Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the #18 Overall Pick, 49ers Select S Eric Reid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Overall, I am pretty happy with Eric Reid. I remember reading on Walterfootball.com about how the 49ers were very interested in Reid and that they really wanted him. I fully believe that was Harbaugh's guy. I am a little shocked that we traded up for him but we didnt really give up a whole lot.

From what I hear about Reid is that he is a hard hitting great cover safety. He has poor tackling form and misses tackles but he still knows how to lay the wood. He seems very athletic and as long as he can learn quickly, he will be the starting FS.

I dont argue with draft selections anymore because the confidence of our coaching staff just cant be ignored. They are so confident they can make anyone good that i just roll with it. So far, I'd say they're doing a very good job at it.

Only one red flag thus far: AJ Jenkins, last year's 1st round pick. He has done nothing, thus far. Jury is still out on that pick.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/reid-im-very-fortunate-be-such-good-defense

love the attitude he's coming in with.
He seems like a really good kid, and somebody that will take working hard to heart. Interesting that we got our safety from LSU.. Would you guys guess that it makes us more or less likely to draft Mathieu?

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
Overall, I am pretty happy with Eric Reid. I remember reading on Walterfootball.com about how the 49ers were very interested in Reid and that they really wanted him. I fully believe that was Harbaugh's guy. I am a little shocked that we traded up for him but we didnt really give up a whole lot.

From what I hear about Reid is that he is a hard hitting great cover safety. He has poor tackling form and misses tackles but he still knows how to lay the wood. He seems very athletic and as long as he can learn quickly, he will be the starting FS.

I dont argue with draft selections anymore because the confidence of our coaching staff just cant be ignored. They are so confident they can make anyone good that i just roll with it. So far, I'd say they're doing a very good job at it.

Only one red flag thus far: AJ Jenkins, last year's 1st round pick. He has done nothing, thus far. Jury is still out on that pick.

Yeah, you're right. But the majority of the picks have been panning out so far. I think Jenkins will prove himself this year. But getting back to the point, I love the confidence in the coaching staff and I believe they are superior talent evaluators and can get the best out of players.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this from rotoworld

The 49ers believe No. 18 pick Eric Reid has the ability to be an "all-around safety."
"He can play high, he can play low, he's done a lot in the back half, and he's done a lot moving up into the box," GM Trent Baalke said. "We felt he inserted strong and played the type of ball that we wanted to see out of safety." CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco believes the Niners will be disappointed if Reid can't earn a starting job opposite Donte Whitner "decisively." Reid should have what it takes to beat out Craig Dahl.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/reid-im-very-fortunate-be-such-good-defense

He seems like a really good kid, and somebody that will take working hard to heart. Interesting that we got our safety from LSU.. Would you guys guess that it makes us more or less likely to draft Mathieu?

I stated earlier that Reid had his best season when playing with Mathieu, and with the edition of guys like Harvin and Austin to the NFC west he would be the perfect addition to counter those moves.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

GB is a petty good drafting team... and they disagree with you. Razz

They're a great drafting team.....except for DE here recently. Every GM has a position they don't quite guage properly. Baalke seems to have a hard time gauging WRs. Thompson seems to have problems gaguing 5-Techs. It is what it is.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

After all the trouble Honey Badger's had and all thos attempts to look like he's turned the page on that and moved on he invites the world to his personal draft party??? I'm guessing that stupidity cost him another round in the draft. Maybe somebody will find his talent too big to ignore, but at some point you gotta worry about taking a chance on a guy like that. In any case, the 49ers in particular seem to look for "good citizens" as well as talented players.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How crazy would it be if the 9ers come out of this draft with Reid and The Honey Badger?

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

After all the trouble Honey Badger's had and all thos attempts to look like he's turned the page on that and moved on he invites the world to his personal draft party??? I'm guessing that stupidity cost him another round in the draft. Maybe somebody will find his talent too big to ignore, but at some point you gotta worry about taking a chance on a guy like that. In any case, the 49ers in particular seem to look for "good citizens" as well as talented players.

This wouldn't even be an issue if he didn't have the previous trouble. Who cares that he had a draft party? Kaepernick had people and media at his house. I'm sure there have been plenty of players who weren't, or didn't get drafted in round one who had people at their place for their draft party. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'd have people over to my place to watch the draft even if I was evaluated in the 4th round range. You only get drafted once, I'd want to share it with my family and friends.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:

Na'Vorro Bowman dropped because of character issues, and Anthony Davis' character was considered questionable, as well. If the FO thinks Mathieu can improve the team more than whoever else is available, I doubt they would pass on him. I don't see us taking him in the 2nd, but if he's still there at the bottom of the third...well, stranger things have happened.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1507096-eric-reid-nfl-draft-2013-pro-player-comparisons

Eric Weddle? If so, love it..................................................

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press conference at 5:30 EST, I'm assuming we'll find out what number he is then

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SFaithful97 wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

This wouldn't even be an issue if he didn't have the previous trouble. Who cares that he had a draft party? Kaepernick had people and media at his house. I'm sure there have been plenty of players who weren't, or didn't get drafted in round one who had people at their place for their draft party. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'd have people over to my place to watch the draft even if I was evaluated in the 4th round range. You only get drafted once, I'd want to share it with my family and friends.

But he DID have the previous issues. And this wasn't a party of his friends. He tweeted an invitation to the world. Inn other words partyign is still on his mind. Without the other past events maybe no big deal, but this was stupid enough that someone finally talked him into cancelling the whole thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

The Niners fell in love with Jenkins last year and drafted him far higher than anyone else had him. If they really wanted him they could have had him a lot farther down in the draft. It makes me wonder about their objectivity when they focus on " their guy" They could be penny wise and pound foolish. Draft well in the later rounds but over pay when they really like and are focused on someone. Makes me sort of question if they needed to move up that much to get their first pick this year. Think they could have done much better on that deal. They better show a little more savey with their remaining capital for the rest of the draft. Perhaps their over-abundence of rich's has impelled them to be less careful and more willing to spend like drunken sailors.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Na'Vorro Bowman dropped because of character issues, and Anthony Davis' character was considered questionable, as well. If the FO thinks Mathieu can improve the team more than whoever else is available, I doubt they would pass on him. I don't see us taking him in the 2nd, but if he's still there at the bottom of the third...well, stranger things have happened.

There's a difference between a guy with "character issues" and a guy with drug problems so severe they'vve already adversely impacted his career. There's a whole lot more that goes into long teerm success than physical talent ... pr, we ccould sign Jamarcus as a backup QB for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: