Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would a trade back in the second round be a good move?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
I don't think we can find an impact corner in this draft at this point, so I'd kind of rather stay away from the position for a while. IE) I don't think anyone that's left will be any better than a couple of guys that we already have, so I'd rather find someone that can help the team in an area of greater need while still sticking to BPA relative to those kinds of modifiers.
Jamar Taylor is better than anyone we have on our roster outside of Houston, before he ever steps on a NFL field. I have no doubt in my mind he'd immediately shift our depth chart, and start opposite Houston as a rookie.

On tape, I see a big, physical, fast corner with some ball skills. He brings a different skill-set than Houston, and would compliment him quite well.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They blew fixing there corner problems just like they blew fixing there running back problems when Peterson was available time to move away from Corner now we need to select and fix another problem.

LINEBACKER!!

5. Manti Teo (ILB) is still available no offense but the kid is a football player period and I love the idea of putting him in the middle of our defense behind them two massive tackles and now a DE we invested a 1st round pick on.

Yeap I say do it lets get that Captain of the defense for the next 10 years perhaps with him our front 7 would be one of the best out there.

Yeap 5. Manti Teo (ILB) 2nd round is a steal!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
I don't think we can find an impact corner in this draft at this point, so I'd kind of rather stay away from the position for a while. IE) I don't think anyone that's left will be any better than a couple of guys that we already have, so I'd rather find someone that can help the team in an area of greater need while still sticking to BPA relative to those kinds of modifiers.
Jamar Taylor is better than anyone we have on our roster outside of Houston, before he ever steps on a NFL field. I have no doubt in my mind he'd immediately shift our depth chart, and start opposite Houston as a rookie.

On tape, I see a big, physical, fast corner with some ball skills. He brings a different skill-set than Houston, and would compliment him quite well.

Agree. I forgot Taylor in my list of guys I'd be happy with, but he might make me most happy of all of them.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
They blew fixing there corner problems just like they blew fixing there running back problems when Peterson was available time to move away from Corner now we need to select and fix another problem.

LINEBACKER!!

5. Manti Teo (ILB) is still available no offense but the kid is a football player period and I love the idea of putting him in the middle of our defense behind them two massive tackles and now a DE we invested a 1st round pick on.

Yeap I say do it lets get that Captain of the defense for the next 10 years perhaps with him our front 7 would be one of the best out there.

Where does Tulloch play?

Arthur Brown is a better player and fit if we go LB.

ramster
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Everyone sleeping on Banks at CB
Not really, he's not that fast and has durability concerns. Plus I believe him to be a better fit for a zone coverage scheme, but I'd definitely take a look at him in the 3rd if we haven't drafted Jamar Taylor in the 2nd.

Add in that he is stiff and you're talking about a Guy who most likely will be converted to safety. Deep safety class, if you want a safety get one who doesn't have to convert.

Amerson is a little stiff too, but he has much better speed.

I would rather have a little shorter Cb who has great hips and has leaping ability. I know the lions have a different viewpoint. But I still think I'm right.
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:

LINEBACKER!!

Nope. There is no place they could hide him. He fits better in a 34 ILB position. We need an OLB who can get off a block and cover a te or rb.
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Yes!
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

I agree here.

I dont want to get caught up reaching for need, although CB isnt at the top of needs.

I would be very happy with Taylor, but not sure he will be BPA.

RIP CITY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMH, I don't know how many years of watching our CB's get torn apart it is going take for people to realize this team has no decent CB's outside of Houston. This team is in desperate need of a CB, just baffling. Pinning your hopes on a 3rd Rounder who was a reach and two late Round Picks, plus a retread like Bartell is not something I see as something we can go without addressing.

The CB's on the Lions roster not named Houston suck, time to FINALLY fill that need.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

I agree with everything you said. To me it was either grab the best CB in the draft or forget about it. They have enough project CB's on the roster. They have other holes at this point that are more important. They don't need a #3 corner. They need a real #1 so they can slide Houston into the #2 spot.

Exactly the one position on Defense exposed is Corner you don't take a stab at it with 2nd to 5th round picks and hope your defense don't bleed to death you tag that talented shut down corner if you can get him at 5 in this draft or pass on it all together!

The Lions blew it Milliner was there for them to help our defense and they passed yet again on a MAJOR NEED I call it what it is STUPID!
You want a good Defensive end there are a ton of them still on the board including Oak who got injured he would be better pick with Milliner then ADZ and what ever garbage is left for us to nab at Corner now!

Last edited by LION KING on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

I agree with everything you said. To me it was either grab the best CB in the draft or forget about it. They have enough project CB's on the roster. They have other holes at this point that are more important. They don't need a #3 corner. They need a real #1 so they can slide Houston into the #2 spot.

Exactly the one position on Defense exposed is Corner you don't take a stab at it with 2nd to 5th round picks and hope your defense don't bleed to death you tag that talented shut down corner if you can get him at 5 in this draft or pass on it all together!

The Lions blew it Milliner was there for them to help our defense and they passed yet again on a MAJOR NEED I call it what it's STUPID!!!

There is no shut down corner in this draft. I have my doubt Milliner would have been better than a nickel for us. He certainly would not have started above Houston.
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

The Lions blew it Milliner was there for them to help our defense and they passed yet again on a MAJOR NEED I call it what it's STUPID!!!

There is no shut down corner in this draft. I have my doubt Milliner would have been better than a nickel for us. He certainly would not have started above Houston.

That's a foolish statement all the experts disagree with ya the best defensive player in this draft was Milliner period all of them agree with that statement and when the Lions need a Corner bad you don't pass on him for a project Defensive end who has played 9 games his whole life and wanted to play Basketball just a few years ago instead!

LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move is actually worse to me then passing on A Peterson for Calvin we all knew Calvin was going to be great just that A P was going to be just as great and a major need for Detroit.

This is a huge mistake if this Defensive end bust I have no doubt Milliner will be in the league for 10 years none Zero he will be a player in the NFL!

The Defensive end not so sure about him at all !

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LION KING wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

That's a foolish statement all the experts disagree with ya the best defensive player in this draft was Milliner period all of them agree with that statement and when the Lions need a Corner bad you don't pass on him for a project Defensive end who has played 9 games his whole life and wanted to play Basketball just a few years ago instead!

That's a foolish statement.

All the experts disagree with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: