Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Ravens Second Round Pick Will Be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will the Ravens Second Round Pick Be
Arthur Brown
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Tank Carradine
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Justin Hunter
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Keenan Allen
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Robert Woods
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
John Jenkins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Menelik Watson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zach Ertz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John Jenkins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kevin Minter
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Margus Hunt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jamie Collins
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Sio Moore
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Quinton Patton
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tyrann Mathieu
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Other
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: The Ravens Second Round Pick Will Be? Reply with quote

Vote Away

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ILB. I don't know who, but I think it's between Brown and Minter. I'll be happy either way.

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of value left at WR too. The Ravens already have some young guys on the roster to compete there and at LB so it's hard for me to pick one guy right now.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Jesse Williams. Damontre Moore. Hard to say who makes it that far. I like Da'Rick Rogers and Kiko Alonso if character checks out with Ozzie. I'll go with Jesse Williams.

Free Ray Rice
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Robert Woods. Let's go get Joe another toy to play with, and I think Woods is the best WR left on the board right now.

The LB pool is still pretty stocked, and there should be really good talent available there through the 4th round.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they trade up to get the best MLB on the board. My guess is that it will be Arthur Brown.

And it's going to need to be a guy who can cover TEs, especially now the Bengals have Eifert.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I think they trade up to get the best MLB on the board. My guess is that it will be Arthur Brown.

And it's going to need to be a guy who can cover TEs, especially now the Bengals have Eifert.

Do you think they trade up to get the best or they wait until 1 or 2 of them are taken so we can trade up the least amount possible to still get one of Te'o, Brown, or Minter? We could also look for the WR talent that is falling. There are so many good WRs still on the board. Or I'd be very happy with Menelik Watson if he's around for a little.

Also, how much do you think we'll have to give up to move up? According to the trade chart, we'd have to give up #2 and #3 just to move up 12 spots, but I know teams didn't really stick to that chart at all yesterday. I'd prefer to keep our third round pick so we can still try and snag either a falling ILB (Khaseem Greene) or falling WR (Stedman Bailey) depending on what we do in the 2nd.

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't project who will be available at our pick, but I'd bet that of these names... if hypothetically speaking ALL of these guys were on the board (I know they won't be) Tank Carradine is the guy that would be the pick.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly like the ILB prospects and I like the WRs, but a healthy Tank Carradine has to be the best player available. He reminds me a lot of Terrell Suggs watching him on tape. Excellent run defender, strong pass rusher, and just a physical football player. He's also an edge threat with great instincts to sniff out trickery. And the thing is, he's big, long, and athletic. Looking at him on tape, I felt as tough his pass rushing skills could use a lot of work to them... but even without great technique, he's produced at a high level. I'd love to see what Monachino can do with him... and just imagine how nasty our front 7 looks with all those pieces.

We can always find an ILB in the 3rd round IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Do you think they trade up to get the best or they wait until 1 or 2 of them are taken so we can trade up the least amount possible to still get one of Te'o, Brown, or Minter? We could also look for the WR talent that is falling. There are so many good WRs still on the board. Or I'd be very happy with Menelik Watson if he's around for a little.

Also, how much do you think we'll have to give up to move up? According to the trade chart, we'd have to give up #2 and #3 just to move up 12 spots, but I know teams didn't really stick to that chart at all yesterday. I'd prefer to keep our third round pick so we can still try and snag either a falling ILB (Khaseem Greene) or falling WR (Stedman Bailey) depending on what we do in the 2nd.

Well, when I say trade up, I'm envisaging it being only about a dozen to fifteen spots. So the best ILB available by the middle of the second round. If Te'o or Minter go early, then it might be in the Ravens' interests to get ahead of the Bears and possibly the Giants too.

I wouldn't want to give up that 3rd round pick either, unless the Ravens later try to get another one from someone by trading one of their 4ths and a combination of later round picks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Many on FF, myself being one of them, mentioned how the value wouldn't be the same in this draft and the TVC wouldn't really be the best indicator of value for trades. This was because of two things... 1) The immense depth of this draft makes the value of a pick worth a little less and 2) the top of the draft in particular had no true game changing, elite level values.

Now in terms of the second round, we're probably going to see trades closer to TVC compensation because we're entering the sweet spot of this draft. That said, the depth of talent will still impact how aggressive teams will be and should allow for more conservative deals. So maybe not a late 3rd, but maybe a swap of our 3rd and a 5th... something that would provide mid 4th round value. I'm just spitballing though because I'm too lazy to actually look at the TVC right now.

The above scenario is assuming we're moving up 12 spots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Many on FF, myself being one of them, mentioned how the value wouldn't be the same in this draft and the TVC wouldn't really be the best indicator of value for trades. This was because of two things... 1) The immense depth of this draft makes the value of a pick worth a little less and 2) the top of the draft in particular had no true game changing, elite level values.

Now in terms of the second round, we're probably going to see trades closer to TVC compensation because we're entering the sweet spot of this draft. That said, the depth of talent will still impact how aggressive teams will be and should allow for more conservative deals. So maybe not a late 3rd, but maybe a swap of our 3rd and a 5th... something that would provide mid 4th round value. I'm just spitballing though because I'm too lazy to actually look at the TVC right now.

The above scenario is assuming we're moving up 12 spots.

Well swapping third round picks would be to our advantage, so maybe something like :

Get: 2nd, 4th
Give: 2nd, 3rd, 5th?

GO RAVENS!!
alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade a 3 4 and 6 for a high two to take Brown and then hope a reciever, Hunter, Allen or Woods falls to 64.

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade a 3 4 and 6 for a high two to take Brown and then hope a reciever, Hunter, Allen or Woods falls to 64.

I think it'd be more likely that we move up from our 2nd and then again from our 3rd than simply jump from late 3rd to early 2nd.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Maybe Jesse Williams. Damontre Moore. Hard to say who makes it that far. I like Da'Rick Rogers and Kiko Alonso if character checks out with Ozzie. I'll go with Jesse Williams.

I love Da'Rick Rogers, but would also love to see Minter, Brown or Te'o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: