You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 84, 85, 86  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 4194
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was thinking more of post/out routes with a cut in one direction or another. He can do a very good job of cutting at speed and creating separation. Can think of a handful of examples from this year -- so he's capable of it, even if he's not getting that done routinely.

You're right that he's basically never open on comeback routes, for exactly the reason you describe. Charles Johnson is way better at running those routes than Patterson right now, it's not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I'm predicting right now that Cordarrelle Patterson starts next offseason with a new number.


#18 would make sense.

Randy Moss used that number as well. He also used #81


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch Cris Carter off the list of potential mentors for Cordarrelle Patterson that head coach Mike Zimmer contacted this week. Carter, the Hall of Fame receiver that played for the Minnesota Vikings from 1990-2001, has been a mentor to several NFL receivers over the years, but he told Viking Update he wasn’t the person that Zimmer contacted.

http://min.scout.com/story/1497509-zimmer-s-mentor-for-patterson-isn-t-carter
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikesGuy07


Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 5054
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Scratch Cris Carter off the list of potential mentors for Cordarrelle Patterson that head coach Mike Zimmer contacted this week. Carter, the Hall of Fame receiver that played for the Minnesota Vikings from 1990-2001, has been a mentor to several NFL receivers over the years, but he told Viking Update he wasn’t the person that Zimmer contacted.

http://min.scout.com/story/1497509-zimmer-s-mentor-for-patterson-isn-t-carter


That theory never made much sense to me, because Zimmer and Carter never really crossed paths. The way Zimmer spoke, it was like he knew this secret mentor well.

Irvin fits all the criteria we've heard much better than Carter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikesGuy07 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Scratch Cris Carter off the list of potential mentors for Cordarrelle Patterson that head coach Mike Zimmer contacted this week. Carter, the Hall of Fame receiver that played for the Minnesota Vikings from 1990-2001, has been a mentor to several NFL receivers over the years, but he told Viking Update he wasn’t the person that Zimmer contacted.

http://min.scout.com/story/1497509-zimmer-s-mentor-for-patterson-isn-t-carter


That theory never made much sense to me, because Zimmer and Carter never really crossed paths. The way Zimmer spoke, it was like he knew this secret mentor well.

Irvin fits all the criteria we've heard much better than Carter.


I would much rather Patterson play like Carter than Irvin, in my opinion. Irvin is one of the most overrated receivers ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 6626
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
I'm predicting right now that Cordarrelle Patterson starts next offseason with a new number.


#18 would make sense.

Randy Moss used that number as well. He also used #81



He never used 81. Chris Walsh wore 81 when Moss was on the Vikings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss was #81 on the Patriots, wasn't he? what was he on the Raiders?
_________________


Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 6626
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
VikesGuy07 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Scratch Cris Carter off the list of potential mentors for Cordarrelle Patterson that head coach Mike Zimmer contacted this week. Carter, the Hall of Fame receiver that played for the Minnesota Vikings from 1990-2001, has been a mentor to several NFL receivers over the years, but he told Viking Update he wasn’t the person that Zimmer contacted.

http://min.scout.com/story/1497509-zimmer-s-mentor-for-patterson-isn-t-carter


That theory never made much sense to me, because Zimmer and Carter never really crossed paths. The way Zimmer spoke, it was like he knew this secret mentor well.

Irvin fits all the criteria we've heard much better than Carter.


I would much rather Patterson play like Carter than Irvin, in my opinion. Irvin is one of the most overrated receivers ever.


I don't think he's overrated at all. He just played on an offense that went through Emmitt Smith first. Put him on a pass first offense and he ends his career (minus the injury vs the eagles) with Cris Carter type numbers in fewer seasons.

I think Irvin would be a great mentor for Patterson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 4194
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvin was flashy and gregarious but productive as a pro receiver.

He also played the same position (X WR) that Patterson's trying to learn in Norv Turner's offense.

Carter's skill set was quite different, and I don't think his personality would mesh well with Cordarrelle's.

No idea if it's true or not, but Irvin would be an ideal mentor IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byuvike88


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 4605
Location: Shelley Idaho
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Moss was #81 on the Patriots, wasn't he? what was he on the Raiders?


He went back to 18 with the Raiders
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 6626
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Moss was #81 on the Patriots, wasn't he? what was he on the Raiders?


He wore 81 on the Patriots but I thought Steve was talking about Moss with the Vikings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
Irvin was flashy and gregarious but productive as a pro receiver.

He also played the same position (X WR) that Patterson's trying to learn in Norv Turner's offense.

Carter's skill set was quite different, and I don't think his personality would mesh well with Cordarrelle's.

No idea if it's true or not, but Irvin would be an ideal mentor IMO.


Ummm...Patterson's problems are not the speed necessary for playing X. His problems are route running and catching the ball. Carter one of the best route runners of all time and THE best catcher of the ball all time. I don't see Irvin adding anything to the equation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Moss was #81 on the Patriots, wasn't he? what was he on the Raiders?


He wore 81 on the Patriots but I thought Steve was talking about Moss with the Vikings.


I was just saying in general.

Randy Moss was #88 at Marshall, but that number is retired for the Vikings.

Patterson is a big fan of Moss, so I'd guess if he did switch his number, it would be another one Moss used throughout his career.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TENINCH


Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 6626
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Moss was #81 on the Patriots, wasn't he? what was he on the Raiders?


He wore 81 on the Patriots but I thought Steve was talking about Moss with the Vikings.


I was just saying in general.

Randy Moss was #88 at Marshall, but that number is retired for the Vikings.

Patterson is a big fan of Moss, so I'd guess if he did switch his number, it would be another one Moss used throughout his career.


I wonder why. Moss has never really said anything good about Patterson. Was even kind of irritated when Patterson took number 84.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Moderator
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 13157
Location: Marshall
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Patterson is a big fan of Moss, so I'd guess if he did switch his number, it would be another one Moss used throughout his career.


If he's as big of a fan of Moss as you think, he probably won't change his number. Number change would be used to get out of the Moss shadow, so it'd be dumb to simply pick another Moss number.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 85 of 86

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group