Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schwartz confident in Reiff at LT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Schwartz confident in Reiff at LT Reply with quote

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/04/detroit_lions_jim_schwartz_say.html#incart_river
Quote:
Detroit Lions Jim Schwartz says offensive line needs more work, but confident with Riley Reiff at left tackle

Quote:
Schwartz reiterated that the team is comfortable and confident with Reiff starting at left tackle next season.

"That's why we drafted him," Schwartz said. "That's why we drafted him last year, and when Jeff (Backus) got hurt for that one game, that's why Riley went in and played."

Good, hopefully we look to improve the interior with a guy like Warford.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's good to hear. I assumed that was the case, but it's always nice to hear the coach back it up. However, they still need to upgrade other areas of their offensive line. It would be nice to see them address the RG position, though and continue to rework the line next draft.
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice, now go get a right tackle and a guard.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I'm willing to bet they're confident at RT as well.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:

At least a guard. I would be fine with them patching the RT position together until next offseason, but they need to put some effort into getting younger and adding talent on the offensive line. If you have a good line it makes such a world of difference.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Right there with you. I dont think Fox will be special but I think he'll at least be capable enough to handle his own for a season.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Right there with you. I dont think Fox will be special but I think he'll at least be capable enough to handle his own for a season.
Getting a competent guard next to him could make all the difference in the world.

If we don't come away with Warford, the Lion's damn sure better had bring on Brandon Moore, or this could backfire and blow up in their face.
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Getting a competent guard next to him could make all the difference in the world.

If we don't come away with Warford, the Lion's damn sure better had bring on Brandon Moore, or this could backfire and blow up in their face.

IDK I know Nagy is nothing to write home about but its hard to imagine that he wouldnt be an upgrade over Peterman. I really think they should look towards Banks or Taylor as the next pick. I like Warford too but not as much as I do them. Not only that but I think the upgrade from "insert random DB #2" to Banks/Taylor would outweigh the upgrade from Nagy to Warford.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

I'm really, really not excited about our O-line right now. Even if we grab a guard that can start tomorrow or sign Moore if we miss out, I'm still not at all confident at C or RT. And hey, I even like Reiff at LT, which is something else that's fairly debatable right now. He'll take his lumps and won't be an all-pro right away, (if ever), but I like him there. However, it'll be his first year there in the NFL. On a line returning 2 starters.

It's scary.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people realized Reiff was going to play LT unless something drastic (like Joeckel dropping to #5) happened last night. Seifert has been pounding the "the Lions want Reiff at G" drum so hard, people took it to hear over what Mayhew/Schwartz actually said. Although Mayhew also said they wouldn't swing for the fences at #5, so I guess his word doesn't mean much right now.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember everytime the Lions have been on the board the last few years with some great prospects available and we didnt take one of them?

Yeah, I bet that happens this year. Prepare for disappointment, fellas. It happens every year.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Montana badboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the way this draft has played out, I like the Ansah pick, and I'm stoked about his potential playing on a line with Suh and Fairly, but I think I still would have rather had Warmack, then have our pick of DE, like Okafor. I remember before the draft I would've loved to get Fisher/Warmack/Cooper then Okafor. But if we get Warford or B. Jones I suppose it won't make that big of a difference on the O-line and Ansah has a chance to be one of maybe 3 guys in this class to be an impact playmaker on defense.

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hindsight seeing who is now available it's easy to say we should've waited for DE but can't really draft like that.

There's gotta be a reason Carradine is falling. Maybe more damage to his knee than we are aware of or maybe his progession isn't going as planned? Something is up considering people thought he was gonna be a 1st round lock late in the process.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
In hindsight seeing who is now available it's easy to say we should've waited for DE but can't really draft like that.

There's gotta be a reason Carradine is falling. Maybe more damage to his knee than we are aware of or maybe his progession isn't going as planned? Something is up considering people thought he was gonna be a 1st round lock late in the process.
Never needed hindsight, most just wanted the better player who was easily Warmack, Milliner, and Cooper.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center/videos/Mike-OHara-one-on-one-with-Jim-Schwartz/7fd526bd-839b-42ca-8138-62d33c065764

Jim said when Philly was on the clock they were keeping close eye. The way he sounds around 3:20 or so we had 2 guys we wanted at #5 Johnson and Ansah.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: