Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans Saints, 15th Selection, Safety, Kenny Vaccaro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 17 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
So disappointed with this pick. More average safety play when a playmaker like Jones was sitting there.

Completely agree. We drafted another average player in the first. If you draft a safety in the first you better hope he is elite. This guy will not be special. I wish we would have just gotten an offensive player. We are going to continue to need to score 30a game to have a chance.

This was a need pick. No chance that he was BPA. THIS IS SULLIVAN OVER SUGGS ALL OVER AGAIN.

Where can I get the crystal balls you guys use?

Walmart. You have to get the two-for-one special though, because the first one doesn't always work Wink Did you not get the memo?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacarro is a cover safety, let me put it this way Saints fans. With a player LIKE Vacarro (Great safety in coverage, can man up on tight ends) we probably don't lose in the playoffs to SF and SEA. Do you guys remember those games? Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins essentially lost us both games with their inability to cover TEs in man coverage.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, stop using the players Baltimore and Pittsburgh drafted as reasoning as to why this is a bad pick, that's such stupid reasoning. Both teams have drafted defensive busts in recent years.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get somethig straight, first off Jenkins didn't even play vs Seattle on that playoff game and second, almost all the big plays against SF were by Harper. Did Jenkins get beat by Davis a couple times, yes, but it was mostly Harper getting dominated by Davis.

That being said I think this pushes Harper out the door and if Jenkins still can't play he won't be resigned.

Also my problem with the Vacarro pick is that I felt Jones was better and that we could've traded back a few spots and still got Vacarro or at worst Jones/Elam.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
wow_junky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no problem with IAQ and Harper as our starting safeties so I was disappointed to wake up and see we had drafted a S. I've warmed to the idea a bit now, although I don't think Vacarro will be the playmaker we need badly. Consistent tackling and coverage skills from Vacarro and IAQ and cap room from dumping Harper and Jenkins will be a big improvement to our secondary though.

What's everyone hoping for tonight? I'd like to see us daft LaVarr Edwards to play across from Jordan in the third and then an OT & OLB in the 4th/5th
thesolution

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the way I see it is Galette, Butler and Wilson get a vote of confidents from the coaching staff. I'm sick and tired of the Saints drafting or bringing guys in and not giving them a chance to play. It is how Seattle build they defense.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Let's get somethig straight, first off Jenkins didn't even play vs Seattle on that playoff game and second, almost all the big plays against SF were by Harper. Did Jenkins get beat by Davis a couple times, yes, but it was mostly Harper getting dominated by Davis.

That being said I think this pushes Harper out the door and if Jenkins still can't play he won't be resigned.

Also my problem with the Vacarro pick is that I felt Jones was better and that we could've traded back a few spots and still got Vacarro or at worst Jones/Elam.

How? Jones was picked 2 spots after us. Buffalo had no reason to move up one spot, and if the Steelers had they would have taken Jones anyway. If we had traded any further behind that, then the Niners would have taken Vacarro at 18

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 9 cat 125 yds 0 TD
S Rafael Bush 22 tak 0 INT 1 PD 1 FF
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

Lol hush child. I already went through the box score with Worm, Vernon Davis schooled Malcolm like a bully on the playground. If I remember correctly Vernon had like 100 yards and 1 TD on Malcolm. The only big play against roman was the TD on the goal line, you're suffering a little revisionist history Raves.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
thesolution

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:

Lol hush child. I already went through the box score with Worm, Vernon Davis schooled Malcolm like a bully on the playground. If I remember correctly Vernon had like 100 yards and 1 TD on Malcolm. The only big play against roman was the TD on the goal line, you're suffering a little revisionist history Raves.

What would you rather.. Get beat by a 6"3 250 specimen or get whip by a backup then his backup. Lmao Very Happy

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he pushes Harper out of the starting DB position, I'd love to see Harper used as a blitzer. It's what he's best at.

IAQ and Vacarro playing safety, Harper playing in the box getting into the back field on passing plays.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs
Corey White - 20 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? Getting beat is getting beat. Harper got beat like a drum in Seattle and Jenkins didn't fare much better in SF.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we really arguing about which of our safeties is worse?

We needed safety help in a big way, and we got someone who is considered the best safety in the draft by quite a few. We should be happy that we went defense with our first pick, not arguing about how much we suck.

And this is coming from probably the biggest Saints critic there is, I'm sure Harper41 will agree with that. Very Happy

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

We needed safety help in a big way, and we got someone who is considered the best safety in the draft by quite a few. We should be happy that we went defense with our first pick, not arguing about how much we suck.

And this is coming from probably the biggest Saints critic there is, I'm sure Harper41 will agree with that. Very Happy

No argument here, I'm shocked daily that you don't criticize Drew Brees for not being as good as Tom Brady Wink

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

No argument here, I'm shocked daily that you don't criticize Drew Brees for not being as good as Tom Brady Wink

I do... Brees is trash. He's only got us 1 Super Bowl. He'd be a backup on most teams. Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

2014 Adopt a Saint
thesolution

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:

Naa not at all. They both been trash with year's of film to prove it. It just in my opinion Vernon Davis would beat every safety in the league.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: