Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Yeah, I don't see the Harvin thing at all. Patterson can take handoffs, but he's, and do bubble screens (and have more success than Harvin did), but I don't see it. I think he can become the complete package.

I still just hate the dreads...

That doesn't even make sense. The majority of Patterson's success came the same way Harvin's did. Patterson may have more potential as a downfield receiver but he hasn't shown much of it yet.

because Harvin was so limited in what he could do. a bubble screen, an end around, toss out of the backfield, maybe once a while throw a 20 yard pass his way, but that was it. Patterson did do the same thing, but after watching him, I think he'll end being a better player than Harvin at those things, but also become a more complete WR who can make the tough catches downfield like we see with Demaryius Thomas or Julio Jones.

I shouldn't have said that CP wasn't like Harvin...

Edit: I find dreads beautiful on a girl, but on not on a guy! lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the many looks CP has sported, this is undoubtedly my favorite:

Close second:

Longest Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is so fast he needs a rear spoiler.Wink

"Respect for the truth is an acquired taste."
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lil highlight video: http://youtu.be/N1hV3Ldg61g
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Nice lil highlight video: http://youtu.be/N1hV3Ldg61g

There isn't a more dangerous open field runner in the NFL. If he gets the other parts of the position down, there is no limit to what he'll be able to accomplish.
tonkavikes27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen the highlight of the ref high five. This kid seems to have so much fun playing the game. Can't wait to see him develop in the future

#freepeterson
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This offseason, I would like to see CP84 focus on the vertical aspect of the WR position. The vertical route running, the hands and body usage to create space between himself and the DB, and finally the ability to hands catch the ball at the apex. I think that's the biggest thing CP84 needs to learn in order to become a top tier WR in this year. He is so talented, I hope he can make that jump.
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Football Focus @PFF · 3h
5 WRs were taken in the round 1 last week. Here's the instant impact the last 10 1st rounders have produced.

In the last 8 games, once Patterson started to play (he played < 30% of offensive snaps until game #8, and didn't play >50% until game #10 @Seattle):

29 catches for 323 yards, 4 TDs
10 carries for 154 yards, 3 TDs

Add that up:
39 touches from scrimmage, 477 yards, 7 TDs -- in 8 games

Plus the kickoff returns.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Jennings, who had already been in town and had sat down with Zimmer and offensive coordinator Norv Turner, quickly got a sense of how prominently Patterson would be featured in the Vikings' offense. He wanted to make sure the electric receiver knew what that required of him.

"I wanted him to know that, coming in, the expectation of you is no longer 'rookie.' It's, 'You gotta go. We saw what you can do. We're gonna showcase this,'" Jennings recalled last week. "For me, it was making sure that he understands that he has to be a professional. He has to be a pro's pro when he steps foot in this building, because we're expecting (him) to give us what we've seen you put out there."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/130420/jennings-continues-to-work-with-patterson

Mike Singletary: "The fact that Greg Jennings made that statement tells you a lot, because I know Greg Jennings wants the ball. I have to be very honest with you. When you look at Cordarrelle Patterson, this is a young man who is going to be a superstar. He is going to be a great player. Very exciting to watch, has a lot of heart. He's a tall guy who you'd think doesn't have a lot of shiftiness, but he is tough."

"It's very rare that you see a guy with his size being as tall as he is to be as tough as he is and as shifty as he is. People are going to be very excited about watching him in the future. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtoovhZVWUM
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys want to be entertained? Check out the Tavon Austin vs. Cordarelle Patterson thread in the Comparison forum. Some Rams fan wants an avy bet bad with as many of us as possible.

Something along the lines of Patterson won't go over 775 yards receiving this season...
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make that bet.
Krauser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordarrelle Patterson Primed for Breakout Campaign

Quote:
Cordarrelle has had an outstanding offseason,” Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner told Bleacher Report. “He’s reacted to this opportunity like a guy on a mission. He’s really done well.”

“Like all of these college guys, he’s had limited exposure to route running,” Turner said. “The progress he’s made as a route-runner will make a difference in the way he performs. In the spring you can’t do any bump-and-run or press, so we have a lot of work to do in camp. But the biggest thing about him is he’s such a good runner after he catches the ball. So while he grows as a route-runner, he’s going to make a lot of plays because he has very good run instincts after the catch.”

Wide receivers coach George Stewart, one of the best in the business, spent extra time with Patterson in the offseason working diligently on fundamentals and trying to create a mindset of consistent effort.

Turner, meanwhile, has been thinking of ways to get the most out of Patterson’s abilities. In the offseason Patterson played all three wide receiver positions in the Vikings offense, and Turner said Patterson handled the mental aspects of moving around well. Having Patterson line up in different spots will help the Vikings get him some short, quick throws.

The plan moving forward, however, is for him mostly to play the X, or split-end position, in the Vikings offense. The benefit of this, Turner explained, is Patterson will be away from the tight end side and the extra traffic created by the threat of running back Adrian Peterson. “The X tends to get a lot of single coverage because defenses are going to try to stop Adrian,” Turner said.

So much for the report from that fantasy football site that Patterson would be primarily used at flanker this year. I expect it'll be Patterson/Jennings most of the time, and the 3WR sets will be either Patterson/Jennings/Wright or Simpson/Patterson/Jennings, with Jennings most likely to line up as the slot receiver (he played a lot of slot in GB and excelled there).

The reports of Patterson's off season sound very promising. I've started a film analysis of his targets from 2013, already see he has a lot to improve on as a route runner. If he gets better at that, watch out.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmichaelp wrote:
I would make that bet.

I took it.
Krauser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of choice gifs from my gif-heavy post on the Comparisons thread discussing Tavon Austin vs Cordarrelle.

Ian Kenyon on twitter today covered some of the same ground we were going over at the end of last season:

Quote:
Ian Kenyon @IanKenyonNFL · 11h
Cordarrelle Patterson forced 13 missed tackles on 12 carries last year. Ray Rice forced 9 missed tackles on 214 carries.

Patterson forced 10 missed tackles on 45 receptions last year. Desean Jackson forced 9 missed tackles on 82 receptions.

None of that surprises me. Patterson might be the best open field runner in the NFL.

The angles that Patterson cuts at while moving full speed is pretty absurd. Nobody else in the NFL like him right now imo.

Vikings should have given serious consideration to using Patterson as backup RB instead of drafting McKinnon. Get him 50-60 carries

It sounds weird for your future #1 WR to be used as a backup RB, but Patterson is pretty unique. I'd get him involved in any way possible.

He also asked the PFF guys to calculate Patterson's "elusiveness rating", a stat for RBs based on broken/missed tackles forced and yards after contact. Adrian Peterson led the league last year with 64.6, he had 72.0 in 2012.

Quote:
Ian Kenyon @IanKenyonNFL · 10h
Cordarrelle Patterson elusiveness rating at RB on 12 carries RT @PFF Doing some rough math is works out to a quite ridiculous 1072.5.
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of good articles about Patterson. Cant help but be real excited about him this coming season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 68 of 82

Jump to: