You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NY Giants 19th Pick Justin Pugh G Syracuse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Trufant, Flloyd, Ogletree are overrated imo. Rhodes doesn't fit our scheme.

JR says we are projecting him at RT.

Then Teo. This is the definition of a reach. We could of got a player of his caliber anywhere. We could of waited for a legit right tackle. Kiper just said his arms might be to short to play guard that he may be a center. Yet, we put him at RT.

Quote:
Jerry Reese: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board."

I trust JR. Plus Te'o? Really? As much as it pains me to say it as a ND fan, he's an overrated prospect also.

I believe JR's comment, I just don't know if I agree with it though. I mean, he's not a great run blocker.. expected to be a right guard.. i'm sure Eli will like it, but I don't think it really makes our team much better.
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
SUfbondarebound wrote:
Pugh is a tackle. He could conceivably slide to guard, but he isn't a center. And the arm length is overblown. His arms are half an inch shorter than Jake Long's. He's got quick feet and fantastic technique. He's great at blocking at the second level and pulling.

Then espn needs to get their facts right and not list him as a guard. Also I guess Mel Kiper, whose whole career is doing mock drafts and analyzing players, is wrong.

I've watched more Justin Pugh than Mel Kiper has. He may project Pugh to be a guard, but he never played a snap at that position in college. And to shoehorn him into guard because his arms are 1 inch too short is reactionary. Mike Mayock has him as a tackle who can play guard if needed, and Mayock knows a lot more than Kiper does.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Pugh played LT in college and did it extremely well. The only reason he was projected at guard is his arm length.

We just extended our franchise LT. Where is he going to play?

RT? Don't we need to protect Eli?

Can he play RT? JR says he was the top rated guy, but it seems like a cop out since we couldnt get a replacement for Diehl in FA

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:
Pugh played LT in college and did it extremely well. The only reason he was projected at guard is his arm length.

Basically we took someone in the FIRST ROUND, and he isnt going to even play his natural position. We could of got this in the 2nd. We don't even have starting line backers for next year. Kiwi is an end again. Ogletree can play all LB positions. I got turned off of Carradine at the last second because they said his knee is still bummed. I really wanted a CB or LB.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Reese already said apparently that Pugh won't even be a guard, and all I'm saying is I'd rather draft Teo and put him at middle back than have dan connor there this year. I can't wait until Teo blows up next year, and has an awesome career. I'm not even saying I wanted Teo. I would of rathered literally anyone else there.

JR said this:

Quote:
Pugh projects to RT for Giants, but Reese says they believe he could play guard or center, too. #NYG

Doesn't commit to any position. But if he's smart enough he can play RT easily and be dominant.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Can he play RT? JR says he was the top rated guy, but it seems like a cop out since we couldnt get a replacement for Diehl in FA

Needs to get stronger but I can't see why not.

^Stone85 on the sig^
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
Reese already said apparently that Pugh won't even be a guard, and all I'm saying is I'd rather draft Teo and put him at middle back than have dan connor there this year. I can't wait until Teo blows up next year, and has an awesome career. I'm not even saying I wanted Teo. I would of rathered literally anyone else there.

JR said this:

Quote:
Pugh projects to RT for Giants, but Reese says they believe he could play guard or center, too. #NYG

Doesn't commit to any position. But if he's smart enough he can play RT easily and be dominant.

I understand where your coming from, but to roll the dice and hope he can play RT when there were a lot of options just sitting there doesn't seem right. As far as G and C go I dont think those are huge needs right now.

Final Argument. That stat espn showed about the Giants 3trd down defense didn't change with this pick and that bothers me. Say what you want about Ogletree, he can play all 3 LB positions and he is a baller in coverage.

Last edited by mattbags2313 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:

Basically we took someone in the FIRST ROUND, and he isnt going to even play his natural position. We could of got this in the 2nd. We don't even have starting line backers for next year. Kiwi is an end again. Ogletree can play all LB positions. I got turned off of Carradine at the last second because they said his knee is still bummed. I really wanted a CB or LB.

Who would've been a comparable talent in the 2nd. Give me a break.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows I wanted defense, but our OL is garbage at 3 different positions. We needed to start revamping it especially to help our #1 pick last year.

And it doesn't hurt we got a Syracuse brother
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:

Who would've been a comparable talent in the 2nd. Give me a break.

You're acting like I said round 5. Will Beatty was a 2nd round pick and is now a franchise tackle. All I'm saying is I would of rathered a RT in the 2nd. Rather than a G/C with hopes of playing RT.
Gmen4ev

Location: Founder and Chairman of the He-Man Oline Haters Club.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm a little mad ... Feel like we could have gotten him in the 2nd.

Maybe a few weeks into the season he can prove me wrong, I really hope so.

Can't spell Gen without Glen
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
You're acting like I said round 5. Will Beatty was a 2nd round pick and is now a franchise tackle. All I'm saying is I would of rathered a RT in the 2nd. Rather than a G/C with hopes of playing RT.

There is no Beatty in the 2nd round this year. Beatty was projected to go late 1st and fell because he was raw. And it took him a good amount of time to develop to what he is today. Pugh is going to be ready by next year, depending on what position they commit him to.

This is a deep cornerback class. Some good 2nd round LBs also. Much less deep at OL. We'll see who we get, but this is a good pick.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
I understand where your coming from, but to roll the dice and hope he can play RT when there were a lot of options just sitting there doesn't seem right. As far as G and C go I dont think those are huge needs right now.

Final Argument. That stat espn showed about the Giants 3trd down defense didn't change with this pick and that bothers me. Say what you want about Ogletree, he can play all 3 LB positions and he is a baller in coverage.

Ogletree is good, but I feel we can get a comparable talent in the 2nd. Also we don't value LBs highly.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Right now I'm a little mad ... Feel like we could have gotten him in the 2nd.

Maybe a few weeks into the season he can prove me wrong, I really hope so.

I guarantee that had no shot of happening. Kyle Long went in the very next pick. Pugh is better and more ready.

^Stone85 on the sig^
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pissed off with the 30th ranked defense we took a RT/G with short arms. How the hell was he the BPA with players like Arthur Brown and Sharrif Floyd still on the board. Those would be immediate impact and playmakers on defense. Is our team even any better, honestly? At least trade down or something. Reese must see something special in him... I'm just wondering what.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: