Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st round, 27th overall pick: WR DeAndre Hopkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be looking for a pretty immediate impact out of him. Schaub's got a pretty well polished machine to operate now, especially considering we've got Keshawn Martin and Posey developing relatively quickly (out of necessity) and they look like pretty good prospects. WR looks to be pretty solid for us. That being said, wouldn't be surprised if we take another one.

LORK88
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this pick. Hopkins has an NFL ready body, long arms, big hands, good speed, great ball skills, attacks the ball, shields defenders with his body, fights for the ball. He's exactly what this team needs. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans take another WR in the mid or late rounds due to Posey injury, and Jean not doing crap.
treece300e

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a huge fan of Hopkins for the past two seasons, and I'm absolutely elated to have him in a Texans jersey. I know he doesn't have the game-breaking speed of Tavon Austin, but he is a crisp route runner with strong hands who has a great ability to catch in traffic. He's not terrible after the catch, but it's not his strong suit. What I like about him is he can find holes in zone coverage, will block downfield, and is great in the redzone. 18TDs in a season don't happen by accident, and I hope that part of his game carries over to the NFL. Obviously, I'm not expecting 18TDs from him, but a few redzone TDs and he'll win me over for sure.

He had a great game against LSU, proving he could handle top-notch competition on a big stage. He had 13 catches, 191 yards and 2 TDs. Overall for his three year career, he averaged about 70 catches, 1000 yards and 9 TDs a season.

And on a more personal note, I like that he doesn't act like a typical WR diva with excessive TD celebrations. He seems pretty humble and that is a rarity for such a playmaker in today's society.
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely like the pick. We got what we wanted which was a WR. Just going to have to wait and see how he fits in though from what I've heard and seen he looks like a great fit for a west coast offense. He's not particularly fast, but has great hands and is a great route runner. Hope we can fill other spots today also in Rounds 2 & 3. Definitely still need an ILB among other positions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy to have him, though for sure he would be gone by our pick. He has such a high floor at WR (not to discount his ceiling) that I just didnt imagine him dropping. He reminds me of H.Nicks minus some strength. However I will trade health for strength if that comparison holds true.

In the projection game for WR the deeper people go with prospects, the more they devalue hands IMO. If they cant catch the ball reliably, it doesn matter if they run a 4.2 40 and are 6'5".

Love me some NUK.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick by you guys. He was a player I was holing would fall to the Ravens, but expected to see go higher than he was mocked. I think Hopkins has a very high floor and should be a contributer right away.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-DeAndre-Hopkins-conference-call/ffd35899-b921-4c25-8638-8063013498e1 (article)

http://old.houstontexans.com/news/PodcastCentral2.asp?AUTO=Y&EID=2842 (radio version of the conference call)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIwGU--CYAA-UPJ.jpg:large

I know he won't have number 1, but seeing Hopkins on the back of the jersey looks good!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/25/deandre-hopkins-selected-no-27-by-houston-texans/

Quote:
Grade: A. Houston is not far away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender some might say the Texans are there already. Hopkins certainly keeps the momentum moving in the right direction, and both Matt Schaub and Johnson ought to love this one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 35s

WR DeAndre Hopkins will wear number 10 for the #Texans. Jerseys on sale now at http://Shop.HoustonTexans.com . @Nukdabomb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Lestar Jean hears the sounds of his career dieing if he doesn't really set up his game and productivity next season.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre talking about the pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YyxvrijCrs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
I wonder if Lestar Jean hears the sounds of his career dieing if he doesn't really set up his game and productivity next season.

I guarantee Jean would get a shot on another roster if cut. Other teams love our players and greatly respect our ability to assess personnel. Jean would instantly be in the mix in, say, Jacksonville; he's got a much better X/Z skillset than Sanders or Robinson (the latter of whom may see significant snaps at runningback if some of the things I've heard are true).
BootsBandicoot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polished player. Perfect #2 and has a Andre-like attitude in run blocking. Best route runner from those available. Can't decide if I favor this pick or the Swearinger. But solid mad raft class on our end. Brennan Williams is the only player that has me worrisome.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many years does Andre have left. It's going to be sad to see him decline.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
How many years does Andre have left. It's going to be sad to see him decline.

He's so fundamentally sound and doesn't rely on his athleticism as one would think that his "decline" wouldn't be that significant. He's easily a top 3-5 route-runner in the game and he'll always have his strength and size going for him. He'll still play at a top 3-5 level for the next 2-3 years before his decline which I still see him playing at a top 10 level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: