Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! I'm more than willing to be proven wrong.
Gordon Bombay

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more this pick sinks in the more I love it. I don't see Patterson making many plays from the receiver position this year but I see him making some game changing plays in the return game his first year. Does Patterson return punts? I can't remember seeing him returning many. Anyways, I see Patterson as a Jacoby Jones like player this year with the ceiling of Julio Jones in the future and that is exciting.

The most exciting thing about this pick, in addition to the addition of Jennings is we cannot say that there are a lack of receiving weapons on this team anymore. It's a position that is going to keep getting better for us.

Edit: on the note of Patterson's maturity. I don't doubt at all Rpmwr's friend's reports of Patterson. But I also don't doubt people's ability to mature after getting out of college. I know I certainly did. I was a fool in college.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. He was likely treated like a big shot and thus let that become part of his personality.

He seems to be genuine enough the times I've seen him interviewed. Seems like a fun loving guy too.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I agree. He was likely treated like a big shot and thus let that become part of his personality.

He seems to be genuine enough the times I've seen him interviewed. Seems like a fun loving guy too.

One thing I like is he seems to understand himself. He knows that he struggles to learn the play book. And knowing that and accepting it will make the progress much easier.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

One thing I like is he seems to understand himself. He knows that he struggles to learn the play book. And knowing that and accepting it will make the progress much easier.

Maybe he didnt truly struggle learning the playbook and simply didnt put in the effort being young and having this "big shot" attitude as mentioned above. Learning isnt always indicate of not having the ability to, it could be circumstantial in terms of outside distractions. It seems like Patterson is focused and if he remains focused, he shouldnt have much trouble. Keep it simple, and keep throwing stuff at him in pieces. by the time August comes around, hopefully he is absorbed enough in the playbook to not have to think too much about it.

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Maybe he didnt truly struggle learning the playbook and simply didnt put in the effort being young and having this "big shot" attitude as mentioned above. Learning isnt always indicate of not having the ability to, it could be circumstantial in terms of outside distractions. It seems like Patterson is focused and if he remains focused, he shouldnt have much trouble. Keep it simple, and keep throwing stuff at him in pieces. by the time August comes around, hopefully he is absorbed enough in the playbook to not have to think too much about it.

Agreed. Jennings will help as well. It is on him to put the effort in.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Adopt A Viking: Brian Robison

GS: 9 TKLS: 15 SK: 3.0 FF: 0 FR: 1 TD: 1 PD: 2
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think learning the playbook will be entirely on Patterson. However, implementing the playbook, applying it on the field and in game time situations, that is where we will see the benefit of having Greg Jennings.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon Bombay wrote:
The more this pick sinks in the more I love it. I don't see Patterson making many plays from the receiver position this year but I see him making some game changing plays in the return game his first year. Does Patterson return punts? I can't remember seeing him returning many. Anyways, I see Patterson as a Jacoby Jones like player this year with the ceiling of Julio Jones in the future and that is exciting.

The most exciting thing about this pick, in addition to the addition of Jennings is we cannot say that there are a lack of receiving weapons on this team anymore. It's a position that is going to keep getting better for us.

Edit: on the note of Patterson's maturity. I don't doubt at all Rpmwr's friend's reports of Patterson. But I also don't doubt people's ability to mature after getting out of college. I know I certainly did. I was a fool in college.

You were a fool long after college too Gordon. It took you getting assigned coaching a youth hockey team as community service for you to finally grow up.

vike daddy wrote:
boondock wrote:
Usually small dogs will wet themselves when they get excited.

happens to me when the nurse comes in with fresh oatmeal. yum!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said this in defense of Hunter, but I'll mention it for Patterson as well: that Tennesee team was a mess. 3 consecutive losing seasons under Dooley, lots of locker room issues, a lot of things went wrong. Patterson, for the first time, will be going into a supportive locker room, where he can just focus on playing football.

This isn't rocket science folks, just memorizing a play book. The rest will come with time and reps.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
fishtanked

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article is a long read but it's excellent!

It's got me really excited to see CP on the field...

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-02-28/sports/sfl-draft-winds-20130228_1_draft-winds-simon-clancy-chris-kouffman

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I think learning the playbook will be entirely on Patterson. However, implementing the playbook, applying it on the field and in game time situations, that is where we will see the benefit of having Greg Jennings.

While I was at first dissappointed we did not land a "faster" WR, I am liking Jennings signing more and more every day. The WR corp went form a weakness to a strength over the last few months. Hopefully, Ponder will be able to utilize these new weapons and become the QB he should be.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtanked wrote:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-02-28/sports/sfl-draft-winds-20130228_1_draft-winds-simon-clancy-chris-kouffman

I thought this was interesting:

According to Second Round Stats, only about 8% of Patterson’s catch work were screen passes, whereas guys like Stedman Bailey, Keenan Allen, Markus Wheaton and Quinton Patton had anywhere from 24% to 32% of their production come in the form of screens. Tavon Austin had upwards of 50%, including the screen sweep.
Sector7G

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic of him at rookie camp.

http://twitpic.com/co4k26
fishtanked

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
fishtanked wrote:

I thought this was interesting:

According to Second Round Stats, only about 8% of Patterson’s catch work were screen passes, whereas guys like Stedman Bailey, Keenan Allen, Markus Wheaton and Quinton Patton had anywhere from 24% to 32% of their production come in the form of screens. Tavon Austin had upwards of 50%, including the screen sweep.

Yeah, the article addresses all the "myths" about Cordarrelle. Hands, character, ability to learn, etc.

Especially like the comparison towards the end. Dez Bryant without the bad attitude. Sign me up!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant is a good comparison, he is also a very dangerous YAC receiver and did return punts earlier in his career.

Though Bryant seems to be a much more natural receiver, but he also had a lot more time at a big program compared to Patterson. Id give the edge to Patterson in terms of pure athletic ability, speed, change of direction ability, and quickness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 29 of 68

Jump to: