Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible 2nd round targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
wrminning wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Really pissed we took Hunt over Swearinger. Very Bengals pick but I don't like it

Don't know a ton about Williams

Hes another Taylor Mays

Not at all. Love the pick. He's been the better Georgia Safety. Been saying that for a while...

I have to disagree hes a very talented player who doesn't play up to his talent level. But it may work out with Zim biting him in the @&&!!!

We'll have to agree to disagree. Williams stood out when I saw him on the field. I don't remember him being an exceptional talent like Taylor Mays. He's a very sound player...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall grades:
Eifert- B+. He can help out Dalton. Didn't fill a need but was BPA and adds a playmaker to the offense.
Bernard- A. I know some people wanted Franklin, but Gio gives us a dynamic player in the backfield. Great vision and ability to cut. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. Needs to improve pass pro but overall very good pick
Hunt- B- eh. Don't dislike him necessarily but to take him over Swearinger kills me. Would much rather filled our biggest need with a player that fits what we need.
Williams- B- don't know a ton about him, people are very hit or miss on him. Fills a need but can't get over the idea of Swearinger/Okefor instead of our last 2 picks. I have faith in Zim, but this pick eats at me

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the dust settled on Day 2, i came away with a much more positive outlook. My man crush at RB was Franklin, but we opted to go with Bernard early. Obviously, our staff was keen on bringing in a guy that could do everything (run, catch, block). Bernard is that guy. He's a complete, rounded player in the same mold of Ray Rice. I never really came away impressed with his tape, but i'm starting to come around.

Hunt is a guy i watched nothing on, until today. He's pretty damn impressive to be honest. He definitely shares qualities with Ansah. His potential has just been tapped, and Zimmer will undoubtedly get everything out of him. He dominated his lower competition, which is more than you can say about Ansah. I see us lining him up at LE, and maybe sliding him inside in the nickel. I'm starting to come around to the Eastern Block as well.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Hokie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught the Reds/Nats game tonight, and I'm posting from my phone.

Like the Bernard pick. Fills a need and is a great fit. And I wasn't particularly high on Lacy.

Not sure how I feel about Hunt. As a raw prospec, he'a loaded with potential. Has great size and should make an immediate impact on special teams, and could be a factor in nickel packages. But he's old and won't get much playing time in base packages early. A classic boom/bust pick. Measures out better than he plays. Ok with the pick, but would have preferred Brown (was he available?) or Swearinger.

Not crazy about Williams. Is great against the run and is a great leader. Great straight line speed. Has stiff hips though and is relatively poor in coverage. Reminds me too much of Taylor Mays. Hoping we sign Rhodes or Mays/Williams/Iloka surprises.

Some very good prospects still available. Khaseem Green, Patton, Rogers all stand out to me at this point. Some good interior linemen available too, and developmental QBs available. Bengals in position to still take BPA each round.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Zim's press conference he said that Margus Hunt displayed as good a getoff and closing speed as any defensive end he's scouted. Thats pretty damn promising.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ark23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
For all of Marvin's talk of interchangable safties, Williams sure seems like an in the box kind of guy.

Exactly, this is my qualm with the pick. Admittedly Rambo isn't an interchangable guy either, he plays like he's allergic to contact at times and really only likes to go head hunting rather than make fundamental tackles. But Williams struggles in coverage, not a fluid player, really comfortable playing in the box. Gets sucked into no-mans land a lot in play-action and has limited range. I didn't like him at all at Georgia. Go watch the Bama game or the South Carolina game. He wasn't impressive, was getting beat, didn't show the anticipation and range to thrive in pass happy NFL.

It just worries me that we don't have any quality nickel/coverage linebackers. Hopefully Howard will be resigned, hopefully Burfict can develop in the area or Emmanuel Lamur really steps up but that's scary. Couple that with no proven commodity at S next to Nelson, and the guy we add (Williams) is a pure in the box player rather than a space player. Really hoping Iloka steps up this offseason.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely hoping for a strong season from Iloka. Unfortunately the safety position just never seemed to work out in the first two rounds. Hunt worries me. Not a fan of 26 year old project guys. Bernard was my favorite back, and I am excited for what he can bring to the offense.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Targets for us on Day 3:
1. Da'Rick Rogers
2. Khaseem Greene
3. Gerald Hodges
4. Brian Schwenke
5. Reid Fragel
6. Tavarres King
7. Tyler Wilson/Tyler Bray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: