Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
As much as SK is "woah crazy crazy", It is still TC/Preseason. No one really know what they have yet, especially in terms of rookie production. I was also very high on Hunter too. He's a smart guy, and I'm confident he will figure it out.

Agreed but I still think Patterson will be much more of a productive WR than hunter will.

Well if we drafted Hunter I'm sure you would think otherwise.

Not really. I was never high on hunter. Patterson has much more to his game compared to what hunter has to offer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
He needs to figure it out mentally and add about twenty pounds to his stick frame in order to stick in the NFL.

IMO, he's still a track athlete playing football, not a football player with track ability.

I agree and the toughness questions were there even at Tennessee.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
As much as SK is "woah crazy crazy", It is still TC/Preseason. No one really know what they have yet, especially in terms of rookie production. I was also very high on Hunter too. He's a smart guy, and I'm confident he will figure it out.

Agreed but I still think Patterson will be much more of a productive WR than hunter will.

Well if we drafted Hunter I'm sure you would think otherwise.

I had Patterson as a top fifteen pick and Hunter as a 3rd rd pick. It will be interesting to see these two careers play out. I think hunter was a poor fit for the Vikings and that's why I devalued him versus what he could do in other schemes. I think hunter is a nice fit in tn. He should be fine if locker plays well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt want to use our 1st pick on Patterson (assuming that was going to be our only 1st round pick).

I had Floyd and Rhodes rated higher then Patterson.

But with those 2 already being selected by the Vikings, to give up the package of lower picks for Patterson, I was completely fine with.

When they made the trade up official (and the selection was unknown yet), I had assumed it would be Patterson (WR) or outside chance at Olgetree (LB)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
He needs to figure it out mentally and add about twenty pounds to his stick frame in order to stick in the NFL.

IMO, he's still a track athlete playing football, not a football player with track ability.

That's what I love about Patterson more than almost anything. Think about it, H/W/S is almost identical to Adrian Peterson.

Freak.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

That's what I love about Patterson more than almost anything. Think about it, H/W/S is almost identical to Adrian Peterson.

Freak.

Agreed. In no way would I want Hunter over Patterson. The scary thing is, Patterson has "Percy Harvin" ability and he's 6'3 205. Its been said that his hands have been great in camp as well. All Hunter brings is speed. Zero strength, questionable hands, and has an injury history. So no, I'm not favoring Patterson just because he's in purple. Its just obvious that Patterson seems to be a better NFL prospect than Hunter bottom line. I was the one on here before the draft saying Hunter wasnt a good fit for this team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter is getting ripped by coaches in Titan's camp. Sitting out because of nagging injuries, lack of focus, lack of effort, mental mistakes in practice and their first preseason game. This coming from the more "pro-ready" WR from Tennessee.

Yeah, I'm happy we went with Flash.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

the difference is striking.

Very Happy

It took Troy Williamson 3 years in the league to master dropping passes like that. Give Patterson some time first. Razz

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson was easily the top targeted receiver [in the HOU pre-season game], the object of the quarterback’s passes eight times, coming away with four catches for 54 yards. No other receiver was targeted more than three times.

http://min.scout.com/2/1314771.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Patterson was easily the top targeted receiver [in the HOU pre-season game], the object of the quarterback’s passes eight times, coming away with four catches for 54 yards. No other receiver was targeted more than three times.

http://min.scout.com/2/1314771.html

Nice to see Cassel already having faith in Patterson so early. Usually with this supposed raw WRs, veteran QBs get tentative to throw the ball that way. Patterson was the primary target, and I got the sense that he can be a reliable target in the intermediate passing game. The area that must improve the most this year. He made nice sideline catches and catches in traffic. Hopefully MN can continue to work the deep ball with him, i would have liked to see him pull in that long one that hit his hand, despite being covered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2013/08/13/receiver-cordarrelle-patterson-female-roommates-flashy-fashion/2650957/

Tom P on Cordarrelle P, entertaining read.

He seems very comfortable with himself. That should help him play up to his talent even under pressure, he won't get so nervous. The main trick for Patterson will be to improve his concentration and drive in the situations where a little more effort is needed (like the last pass in the Texans game that he made a half-hearted stab at, or the drop he had on a go route in college where he tried to catch it with one hand instead of stretching with both).
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had 2 drops in that game.

One to the sideline where a little adaption would have made it possible for him to make the catch.

Another one when he worked back inside and was pushed the moment the ball hits his hands. He's gotta make those.

Overall, I'm more than happy with his performance and he's much further ahead of the curve than I anticipated. Also, personally wise, he's been nothing but focused, hardworking and stable. I like this guy (after not being thrilled after the draft).
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 14 Training Camp

Arif Hasan @ArifHasanDN

Patterson with an incredible one hander on the sideline deep down field from Cassel.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm allowing myself to become beyond impressed with this kid. I always loved the talent, questioned the one year of production, and allowed myself to be too caught up in reported character issues.

I'm glad, to this point, that Rick pulled the trigger on the move up. His talent, and his size, have the potential to put him up at the top of the class.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Glad you're on board. Smile

He has shown exceptionally soft hands all through camp, making difficult catches away from his body. I liked Patterson a lot obviously, but I did question his ability to snatch passes out of the air. So far in practice he is alleviating that concern, we just need to see more of it on the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 40 of 69

Jump to: