Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 31st Pick the Cowboys take - Travis Frederick, C
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Bryan Broaddus wrote:
Can reach a one technique…will lunge on the second level…doesn’t play like a great athlete…push-shove blocker…times where plays really tall and upright…thought he could have some better knee bend…might not be the athlete to do that.

stalemate blocker on block back…will help across the pocket when he has to…smart guy that understands his assignments…doesn’t play with much pop…holds on the second level…thought he could have done a better job sustaining his blocks…doesn’t extend on rusher to get him away from his body…tries to use his upper body strength to control his man…

tends to catch more blocks than he does punch…initial pop then has a struggle one-on-one…belly to belly blocker…is a much better player when uncovered…gets compressed at times when trying to get push…can seal blocks at times…position blocker…has a nasty side to try and finish his blocks…can pull when uncovered…

For a player his size I was very surprised that he only benched 21 times at the Combine…last season Peter Konz from Wisconsin made several starts for the Falcons…the hope here is he can do the same.

Broaddus has never liked Frederick. But his report is the worst I've seen. I'm a lot more optimistic about the player. Hopefully this is one of those reasons "Broaddus is no longer a scout".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did think it was interesting how negative his report on a first round pick is compared to how glowing his report on a 4th round pick was (or maybe it was a 5th... can't recall)

I think it's all in context - the higher up guys get beat down more and nitpicked heavily on b/c of where they went and the money they're getting paid.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broaddus was apparently VERY upset by this pick (one wonders if this is what Fisher was talking about) and he wrote that immediately following. You can hear a lot of the negative tone in the writing.

Note that I am not saying he didn't see what he saw. I just sense a lot of negative undertones.

As for the no longer a scout quote, Broaddus tweeted exactly that following, and referring to, this exact pick.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this has been posted yet...

New Cowboy's "extreme nastiness"

Quote:
"....he has an extreme nastiness," Frederick's college coach Bret Bielema told KESN-FM in Dallas on Sunday. "I had to get on him a few of times. He broke a couple guys' arms and wrists by throwing them down on the ground and whacking them a little bit after the play, on our own team. ..."

Shocked

^^^mack
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
His former Coach talking about him:

"Freak in the weight room"

"Can Squat a ton"

"Effective Gap Block, Pass Prot, road grader, Center who can play Guard"

"Double Engineering Major at UW"

"Graduated early from highschool with very high SAT scores"

"Very explosive in that 5-10yd range"

"Great first step, tons of power, effective in screen game, great cut blocker"

"Great instincts, plays extremely hard"

"I had to get on him for breaking a couple guys arms/wrists on our own team during practices. VERY nasty streak"

Just page 14... Laughing

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral

Oh. Well then. Laughing

^^^mack
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
"....he has an extreme nastiness," Frederick's college coach Bret Bielema told KESN-FM in Dallas on Sunday. "I had to get on him a few of times. He broke a couple guys' arms and wrists by throwing them down on the ground and whacking them a little bit after the play, on our own team. ..."

Shocked

Thats kinda scary because he sounded like a teddy bear in the press conference.. Laughing

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do recall we needed a center in a bad way. I seen your guys post about the " Beard" in which he snaps shotgun very well, can make line calls, pickup stunts blitzes well, is stout and cannot be moved, strong as an ox, is intelligent and is a bad a$$ mo. Did I miss something, I could give two ishes about value. This dude already has NFL strength in which you just throw his a$$ right in the fire and lock heads with the NFLs best. Is their a better coach to be coached by then Callahan. Coach must be licking his chops to get started coaching this beast.

I know we all saw the center position the last couple of yrs. And came away unimpressed, personally I thought it was str8 trash. I guess the pundits don't like us upgrading a weak position, so they bash and criticize. Can wait to see Travis pancake his way into the NFL this yr and to All Pro status in the near future.

WareWolf94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when the Patriots took hell for drafting Logan Mankins so high...

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

That is awesome. Straight up awesome. My roommate doesn't like it, but he was a cornerback in high school Laughing

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

That is awesome. Straight up awesome. My roommate doesn't like it, but he was a cornerback in high school Laughing

Hey..don't you diss us DB's like that mayne!

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

I love me some nasty OL.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

Hey..don't you diss us DB's like that mayne!

Well I didn't want to say he was also a basketball player, because so was I. Well, I was on the team anyways Laughing

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

Thats kinda scary because he sounded like a teddy bear in the press conference.. Laughing

I like it.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
He was a reach. It would have been better to take Warford and move Bernadeau to center.

I like Warford too, but I'm not sure he's a fit for what we want to do with our Oline. He's not considered athletic or mobile. We are trying to move to a zone blocking scheme. I would have like if we had take Earl Watford. I do hope we sign Brandon Moore, but I'd like to see Leary and Arkin given a legitimate shot to earn a starting position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: