Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
disaacs wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Da'Rick Rogers has been cut by the Bills. Looks like we got the right former Tennessee receiver. It's too bad though. Da'Rick has all the talent in the world; just no work ethic or motivation.

When he's stocking shelves at the local Wal-Mart, he'll get that motivation back.

That's an interesting point. I wonder if he might be a guy for us to consider bringing in next year. After having some time to think things over, maybe he could come back with a little more maturity and a lot more desire to play in the NFL. If he's that talented, maybe we can pair him up with his old college team mate and learn the ropes from him? It sure wouldn't cost us much to try him out.

Patterson and Rogers were pals too, they trained together before the combine and everything , they'd be good teammates
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Priefer: “Kickoff return-wise, Patterson has all the abilities and tools right now to be a factor. A major factor. The first thing you notice is when he walks in your room and takes up the doorway. You’re like, ‘Wow, that is a big man.’ ”

“I think it would be unfair for me or anybody else in our organization to come out and say, ‘OK, Cordarrelle, you’re going to replace Percy Harvin.’ That’s not fair to him. But I am excited about his ability and the direction we’re going.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/221948491.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
Da'Rick Rogers has been cut by the Bills.

wow. and we had guys (including me), putting him in early mocks in the 2nd round, i think.

da'rick is da'done.

No clue if if this person is reliable, but still worth noting:

Quote:
Barbara Millerа ‏@_barbara_mi 3h
Re: Da'Rick Rogers, I was told by an insider his problem is 100% attitude. Coaches cannot stand him. Until he changes, he will bounce around

https://twitter.com/_barbara_mi/status/374717607791714304

rpmwr19, maybe the Patterson character issues you were telling us about pre-draft were actually about Rogers.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was Patterson. Rogers wasn't at Tennessee last year.
GermanVike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Patterson produces big time. Drafted him in the 13th round in one of my Fantasy leagues and I want to prove all the doubters wrong Very Happy
marshpit23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GermanVike wrote:
I hope Patterson produces big time. Drafted him in the 13th round in one of my Fantasy leagues and I want to prove all the doubters wrong Very Happy

Me too! A very small percentage of ESPN's Fantasy football 'nation' own him. Here's to proving the doubters wrong and a great season for Patterson.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My homer shades are definitely on, but something about this guy gets me really excited to watch. I have high hopes for him this season out the gate.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GermanVike wrote:

Good luck GV. It would be great if CP crushes the rest of your league!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GermanVike wrote:

I picked him up too.

Good luck!

GopherWrestler
GermanVike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sterling Archer wrote:
GermanVike wrote:

I picked him up too.

Good luck!

Good luck to you, too!
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had signed Da'Rick to our practice squad, but alas the Colts got him.

Look at his situation in Buffalo. What veteran presence was there to guide him and give him a role model? Stevie Johnson - the guy who wore the "why so serious?" t-shirt, blamed God after he dropped a pass losing them the game, and pretended to shoot himself in the leg as a jab at Plaxico Burress? Right. Didn't think that would work out well. It's a team struggling to find an identity and the WR corps is especially unsettled which makes for a bad landing spot for a troubled rookie.

If we signed him to our practice squad before the Colts did, however, he may have had potential to turn it around here. George Stewart has strong character and takes pride in his craft, pushing his WRs to give him the best they've got. Jennings is a veteran presence and Jarius Wright presents a younger guy with similar hard work, team first, yes sir/no sir attitudes. CP84 is also on the team which could bring out the competitor in Rogers - he would want to show his former teammate and football fans everywhere that he is the most talented ex-Vol in this class. It would have been a good situation for Rogers.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I wish we had signed Da'Rick to our practice squad, but alas the Colts got him.

Look at his situation in Buffalo. What veteran presence was there to guide him and give him a role model? Stevie Johnson - the guy who wore the "why so serious?" t-shirt, blamed God after he dropped a pass losing them the game, and pretended to shoot himself in the leg as a jab at Plaxico Burress? Right. Didn't think that would work out well. It's a team struggling to find an identity and the WR corps is especially unsettled which makes for a bad landing spot for a troubled rookie.

If we signed him to our practice squad before the Colts did, however, he may have had potential to turn it around here. George Stewart has strong character and takes pride in his craft, pushing his WRs to give him the best they've got. Jennings is a veteran presence and Jarius Wright presents a younger guy with similar hard work, team first, yes sir/no sir attitudes. CP84 is also on the team which could bring out the competitor in Rogers - he would want to show his former teammate and football fans everywhere that he is the most talented ex-Vol in this class. It would have been a good situation for Rogers.

Stevie Johnson is a consummate professional off the field and a fierce competitor on it. His shenanigans don't make him a bad example for a guy like Rogers. If anything, Johnson is the perfect example for someone like Rogers. He was a 7th round pick who fought and clawed to make the team when most thought he was a camp body. He works every bit as hard on the practice field and film room as he does on game day.

No situation will be good for Rogers until he realizes that talent means nothing without effort and that NFL locker rooms are professional environments where congeniality, humility and hard work are required for success.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie Johnson should be commended for just staying in Buffalo. I can't think of another player in recent history that has been successful there that actually stayed beyond their rookie contract. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Stevie Johnson should be commended for just staying in Buffalo. I can't think of another player in recent history that has been successful there that actually stayed beyond their rookie contract. Wink

I don't know why they kept him after all the crap he pulled there... I didn't even list half of it above.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@PFF_MattC: Despite just 8 touches, @Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson leads all rookies (any position) in all-purpose yards with 227 @PFF”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 42 of 69

Jump to: