HUGE need and should give the Lions a legit second option opposite of Calvin Johnson.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't want to see a corner drafted anymore. If you wanted a corner, you should have taken Milliner or Hayden in the first. The Lions already have a solid group of dime and nickel corners on the roster and an average starter in Houston. They need a true #1 "shut down" corner, not another developmental prospect.

Agree 100%

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree too we had a shot at the best corner now I don't want left overs!

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
Milliner was draft 9th overall because he has the ability to be a shut down corner and the best defensive back in the league. Will he be that good remains to be seen, but you don't get drafted that high without being a "shut down" corner. He's a legit prospect.

Milliner was drafted 9th because his inability to be a shut down corner, or anywhere close to the best in the league. If he was a "legit" shut down prospect, he would have gone top 5, but 8 otter players, 3 defensive, were deemed better prospects than him and it took a team drafting for need over talent to finally stop Milliners otherwise inevitable fall out of even the top 10.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Chups wrote:

Milliner was drafted 9th because his inability to be a shut down corner, or anywhere close to the best in the league. If he was a "legit" shut down prospect, he would have gone top 5, but 8 otter players, 3 defensive, were deemed better prospects than him and it took a team drafting for need over talent to finally stop Milliners otherwise inevitable fall out of even the top 10.

Same could be said for why he made it to #9 in the first place.

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Chups wrote:

LionsFan630 wrote:
I think the fact that two of Saban's buddies (Schwartz and Lombardi) passed on Milliner speaks volumes.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Chups wrote:

LionsFan630 wrote:
I think the fact that two of Saban's buddies (Schwartz and Lombardi) passed on Milliner speaks volumes.

Majorly reaching and doesnt refute my statement in the slightest.

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: