Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Science also made the Dez Bryant comparison based on Patterson's scores in their tests.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite thing about Patterson as it pertains to the Vikings is he gives them a WR who not only has the athleticism to beat people but also the size to get a ball when he doesn't run by everyone. To me he's Michael Jenkins and Percy Harvin rolled into 1 player. He gives the best of each of them. Jenkins could go up and get a pass but he couldn't get by anyone. Harvin could outrun anyone but wasn't great at going up and getting the ball.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
My favorite thing about Patterson as it pertains to the Vikings is he gives them a WR who not only has the athleticism to beat people but also the size to get a ball when he doesn't run by everyone. To me he's Michael Jenkins and Percy Harvin rolled into 1 player. He gives the best of each of them. Jenkins could go up and get a pass but he couldn't get by anyone. Harvin could outrun anyone but wasn't great at going up and getting the ball.

You are spot on. Like Harvin you better cover him with not one but two. That is where D-coordinators will be hard to manage AD, Jennings, and Rudolph while CP is running around. That's a total upgrade in our attack. YET - we drafted two defensive studs with our first two picks.... genius and luck.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson: "I got this, guys. Chill."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems so happy.

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/temprookmini-026050413--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/temprookmini-025050413--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
He seems so happy.

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/temprookmini-026050413--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2013/05-May/temprookmini-025050413--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

that smile will infuriate defenses!

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Patterson's interviews and the little bit of him at rookie mini-camp, he's genuinely giddy about being in the NFL. I find that interesting, the main comparison I recall is Michael Irvin. By comparison, other WRs are usually more business-like and stoic, or surly/ornery/arrogant. IF this yoot has the discipline, desire and determination to succeed, AND he wants to keep life fun and light-hearted, good for him.

His quote about studying the playbook for 2 hours comes across as "whew, that was some work, but doable." I venture to guess that's truly not much more than reading the table of contents and the route-running map for an NFL playbook.

I gotta say I'm glad Bryant McKinnie's not there to help him adjust to the NFL . . . Laughing

Hope he stays healthy and happy . . . and provides us with some electric moments -- weekly.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
He seems so happy.

OH NOES HE'S A BODY CATCHER
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:

Maybe not anyone. I vividly remember hearing from one Packer fan on this board (who will go unnamed here) who adamantly claimed that AJ Hawk was faster than Percy. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Patterson as being completely capable of being everything that Harvin was. However, where Patterson stands out is he is built like a true #1 WR and seems to be a much more natural receiver down the field. Patterson's potential is sky high, but i dont think he has that low of a ceiling. He isnt a Troy Williamson type, who was simply just fast, Patterson is fast but he is explosive, and dynamic.

Patterson generally seems thrilled about the opportunity to be a Viking and in the NFL, that is awesome, considering some of the headaches that Harvin has provided the staff the past couple of seasons.

Hopefully Patterson can remain happy throughout his career and be a positive energy in the lockerroom. That kind of attitude is contagious, especially for a young Qb who doesnt have receivers yelling at him.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like the addition of Patterson in and of itself, it becomes that much greater wince we've added Jennings. Now, he will have a mentor on the team who will teach him all the right things, to go along with a great attitude.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Height/Weight
Player A: 6'2", 217 lbs
Player B: 6'2", 216 lbs

40-Yard Dash
Player A: 4.40 sec
Player B: 4.42 sec

Vertical
Player A: 38.5"
Player B: 37"

Broad Jump
Player A: 10'7"
Player B: 10'8"

Player B is Cordarrelle Patterson.
Player A is Adrian Peterson.

I was hoping to dig deeper into combine measurements, but these were only ones I could find for both players. Still, it gives you an idea of the kind of athlete we are getting.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Height/Weight
Player A: 6'2", 217 lbs
Player B: 6'2", 216 lbs

40-Yard Dash
Player A: 4.40 sec
Player B: 4.42 sec

Vertical
Player A: 38.5"
Player B: 37"

Broad Jump
Player A: 10'7"
Player B: 10'8"

Player B is Cordarrelle Patterson.
Player A is Adrian Peterson.

I was hoping to dig deeper into combine measurements, but these were only ones I could find for both players. Still, it gives you an idea of the kind of athlete we are getting.

Great comparison. Both are elite athletes. I'm pretty pumped about Patterson. I watched him all year long but took him off of my prospect watch because I thought for sure we had no chance of getting him.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully Patterson can take hits over the middle better than Percy could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyHu9dHUxM vs SEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8BEdeAwnxk vs PITT

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
perrynoid

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so pleased with these draft results I am almost ready to start building a shrine to the Spielman!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 30 of 69

Jump to: