Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do the football gods look down on us favorably

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pope137

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Do the football gods look down on us favorably Reply with quote

and allow the jets to draft geno smiff. haha. The bills and the jets didnt do much to impress me today.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Sanchez/Garrard and EJ/Kolb are our competition. Hope they don't end up taking Bridgewater and Clowney 1 and 2 next year.

That said, I think EJ has the highest upside out of the eligible QB's but is also very inconsistent on a per pass basis. If he can mature in that area then I think he could be a very good QB.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ was on my mancrush list. He was my favorite QB in the entire draft. Sucks to have him go to an AFC East rival but atleast it's not with the Jets.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno will be the first pick tommorow by the Jags. No way they pass on him twice. I can see the Jets taking DJ Swearinger, Keenan Allen, or Matt Barkley.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavisIsland wrote:
Geno will be the first pick tommorow by the Jags. No way they pass on him twice. I can see the Jets taking DJ Swearinger, Keenan Allen, or Matt Barkley.

I think the Jags work on a trade down overnight and reap the Geno benefits. Gabbert is their guy for now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
DavisIsland wrote:

I think the Jags work on a trade down overnight and reap the Geno benefits. Gabbert is their guy for now.

Other than the Jets, I don't really see anybody wanting to trade up for a QB. The Jags have the chance to get Luke Joeckel and Geno Smith in the same draft. They can't pass that up. The perfect way to start a rebuilding process.
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man the "Football Gods" abandoned us a long time ago Bro ...
It's just us against 31 other teams ...

We will end up being the team nobody wants to play.
We will stomp so many people guts out this yr it ain't even funny .... Smile

We frickin RULE !

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is more Ireland learning that in order to get to the top on the NFL you have to be willing to take smart risks. Jets have a new GM (who basically doomed Milliner) and the Bills, well who knows what Nix is thinking...Dion Jordan could fail in the NFL, but I have to give Ireland credit for the deal he pulled off to move up and taking a player they really liked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I think it is more Ireland learning that in order to get to the top on the NFL you have to be willing to take smart risks. Jets have a new GM (who basically doomed Milliner) and the Bills, well who knows what Nix is thinking...Dion Jordan could fail in the NFL, but I have to give Ireland credit for the deal he pulled off to move up and taking a player they really liked.
Yeah I agree. When I saw we traded up I was furious because on paper going from 12 to 3 is suppoed to cost multiple high picks. But when they flashed that it was only #42 to move up, I was pleasantly surprised. We won that exchange.

Now that I've seen Dion Jordan highlights and so forth, I really think he could be special in the NFL. The production wasn't there in college, and that's a concern. But if he avoids injury he should blossom into a top flight pass rusher who has the skills to drop into coverage against Hernandez and Gronk. That's pretty darn unique.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksonville did right by selecting Luke Joeckel in round 1. If they are on the right track they have two options : 1) No doubt after round 1 there are still some highly sought after players. So they could trade down while still staying in round 2 and pick up a pick or two. 2) Stay put and select Tank Carradine.

*****Under no circumstances should they select Geno Smith. Smith showed what a childish, immature person he is. Despite his lashing back at the writer from Po Football Weekly in the recent article about Geno, Mr. Smith more than proved the writers point. *********

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
pope137

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think smith or Manuel are stud qbs but time will tell. I don't see a qb in this draft worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick
pope137

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phins should shut the Jets out....Good luck who ever is starting escaping Jordan, Wake, Ellerby, Oliver....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brady starts to diminish in a couple years it should be tannehill all along @ the top of the afc east year after year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: