You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
He also played the same position (X WR) that Patterson's trying to learn in Norv Turner's offense.

Yup, he's one guy that both Zimmer and Turner have in common.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Moss was #81 on the Patriots, wasn't he? what was he on the Raiders?

He wore 81 on the Patriots but I thought Steve was talking about Moss with the Vikings.

I was just saying in general.

Randy Moss was #88 at Marshall, but that number is retired for the Vikings.

Patterson is a big fan of Moss, so I'd guess if he did switch his number, it would be another one Moss used throughout his career.

I wonder why. Moss has never really said anything good about Patterson. Was even kind of irritated when Patterson took number 84.

I don't blame him. We should have retired that number when Moss left.

I think Cordarrelle was/is a fan of Randy is because the guy was an unbelieveable talent, and was very successful in the league.

I can't see Coach Zimmer reaching out to a guy like Moss though. I think a perfect guy to mentor Patterson would be Larry Fitzgerald. He is a man of tremendous character, and he also learned from Carter and Moss.

Last edited by Uncle Buck on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any reason for CP to change his number, nor do I think he will.

Moss left Minnesota and had a very successful career after, but actually spent more time away from Minnesota than in a Viking uniform. His years here were incredible, and so were his numbers, but I don't think you can retire the number of a player who spent less than a decade in your team's colors.

The bigger non-retired number is #64. How Randall McDaniel's number isn't retired is beyond me. Anthony Herrera wearing that number was an abomination.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
byuvike88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I don't see any reason for CP to change his number, nor do I think he will.

Moss left Minnesota and had a very successful career after, but actually spent more time away from Minnesota than in a Viking uniform. His years here were incredible, and so were his numbers, but I don't think you can retire the number of a player who spent less than a decade in your team's colors.

The bigger non-retired number is #64. How Randall McDaniel's number isn't retired is beyond me. Anthony Herrera wearing that number was an abomination.

I agree. I love Moss, and he did wonders here, but not worthy of a retired number. Although he was here as long as he was away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right on that. My math was poor. I guess technically he spent the most time here.

7 seasons + 4 games in Minnesota

6 seasons + 12 games elsewhere

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already know one person it is not [to mentor Patterson this off season], Cris Carter. What other people with ties to Zimmer could be a good fit with Cordarrelle? My mind then goes directly to a guy like Michael Irvin. Irvin battled through his own demons as he came to age on the NFL scene but those demons were very different (or so we think) than Cordarrelle’s. The pair have similar attitudes and would work well together, but Irvin seems to have moved on from the instruction side of football, and he was never known to be one to share his skillset, he’s better at sharing his opinions.

It’s not Carter, probably not Irvin, what other wide receiver mentors does Mike Zimmer have ties to? Maybe Troy Aikman could share some of his perspective from the quarterback’s eyes? Terry Glenn and Joey Galloway spent a little time in Dallas with Zimmer?

Then it hit me...I’m looking at this all wrong. My mind immediately went to former wide receivers to fill in as this mentor when the correct answer was likely staring me right in the face. There’s a guy who is a former player, a former coach and a former instructor who has very strong ties, and public ties to Mike Zimmer. A guy who, if anyone could get through to Patterson, he could. It has to be Bill Parcels.

Bill Parcels was the last guy that Mike Zimmer talked to before accepting the job in Minnesota. They have an open line of communication, Parcels has a bit of free time right now, and he has the big name and big resume to get a guy like Cordarrelle’s attention. There’s been no official confirmation that Parcels is the guy, but it just makes too much sense. And as far as I’m concerned, Bill is as a good a guy as any to snap CP out of this funk.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/288141201.html

doubtful.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
kparty69

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he could work with AJ Green.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
We already know one person it is not [to mentor Patterson this off season], Cris Carter. What other people with ties to Zimmer could be a good fit with Cordarrelle? My mind then goes directly to a guy like Michael Irvin. Irvin battled through his own demons as he came to age on the NFL scene but those demons were very different (or so we think) than Cordarrelle’s. The pair have similar attitudes and would work well together, but Irvin seems to have moved on from the instruction side of football, and he was never known to be one to share his skillset, he’s better at sharing his opinions.

It’s not Carter, probably not Irvin, what other wide receiver mentors does Mike Zimmer have ties to? Maybe Troy Aikman could share some of his perspective from the quarterback’s eyes? Terry Glenn and Joey Galloway spent a little time in Dallas with Zimmer?

Then it hit me...I’m looking at this all wrong. My mind immediately went to former wide receivers to fill in as this mentor when the correct answer was likely staring me right in the face. There’s a guy who is a former player, a former coach and a former instructor who has very strong ties, and public ties to Mike Zimmer. A guy who, if anyone could get through to Patterson, he could. It has to be Bill Parcels.

Bill Parcels was the last guy that Mike Zimmer talked to before accepting the job in Minnesota. They have an open line of communication, Parcels has a bit of free time right now, and he has the big name and big resume to get a guy like Cordarrelle’s attention. There’s been no official confirmation that Parcels is the guy, but it just makes too much sense. And as far as I’m concerned, Bill is as a good a guy as any to snap CP out of this funk.

doubtful.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought about Parcells in a million years, but it does make sense because of the connection to Zimmer. Then again, it's hard to imagine the Tuna spending much of his time with a struggling receiver from Minnesota.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

doubtful.

Maybe Parcells could turn Patterson into Phil McConkey!?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's a name that's pretty familiar around here as a former free agent pursuit of the Vikings, but also familiar to Zimmer, as he spent a year with him in Cincinnati and is known as one of the best route-runners of the last decade....Housh-your-momma. He just-so happens to be the WR coach at Long Beach Poly in California and I vaguely recall Cordarelle saying in one of his last interviews with PA that he was going to California in the offseason.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very interesting theory.

But this quote from Zimmer;

Quote:
It's not really about life, although I'm sure this guy will teach him something about life, too. It's more about playing, being a receiver."

Leads me to believe that it's Michael Irvin, along with the connection to both Zimmer and Turner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think disaacs nailed it with Houshmandzadeh
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The identity of Cordarrelle Patterson's offseason instructor is still unknown, but we were able to root out one popular theory: It's not Michael Irvin. The former Cowboys receiver, who built his Hall of Fame career in the scheme of Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner, isn't mentoring Patterson this offseason, according to a league source.

LINK

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86
Page 86 of 86

Jump to: