Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear a lot about Pattersons route running ability but if you think about it....with AP in the backfield, Patterson might see a lot of 1 on 1 coverage. Even Mayock said it...he wont have to be a great route runner in this offense. His speed and athleticism vs 1 on 1 coverage will make up for that. Either way I think Jennings will help him out a lot and he will improve his route running regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is slightly off the subject...but early on it looks like Patterson was the better pick over Justin Hunter...I liked Hunter slightly more because of his sze and leaping ability...but Hunter has yet to be on the field for any OTA's because of hamstring issues prompting his position coach to question his desire and toughness to be o the field as he is missing valuable practice time.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
This is slightly off the subject...but early on it looks like Patterson was the better pick over Justin Hunter...I liked Hunter slightly more because of his sze and leaping ability...but Hunter has yet to be on the field for any OTA's because of hamstring issues prompting his position coach to question his desire and toughness to be o the field as he is missing valuable practice time.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We talkin about practice?

Joe_is_the_best ^^
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
chuck44 wrote:

you should start a thread as a "caption this" pic....too funny
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:

You've got the info correct, but I find it very strange that our WR coach is questioning his toughness in getting past a hamstring injury. I'm no doctor but I've pulled enough hamstrings in my life (most were my own) to know that you can't just tough it out. You need to be patient until the muscle is healed enough to re-exert it without incident. Is it frustrating? Sure. But calling the guy soft isn't going to help anything. Maybe there's some other reason that we don't know about.

Some early mocks had Patterson going to us at 8, which I thought was extremely unwise. But you guys took him in a good spot and I'm happy with the Warmack/Hunter combo for now.

Congrats, Seahawk fans!
Harvey Wallbang

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this has been said before but considering he was a very raw transfer learning a new offense AND had to play second fiddle to Hunter AND had a QB who did not have a great year......yet still made that type of highlight reel in one year is pretty exciting.

I am really excited about this kid!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I would say each team (Minn and Tenn) got what they needed. CP is more of an athlete right now, so they replace Harvin, and Hunter is more polished as a WR and immediate contributor. I thiink CP has a highrr cieling but he is also a higher bust prospect. I know Hunter has an injury, but until that becomes an issue come gameday I'm not worried.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder: “He’s come in and I think he’s learned a lot. I think Greg Jennings has really spent a lot of time with him. Coach Stewart, our receivers’ coach, has spent a lot of time with him. You can tell it’s starting to click for him. We’ve seen a lot from him during practice. He’s a big-time receiver. He’s a bigger guy. He runs great routes. He’s got great stick on his moves. He can get downfield. He’s pretty much everything you want in a receiver.”

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11386444#ixzz2WCPhsJ4C

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s so special?: The Vikings feel Patterson can quickly become a barrel of dynamite on kickoff returns, which was a significant factor in their decision to trade back into the first round of the draft to nab him. And it’s no surprise that both General Manager Rick Spielman and coach Leslie Frazier have emphasized that Patterson’s biggest 2013 contributions will likely come as a return man.

So what stands out about the 6-foot-3, 205-pound receiver? Said Priefer: “Size. Strength. Speed. The ability to change direction. For a man that big to be able to change direction like he does is pretty special and unique.”

Priefer saw only two elite return men in this year’s draft: Patterson and Tavon Austin, who’s now with St. Louis. Now it’s the coordinator’s job to groom Patterson as the Vikings’ big weapon.

“Kickoff return-wise, he has all the abilities and tools right now to be a factor,” Priefer said. “A major factor.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/211459091.html
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priefer has to be the luckiest special teams coach in the league. Spielman keeps giving him shiny new toys to play with.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we actually upgraded our Kick Off Return ability, Harvin was clearly at the level where I would call him top 3 in the league without a doubt.

Hope he can be effective there as a rookie while he is groomed as a WR, Jennings, Simpson & Wright could be ahead of him at the pure WR position.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
I don't think we actually upgraded our Kick Off Return ability, Harvin was clearly at the level where I would call him top 3 in the league without a doubt.

Hope he can be effective there as a rookie while he is groomed as a WR, Jennings, Simpson & Wright could be ahead of him at the pure WR position.

Who said he was an upgrade?
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to dislike the decision to move up and draft Patterson.

Nothing to do with his skillset or anything. I think he has a chance to be a very good WR if he puts it all together.

I just think that in terms of wins and losses in 2013 the team could have helped itself a lot more by adding a LB.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
I'm beginning to dislike the decision to move up and draft Patterson.

Nothing to do with his skillset or anything. I think he has a chance to be a very good WR if he puts it all together.

I just think that in terms of wins and losses in 2013 the team could have helped itself a lot more by adding a LB.

I agree. Arthur Brown would have been a very nice addition to this team in the second round

Joe_is_the_best ^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 34 of 69

Jump to: