Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC West team picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: AFC West team picks Reply with quote

Lets talk about the picks of our division rivals.

OAKLAND - D.J Hayden
KANSAS CITY - Eric Fisher
SAN DIEGO - D.J. Fluker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher was a good pick although I think Lane Johnson is the best player in the draft.

Hayden could be good but it's meaningless until the Raiders can defend the run and rush the passer.

Fluker is just a slightly better Orlando Franklin with less of a mean streak.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Fisher was a good pick although I think Lane Johnson is the best player in the draft.

Hayden could be good but it's meaningless until the Raiders can defend the run and rush the passer.

Fluker is just a slightly better Orlando Franklin with less of a mean streak.
This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AFC West team picks Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

OAKLAND - D.J Hayden
SAN DIEGO - D.J. Fluker

The draft is soo unpredictable I recall people saying we could get Hayden in round 2. I think Fisher was the best combo tackle of upside and safe pick. Johnson has more upside but is raw.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont pick a Right Tackle at #11 in the draft. Fluker is not a Left Tackle in the NFL unless you want to get Rivers killed. He does not have the foot speed to play LT.
I think this pick is very similar to what KC did with Dontari Poe last year. They drafted for need and left much better players on the board and it will hunt them. I think Fluker will be a good enough player but were I running things in San Diego I certainly would not have taken him where they did.

Players taken after Fluker who I think will be much better NFL players:
1. Vaccaro
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Star
4. Tyler Eifert (time to start looking for Antonio's long term replacement)
carrolljcmc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: AFC West team picks Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

OAKLAND - D.J Hayden
SAN DIEGO - D.J. Fluker

Like Oakland's pick, feel like they could've traded down again and gotten more picks.

Like Fisher, thought the Chiefs were going to draft him since February.

Like Oakland, the Chargers could've traded down a couple of slots, gotten more picks, and still have gotten Fluker.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
You dont pick a Right Tackle at #11 in the draft. Fluker is not a Left Tackle in the NFL unless you want to get Rivers killed. He does not have the foot speed to play LT.
I think this pick is very similar to what KC did with Dontari Poe last year. They drafted for need and left much better players on the board and it will hunt them. I think Fluker will be a good enough player but were I running things in San Diego I certainly would not have taken him where they did.

1. Vaccaro
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Star

King Dunlap is the Charger LT right now Laughing.

As for Eifert, why did Cincy take him? They had Gresham and Orson Charles.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Fluker is a terrible pick. Way too high for a RT that gets abused by speed rushers. Von Miller will absolutely man-handl Fluker.

I LOVE the DJ Hayden selection by the Raiders. As I said all along broncos67, he should be the #1 CB taken.

Eric Fisher is a good selection but have a hard time believing in 5 years were all going to be goo-goo gah-gah'ing it. Its the #1 pick after all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Fluker is an abysmal pick. They'll end up making him a guard when he fails as a tackle.

Fisher is a good player, and probably the right choice over Joeckel, IMO, but I just question the overall impact there.

DJ Hayden is a very good player. Oakland got bad value, IMO, but he's a gamer. My issues with him are a) how he responds after getting hit a few times, b) where his mental state is really at, c) is he going to be able to cover significantly more talented people than he did at Houston?

Thanks, Tzimisce
Mile High

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any problem with the OT picks to be honest.

The best pass rushers in the AFC West (not named Von Miller) (Houston and Houston) are both some of the bigger pass rushers in the NFL who both rely on the bull rush.

I think for us Fluker will be able to be torched by Miller, but in general not a horrible pick.

Fisher was a coin flip with Joekel and I think you can justify either or.
-----------------------

To me the corner was also a fine pick. Look at the board - if you aren't sold on a DT that kid is the BPA. I would have gone Star personally, but I can understand the pick

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all 4 AFC West picks were solid. Fisher will be a really good player for a long time. They filled their LT position for the next decade.

DJ Fluker was another solid pick for the Chargers. I had read he had gained steam in the last few weeks as a lot of people believe he can stay at OT. I have my doubts, he doesn't come off of the line consistently. Though, at worst i think he'll be a very good OG. For the Chargers, whose OL is a mess they found a piece, IMO.

DJ Hayden is very talent, but still an unknown. It was quite a risk for the Raiders, who really need to get a good player with the pick. It isn't that i don't think Hayden can do that, but will he be the same player he was prior to that horrifying injury? We will have to wait and see.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oakland/Miami trade will be scrutinized. Oakland didn't have many picks so they wanted a 2nd rounder. But what price?

According to the old draft-value chart:
#3 = 2200
#12 + #42 = 1200 + 480
So Oakland lost over 500 draft points.

According to the revised draft-value chart:
#3 = 18.4
#12 + #42 = 12.5 + 7.2
Here it is close 18.4 vs 19.7.

OLD: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670
NEW: http://www.footballperspective.com/yet-another-draft-value-chart/

What could the Broncos have received for #28 if it had traded down?
With the old chart, #28 is worth 660. That's equivalent to an early 2nd + early 3rd. With the new chart, the team would an early 2nd + late rounder.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to that new value chart, our 4th rounder should be enough to move up all the way to the top of the 2nd. If only teams actually followed it...
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
According to that new value chart, our 4th rounder should be enough to move up all the way to the top of the 2nd. If only teams actually followed it...

Its all about value at the draft. I think to move up it'll cost a 2nd and 3rd because I can see teams wanting more w/ the best QBs available(EJ Manuel being a 1st rounder to me a laughable.)
mke1010 wrote:

1. Vaccaro
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Star

Richardson I think will be awful. Dislike him as a player and will be happy when he busts.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Te'o Reply with quote

The Chargers needed a corner or a LT, and they took Manti Te'o?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Denver is going to kick their butt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: