Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-25: MINN - Xavier Rhodes [CB] Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
with Cook and Rhodes now, if we don't run a ton of press coverage I am going to lose my mind.

Don't sweat it! Sanity is way, way over-rated anyways.

Said by someone who's name is perrynoid Laughing
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that Alan Williams has said he is excited to run more press and man with Cook and Rhodes.

It is also a myth that the Vikings only run zone coverage. We actually are close to 50/50 man and zone. There are a few games last year where we ran almost entirely man coverage. I expect that to continue with Rhodes now.

If we let Cook and Rhodes press at the line and play man coverage I see both becoming upper echelon CB's.

I also love Robinson in the slot. A much better fit for him.

And if Rhodes busts at CB, he will make an outstanding Cover-2 safety.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running more press man can really help this defense. It'll give more time to the defensive line to get at the QB, and we'll be able to blitz more elaborately.

I wasn't a big fan of taking a corner in the first prior to Thursday night, but I really like what Rhodes can bring to the defense.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favourite pick of the draft. And that says allot.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Results/Review-B.php

Many assumed the Vikings were targeting Manti Teo of Notre Dame with this choice. After all, they needed a middle linebacker and have a clear affinity for Fighting Irish prospects. Something tells me they fully expected to go with Teo but were surprised when Floyd, Rhodes or perhaps both were still available and just couldnt pass. I felt Rhodes was being overrated by some due to his outstanding blend of size and speed but that was when he was being talked about as a potential Top 10-12 overall pick. Its a different story late in the first round though and Minnesota was in the market for reinforcements at corner after parting ways with Antoine Winfield. Rhodes will most likely step right into the starting lineup, leaving a couple of other former early round picks in Chris Cook and Josh Robinson to battle for the other spot. The Vikings definitely have some talent at the position, now its the coaches job to get them to play up to their potential. If it were me I still would have gone with Teo because there undoubtedly would have been good corners available in rounds two and three.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X came to FSU as a WR and the new coaching staff quickly turned him into a CB(Mickie Andrews->Mark Stoops) after his redshirt year. Cocky kid but him he has proved his ability while at FSU. Favorite thing about him is obviously his length and his aggressiveness. He's excellent in bump and run coverage, he's been able to take alot of WR out of games just by killing them on that aspect. With all that said he can get beat at times so I guess its a bit of a double edge sword but his length saves him at times and his ball skills arent the best for being a former wideout. All in all I think he's gonna be a solid pro.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
kparty69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think Xavier Rhodes nickname should be CrossRhodes or Crossroads for X Rhodes!
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that we are turning into a more physical secondary, with Cook, Smith, and now adding Rhodes.
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
I love that we are turning into a more physical secondary, with Cook, Smith, and now adding Rhodes.

Even Robinson has a far bit of physicality for his size.

Bridgewater's response to "Teddy Time"
Quote:
Its not [nice], Im still the young guy here and I still have a lot to prove and I still have a lot to work for.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Robinson does, he spent a season with Winfield, who, pound for pound, is one of the most physical corners in the league. If anything, that will be the legacy that Winfield has left.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Dr LoveVikings

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamarca is a tough cookie as well...that is if he remains the starter next to Harrison...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TearsOfPurple wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Even Robinson has a far bit of physicality for his size.

Chya!
http://youtu.be/sbgm6QIko88
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Of course Robinson does, he spent a season with Winfield, who, pound for pound, is the most physical corner in the league.

Fixed.

He is honestly one of my all-time favorite players. The consummate professional and the definition of a hard worker, with grit to spare. Sometimes all the right ingredients fall into place to produce the right kind of football player. Winfield is such a case.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its officially all downhill from here for cornerback Xavier Rhodes. Just kidding, of course, but we did notice that the 25th overall pick makes a nice first impression. In this case, it was an interception in the first one-on-one drill of his first rookie minicamp practice.

It was just a little press coverage; my type of game, said the 6-1, 217-pounder known for his physical play. I kept the receiver in front of me, on my hip. The quarterback threw the ball up. It was a jump ball. And I just picked it off.

The Vikings, of course, are hoping Rhodes can duplicate that when the competition is tougher than this weekend, where all three quarterbacks and most of the receivers hes facing are undrafted rookies with little chance of making a 53-man roster.

If thats the case, the Vikings might have a cornerback grab more than four interceptions for the first time since Brian Williams had five back in 2003.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/206055391.html
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Rhodes plays up to his potential, Cook stays healthy and out of trouble, and Harrison Smith keeps doing what he is doing, the Vikings are going to have one of the best secondaries in the league.

If we can reload the defensive line, and either Hodges or Mauti turns out to be a solid starting linebacker this will be a championship caliber defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: