Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NY Giants 19th Pick Justin Pugh G Syracuse
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: NY Giants 19th Pick Justin Pugh G Syracuse Reply with quote

I don't think I read 1 mock draft in this forum with us taking him. We don't need a guard, and if we did this is way to early. In Reese we trust I guess. I'm really mad though to be completely honest, with people like trufant, floyd, rhodes, and ogletree sitting there. Cant wait for the 2nd round!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant, Flloyd, Ogletree are overrated imo. Rhodes doesn't fit our scheme.

JR says we are projecting him at RT.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11699
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin P-ugh i can't believe we made this freaking pick since when do we reach for players
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Trufant, Flloyd, Ogletree are overrated imo. Rhodes doesn't fit our scheme.

JR says we are projecting him at RT.


Then Teo. This is the definition of a reach. We could of got a player of his caliber anywhere. We could of waited for a legit right tackle. Kiper just said his arms might be to short to play guard that he may be a center. Yet, we put him at RT.

And as for floyd, he was overrated to be a top 5 pick as he was projected. He would of been a steal for us.


Last edited by mattbags2313 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Trufant, Flloyd, Ogletree are overrated imo. Rhodes doesn't fit our scheme.

JR says we are projecting him at RT.


Then Teo. This is the definition of a reach. We could of got a player of his caliber anywhere. We could of waited for a legit right tackle. Kiper just said his arms might be to short to play guard that he may be a center. Yet, we put him at RT.


Quote:
Jerry Reese: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board."


I trust JR. Plus Te'o? Really? As much as it pains me to say it as a ND fan, he's an overrated prospect also.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
And as for floyd, he was overrated to be a top 5 pick as he was projected. He would of been a steal for us.


Disagree. Had him as my 3rd DT so this is the range I had him in.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Trufant, Flloyd, Ogletree are overrated imo. Rhodes doesn't fit our scheme.

JR says we are projecting him at RT.


Then Teo. This is the definition of a reach. We could of got a player of his caliber anywhere. We could of waited for a legit right tackle. Kiper just said his arms might be to short to play guard that he may be a center. Yet, we put him at RT.


Quote:
Jerry Reese: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board."


I trust JR. Plus Te'o? Really? As much as it pains me to say it as a ND fan, he's an overrated prospect also.


He is going to be a great player. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in instincts, leadership, and tackling. You can't tell me you would rather Pugh than Teo. Also dan connor or Teo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUfbondarebound


Joined: 09 Dec 2005
Posts: 6083
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugh is a tackle. He could conceivably slide to guard, but he isn't a center. And the arm length is overblown. His arms are half an inch shorter than Jake Long's. He's got quick feet and fantastic technique. He's great at blocking at the second level and pulling.
_________________


11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11699
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Trufant, Flloyd, Ogletree are overrated imo. Rhodes doesn't fit our scheme.

JR says we are projecting him at RT.


Then Teo. This is the definition of a reach. We could of got a player of his caliber anywhere. We could of waited for a legit right tackle. Kiper just said his arms might be to short to play guard that he may be a center. Yet, we put him at RT.


Quote:
Jerry Reese: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board."


I trust JR. Plus Te'o? Really? As much as it pains me to say it as a ND fan, he's an overrated prospect also.


He is going to be a great player. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in instincts, leadership, and tackling. You can't tell me you would rather Pugh than Teo. Also dan connor or Teo?


I'd rather take that oklahoma RB than Teo.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUfbondarebound wrote:
Pugh is a tackle. He could conceivably slide to guard, but he isn't a center. And the arm length is overblown. His arms are half an inch shorter than Jake Long's. He's got quick feet and fantastic technique. He's great at blocking at the second level and pulling.


Then espn needs to get their facts right and not list him as a guard. Also I guess Mel Kiper, whose whole career is doing mock drafts and analyzing players, is wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
He is going to be a great player. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in instincts, leadership, and tackling. You can't tell me you would rather Pugh than Teo. Also dan connor or Teo?


He's a bad tackler against the more physical teams. He had always come up short in the past in big games and shown less than stellar ability in those games (USC two years ago, Alabama last year), his leadership will be lessened due to the scandal. He was a very good college player but as far as projections, he doesn't project to be a great NFL player.

Pugh on the other hand projects to be a great guard.

Whats the point of comparing Connor to Teo? Its a draft pick.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugh played LT in college and did it extremely well. The only reason he was projected at guard is his arm length.
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11699
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
Pugh played LT in college and did it extremely well. The only reason he was projected at guard is his arm length.


We just extended our franchise LT. Where is he going to play?
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
He is going to be a great player. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in instincts, leadership, and tackling. You can't tell me you would rather Pugh than Teo. Also dan connor or Teo?


He's a bad tackler against the more physical teams. He had always come up short in the past in big games and shown less than stellar ability in those games (USC two years ago, Alabama last year), his leadership will be lessened due to the scandal. He was a very good college player but as far as projections, he doesn't project to be a great NFL player.

Pugh on the other hand projects to be a great guard.

Whats the point of comparing Connor to Teo? Its a draft pick.


Reese already said apparently that Pugh won't even be a guard, and all I'm saying is I'd rather draft Teo and put him at middle back than have dan connor there this year. I can't wait until Teo blows up next year, and has an awesome career. I'm not even saying I wanted Teo. I would of rathered literally anyone else there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Save The Hero


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 7605
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Pugh played LT in college and did it extremely well. The only reason he was projected at guard is his arm length.


We just extended our franchise LT. Where is he going to play?


RT? Don't we need to protect Eli?
_________________

^Stone85 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group