Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBT Meltdown Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: NBT Meltdown Thread Reply with quote

This is going to go down as the BIGGEST MISTAKE of the Belichick era. It doesn't who we draft (unless it is Justin Hunter), we just had an opportunity to completely put ourselves over the top and get a lot better overall as a football team, and we handed it off.

We were offered a brand new Ferrari, and traded it in for 3 new smart cars and a 1980s Honda.

THE CUMULATION OF ALL THESE PICKS will not add up to HALF the impact Patterson would have had in 2013! And not 1/10th of the impact he would have had over the next decade!

This is going to make drafting Ras I Dowling over Torrey Smith look like the work of friggin Einstein. AWFUL decision by the Patriots tonight.

The only saving grace would be taking Justin Hunter tomorrow. At which point this becomes awesome! Very Happy But that is the ONLY way.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Keep it all here.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud the choice of gif.

Here's my rejoinder:

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I applaud the choice of gif.
I stole your sig. Hope you don't mind.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woof. nights like tonight honestly sucker punch me just a smuch as the damn super bowl losses. I cant believe we passed up on such an opportunity to improve. total loss for words. This thread is highly likely to be bumped at multiple points next season, btw.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Woof. nights like tonight honestly sucker punch me just a smuch as the damn super bowl losses.

Passing over Cordarrelle Patterson is the same as losing a Super Bowl? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Woof. nights like tonight honestly sucker punch me just a smuch as the damn super bowl losses.

Passing over Cordarrelle Patterson is the same as losing a Super Bowl? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Mcmurtry you don't understand. Breaking down film and looking at schemes doesnt matter when feelings coming into play. No logic only feels.

I still don't think it was that bad to pass over Smith for Dowling. Dowling I think he'll think can be a very good Cb when he's healthy and this year he's actually healthy going into TC.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed opportunities kill. No, it isn't exactly the same, but it's close. We passed on someone who would have put us completely over the top.

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NBT would completely implode.

Hush. I survived Ras I over Smith. I survived trading Moss for nothing.

Richter wrote:
What I want to know is, when did Torrey Smith suddenly become a great player? The guy averages 50 catches and 850 yards a season. Not chopped liver or anything, but hardly a stud, or even a number one receiver.

Smith is one of the most effective deep threats in all of football. We dont need a #1. Plug in TS to our line up and he is utterly lethal.

Sciz wrote:
There is no evidence to say that he can do it. There are plenty of pieces of evidence saying that he can't, from his ridiculous lack of college experience, to his Wonderlic score (which is terrible), to league sources flat out saying that he wouldn't be able to learn the Pats' offense.

The wonderlic means nothing. The league has said that about pLENTY of guys who turned out just fine. If McDaniels couldnt figure out a way to utilize P, our coaches are at fault.

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Because success in one scheme is the same as the ability to succeed in another?

Of course not, but certain skills translate across all schemes. of course, our scheme is our problem more than anything imo, so...

Quote:
I still feel like a fool for not wanting Tommy Streeter last year in the 1st like you were crying over at one point. He really showed me. Wink

please show me where i wanted ts in the 1st. I liked him in round 2, and would still have liked him.

Sciz wrote:
It doesn't matter what he does in Minnesota. New England's offense is not the same as Minnesota's. Different teams expect different things from players, and clearly Minnesota sees his lack of experience and intelligence as less of an issue than the Pats do.

^And that is a complete error in judgement on behalf of the Patriots. Julio Jones was a very poor deep route runner when he came into the NFL. Look at what he has become in just 2 years. He is hardly a bright guy. Frankly, it isn't that damn difficult when you are a freakish athlete.

sure, guys like deion friggin Branch need to be borderline geniuses to get by. The athletic freaks overflowing with talent do not need to be quite as smart. That said, you are overestimating the playbook. Not everyone is Chad Johnson. Patterson picked up Tennessee NFL like playbook instantly.

The guys saying he is not smart are really saying he is not well spoken. 2 different things.

Last edited by NextBigThing on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
PoWww

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a deep breath, it's going to be ok.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be ok if snag hunter tomorrow.

CP would have been such a terror here. Crying or Very sad I am so unbelievably bummed I vanteven begin to describe it.

Being so bummed has made me sober up in like 20 minutes.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

CP would have been such a terror here. Crying or Very sad I am so unbelievably bummed I vanteven begin to describe it.

What if we take Da'Rick?

Da'Rick is a beast as well.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

What if we take Da'Rick?

Not enough "game speed"

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

What if we take Da'Rick?

We need a deep threat guy. Vertical threat who plays the perimeter. Rogers isnt bad, but I want talent. I am so annoyed with folks who get blinded by the concept of "value" that they need add true talent.

We passed on a superstar at our biggest need to get (likely) a few more damn role players.

I dont see how I am the only one so bummed.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

CP would have been such a terror here. :cry: I am so unbelievably bummed I vanteven begin to describe it.

What if we take Da'Rick?

We need a deep threat guy. Vertical threat who plays the perimeter. Rogers isnt bad, but I want talent. I am so annoyed with folks who get blinded by the concept of "value" that they need add true talent.

We passed on a superstar at our biggest need to get (likely) a few more damn role players.

I dont see how I am the only one so bummed.

Probably because even I (who was higher on Patterson than most due to his physical tools) don't see him as a superstar in waiting, so no one else does, in all likelihood.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Missed opportunities kill. No, it isn't exactly the same, but it's close. We passed on someone who would have put us completely over the top.

In your mind. Not in the mind of Nick Caserio and Bill Belichick.

Given their talent evaluation and roster construction over the last 13+ years and your "evaluation" of talent, I'm going to trust their judgment more than yours.

Quote:
please show me where i wanted ts in the 1st. I liked him in round 2, and would still have liked him.

NextBigThing wrote:
If Streeter returned for a year, had the same season, and than same combine, he'd be an easy first round pick.

NextBigThing wrote:
Though the finer aspects of his game will continue to be to be worked on and improved, Streeter possesses the all the talent and physical ability of an elite number one wide receiver.

NextBigThing wrote:
6'4, 4.3 speed, catches the ball with his hands, away from his body? Come on now. If he had a have decent QB, he would be an easy first rounder on measurable alone. We are talking...if he does 1000-1100 and 10-12 next year (which he certainly would with a decent QB), with his measurables..a top 10 pick.

So you didn't want him in the 1st despite saying he would "do" 1000-1100 and 10 TD's and - if he had played with a good QB in college - would have been a "top 10 pick"?

Really?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: