Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Day 2 Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you draft Geno Smith if available at #38
yes
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
no
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cyprien is at 38 I run to the podium and don't think back

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damontre Moore and Jonathan Cyprien are the two intriguing options I see left. If neither of those two are available, then I guess I would start looking at Arthur Brown or maybe Jamie Collins.

Justo on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the sixth pick, correct? So what are your guys top six available?

I am working on one now, probably with Geno in the top spot.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damonte is in play as well

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Barrett Jones?

Justo on the sig
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Damontre Moore and Jonathan Cyprien are the two intriguing options I see left. If neither of those two are available, then I guess I would start looking at Arthur Brown or maybe Jamie Collins.

I like Cyprien and Moore at #38 also.

Anyone think Montgomery or Collins drops to 3rd if we don't take a pass rusher at #38?

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Anyone think Montgomery or Collins drops to 3rd if we don't take a pass rusher at #38?

I think Sam Montegomery will fall to the third. That's why I want Cyprien here

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

I highly doubt Collins drops to the 3rd and would love it if we took him or Cyprien at #38. I just really hope Glennon is not the pick.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to draft another OL here just to solidify that position for the next several years. The problem is tackles like Watson and Armstead just aren't ready to contribute right away, Armstead to a lesser degree. We could draft Larry Warford who is certainly ready to contribute right away but I just don't see the team getting rid of both Snyder and Colledge.

I think we'll probably go defense here.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing with Cyprien is I am not 100% how he fits into this scheme. We already have two guys who play that close to the LOS safety role pretty well in both Bell and Johnson, but we don't have a guy on the roster that would allow us the versatility to play single high looks, which was a staple of our defense last season.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke williams is the best safety in this draft and he could be had in the 5th, 4th round if you really really want him
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
duke williams is the best safety in this draft and he could be had in the 5th, 4th round if you really really want him

What do you like about him? I remember him being highly touted before the season but then he kind of fell off the map. He's one of the few safeties I haven't really looked into, Khodder's Josh Evans included.

I think Cyprien is definitely the best safety left, and he was my #2 safety overall but Khodder brings up a good point that he may not fit in our scheme. I think he'd make an excellent SS who can cover and stop the run but he doesn't have much experience as a deep cover safety. If Arians/Keim/Bowles feel Bell and/or Rashad can play FS then you have to take Cyprien. If not then don't take him because you'd just have a logjam at the position. I know Bell has played FS before and Rashad has covered for Rhodes in the past.

Also don't listen to the reports saying Cyprien is an overly aggressive tackler who whiffs on tackles. That's just not true. He's far better in that area than other guys I've scouted. I don't know why a lot of scouting reports keep saying that.
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Plucky wrote:

What do you like about him? I remember him being highly touted before the season but then he kind of fell off the map. He's one of the few safeties I haven't really looked into, Khodder's Josh Evans included.

I think Cyprien is definitely the best safety left, and he was my #2 safety overall but Khodder brings up a good point that he may not fit in our scheme. I think he'd make an excellent SS who can cover and stop the run but he doesn't have much experience as a deep cover safety. If Arians/Keim/Bowles feel Bell and/or Rashad can play FS then you have to take Cyprien. If not then don't take him because you'd just have a logjam at the position. I know Bell has played FS before and Rashad has covered for Rhodes in the past.

Also don't listen to the reports saying Cyprien is an overly aggressive tackler who whiffs on tackles. That's just not true. He's far better in that area than other guys I've scouted. I don't know why a lot of scouting reports keep saying that.

I just love his overall game he can do it all. Last year I was pimping floyd, zeitler, wagner, and hayward. I'm in love with duke williams this year, I'd pound the table for him. But if we don't get him I'm interested in Nickoe Whitley and Antone Exum in next years draft. I'm also pretty high on Jamie Collins. For OLB I'd either want him or Cornelious Washington. I haven't seen a whole bunch of tape on them but I found a trend with combine numbers and success and they are the only one's that fit the bill this years draft
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Plucky wrote:

I just love his overall game he can do it all. Last year I was pimping floyd, zeitler, wagner, and hayward. I'm in love with duke williams this year, I'd pound the table for him. But if we don't get him I'm interested in Nickoe Whitley and Antone Exum in next years draft. I'm also pretty high on Jamie Collins. For OLB I'd either want him or Cornelious Washington. I haven't seen a whole bunch of tape on them but I found a trend with combine numbers and success and they are the only one's that fit the bill this years draft

I know you're not alone. There's still a few "experts" out there that have him ranked highly.

Yeah I remember looking at those numbers as well but I just can't bring myself to like Collins. The athleticism is there on tape and racked up a good stat line but he just seems to be lacking in technique and can disappear for quarters at a time. I was much more impressed with Quanterus Smith, a pass rusher who faced similar competition.

Washington is intriguing (not in round 2) because he's a great athlete but he was unproductive at Georgia and that's partially because he was misused. However, I don't think he can play OLB in a 3-4. He's a very stiff athlete like the Beanie Wells and Knile Davis types who run well in a straight line and can jump through the roof but aren't agile. He didn't run the shuttle or 3-cone drills at the combine but he did at his pro day. His shuttle time (4.74) and his 3-cone time (7.47) would rank 2nd to last and dead last at the combine among DE prospects. I question his ability to play coverage and tackle runners in open space. Just something to keep in mind there.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie lacy

I can see it happening

Behind big ole coops and Levi, interesting way forward, member Arians was in Pitt and they run/ran a lot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: