Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sylvester Williams
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Sylvester Williams Reply with quote

Lets talk about our newest Bronco.
Sylvester Williams 6'2" 315 lbs.

Last edited by jonnyj20 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love this pick. We have been clamoring for a DT for a decade now. I like that he is an instant contributor and is a fairly safe pick.
A penetrating DT is a perfect fit for us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we finally went with DT. He can generate pressure on the interior. That's HUGE for us. If he's consistent there, our defense will be tough to deal with.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
Personally, I love this pick. We have been clamoring for a DT for a decade now. I like that he is an instant contributor and is a fairly safe pick.

Agreed. I'm with the "Meh" people with this but we needed more talent and more players at the position.

Terrance Knighton never had much stamina, Vickerson is 30 and average at best, Unrein is rotational, and Wolfe plays DT in sub packages only.

From what I read, this man can get in the dang backfield. I'm happy. An interior rusher to combine with Wolfe will really help us against the Patriots. Step up and get sacked by Williams and Wolfe or Drop back and get sacked by Von Miller and whoever the other DE is.

I'm not ecstatic, but I'm far from disappointed.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncs4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was the best player available i think. I'm happy with the pick. Knighton, Vickerson, Williams, Unrein. Now i'm feeling a little more secured for the DT. B+ for the pick!

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Science piece on Sly. Excellent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9GZz4l2Sxs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

Thank you jonny! I love it too. He and Wolfe could cement a DL for a decade.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sly isnt just a perpetrator. He is also a very good run stuffer. In fact, he plays very similar to Terrance Knighton as a rookie. Just a beast who can eat the run and has insane explosion off the snap. He has the frame to get up to 325lbs and would likely lose little athleticism.

Probably the BPA at what happened to be a position of need. He is also capable of playing outside DE on a 4-3. Should he get that role, which will be periodical, he would compare to Lamarr Houston IMO.

So, kinda crazy but he reminds me of a cross between Terrance Knighton and Lamarr Houston. Not quite as big as Terrance, not quite as fast as Lamarr. IDK if that makes any sense.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the pick I think his age is a good thing he'll be 25 next November. He has a good amount of potential with not that low of a ceiling IMO. When he worked at a factory out of high school I think that really matured him. Really has natural skills only played a year in high school.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
b_rent87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth McShay said Sly was an absolute steal

Props to Jamison on the sig
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:

I have to agree with him IMO he is better than Poe last year who went in the top 10 and on par with cox. I really think the depth at the line positions helped him fall to us. I really don't get why people don't like this pick. He is a better pick than Moore and I can't see how teams can double Miller. You have wolfe , sly, and Ayers/Jackson. Our 3rd down d line is top 5 in the NFL now IMO.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:

I have to agree with him IMO he is better than Poe last year who went in the top 10 and on par with cox. I really think the depth at the line positions helped him fall to us. I really don't get why people don't like this pick. He is a better pick than Moore and I can't see how teams can double Miller. You have wolfe , sly, and Ayers/Jackson. Our 3rd down d line is top 5 in the NFL now IMO.
With Ayers and a guy who hasn't played a down yet? Confused
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
primetime714

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His upside is really high. I think perhaps higher than any other DT in this draft. He needs some work, but I think he at the very least is an instant contributor defending the pass in the nickel/passing situations.
carrolljcmc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK with the pick, not overly excited. Would've LOVED to have seen Ogletree or Lacy on the card. Can't complain about what Elway has done with his time in the big boy chair.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carrolljcmc wrote:
OK with the pick, not overly excited. Would've LOVED to have seen Ogletree or Lacy on the card. Can't complain about what Elway has done with his time in the big boy chair.

Those would have been terrible picks.

We don't draft players with character concerns, and Ogletree had plenty. We also don't have a need for a MLB since we run nickel 65% of the time. Lacy would have been bad value, he's a good, not a great back and RBs we can get in the 2nd or 3rd would be much better value. DT was a big need and we got one that the staff had graded in the top 20.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: