Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sylvester Williams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely (IMO)
- Jonathan Banks- though he may be gone
- Tank Carradine
- Damontre Moore
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson
- Jamar Taylor
- Corey Lemonier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get jamar Taylor and Giovanni Bernard some how.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Damontre Moore is there when we pick at the tail end of the 2nd round, that would be a risk I would take all day any day. If both he and Williams pan out, imagine our front 7 for the next decade with Wolfe and VON.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really dont like Moore as a prospect but if he is there at #58 you pick him and hope that due to his age (20) he can develop into a stronger player. I would still take Corey Lemonier and Jamie Collins over him though.

My top hope for #58 is the aforementioned Lemonier and Collins as well as David Amerson. Not as a CB, but as a FS. You put Amerson as your deep Safety and he is going to create turnovers. We severly lack play makers in our secondary and he would immediately make an impact.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^What, the Broncos lack play makers in the secondary? I saw Chris Harris have a couple of pick sixes last year. I saw Carter have a pick six, and a fumble return for a TD. Champ had a terribly bad game and it is obvious he has lost a step. I would take a CB to groom behind him. I wouldn't say there are no play makers, I would say that we need to upgrade a safety position and get Champ's heir apparent.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure like Sylvester Williams a heck of a lot more than Sharif Floyd, who I'm glad didn't fall to us. Williams shows a good jump off the line with burst, plays with good "force" when banging into other players, and plays very well through contact for the most part, not losing his balance all the time and he changes direction even better than Floyd. Dude needs to learn to run though. I'm not sold that he was the best player available but I think he's a good lineman prospect.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I sure like Sylvester Williams a heck of a lot more than Sharif Floyd, who I'm glad didn't fall to us. Williams shows a good jump off the line with burst, plays with good "force" when banging into other players, and plays very well through contact for the most part, not losing his balance all the time and he changes direction even better than Floyd. Dude needs to learn to run though. I'm not sold that he was the best player available but I think he's a good lineman prospect.

Who do you think may have been better?
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Cordarrelle Patterson i would assume would be 1 player.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

I think Menelik Watson has huge potential and I'm intrigued by Patterson and maybe some other receivers.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Not sure what this means? Are you talking balance?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I think Menelik Watson has huge potential and I'm intrigued by Patterson and maybe some other receivers.

I agree on Watson. I was really surprised he wasn't selected in the first round.

As far as the receivers go Patterson would have been interesting. I think the way the draft is falling if Denver wants a receiver there could be a quality one available in the 2nd round, whereas i don't know if you can find the same quality of player at DT. Not that i don't think there could be some good DT's because i do, but i don't know that you find a player with Williams size/burst.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Not sure what this means? Are you talking balance?

Every film I've seen the guy doesn't show any ability to take off and run in pursuit, instead he has about the most pathetic looking jog ever. Not that big of a deal for an interior lineman but would still like to see better. Nothing wrong with his balance, if there was I would blast the pick.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance that a DT with Williams skillset would be available, IMO.

I agree with Patterson. He's long been my favorite guy in the draft and I think it would have been very interesting to see what he could do here.

If Quinton Patton is around at our pick, I'd love to see him too. We brought him in for a visit as well.

Thanks, Tzimisce
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta like the fact that he had more tackles for loss and sacks than the 3 DTs taken before him and we got him at 28 great value and fills a need excited to see what we do here in a few hours!

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I'm just saying, don't be surprised if we draft a wide receiver today.

I've been saying it'll happen. I didnt expect this amount of talent in WRs to fall. Decker is UFA and after Welker I wouldnt trust anyone to be a 4th option.
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Wouldn't drafting Carradine or Moore make the most sense. I mean how awesome would that DL be? It would actually be scary I think. I mean, the Chargers and the Chiefs have new offensive linemen, might as well bring in the defensive line folks to thwart that protection.

I cant see Elway taking the risk on Moore. He has a bad reputation.
AntiSuperstar wrote:
germ-x wrote:

The OT from small school in Arkansas(I think Terron Armstead is his name) I know some that love him and thing he'll be amazing.
broncos67 wrote:
No chance that a DT with Williams skillset would be available, IMO.

I agree with Patterson. He's long been my favorite guy in the draft and I think it would have been very interesting to see what he could do here.

If Quinton Patton is around at our pick, I'd love to see him too. We brought him in for a visit as well.

Stedman Bailey has been my guy at WR for awhile. Josh Boyce and Robert Woods are other good options at WR.
I dont like Patterson. Freak athlete but he's really an idiot and i think will struggle in an offense that is at all complicated. That and the meltdown NBT has had definitely why I didnt want him. I've also heard rumors Justin Hunter mentally isnt tough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: