Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans Saints, 15th Selection, Safety, Kenny Vaccaro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 17 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
You guys are hating on Vacarro hard Laughing He's a great cover safety, he's a perfect fit for Ryans scheme.

This. PERFECT fit. RR will fall in love with kenny.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
krewebrees

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have more faith in IAQ than any of the other 3 safteies. The only way I'm okay with this pick is if Harper is traded, and Jenkins is cut/traded/benched. Quddus and Vaccaro sounds a lot better than Jenkins and Harper.

I can see the point of going saftey. We run nickel more than any thing else, Ryan's is 1/2 lineman. He have Hicks and Jordan for the most part, Bunkand Coleman rotation. Is see Galette Tez and Butler starting. Lofton 1 and 2 down and Hawthorne for 3. Maybe Vilma in a package or two. Between Robinson, Lewis, Greer, and White (I really think he's underrated) we have a good nickel even if there's an injury. IAQ at FS. That make the biggest need SS. I would have taken Elam or Cyprien.

Projected starting line up (assuming no other picks start)

DL: Hicks
DL: Jordan

WOLB: Galette
WILB: Tez
SILB: Lofton
SOLB: Butler

CB: Robinson
CB: Lewis
NCB: Greer
FS: IAQ
SS: Vaccaro

Even if this isn't the technical "starting" lineup. I believe it's the 11 that will be on the field the most.
Fray32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, alright lets not condemn this guy before he's even arrived in new orleans yet!

And like it or not, unless time travel has been invented we're all going to have to live with it, so lets stay positive and try to get behind this. The way I see it, this move proves that the coaches have recognized the awful safety situation we have, and I think they are tired of seeing #41 and #27 as much as we are.

Hell, we're that much better even just without #41 on the field, but I'm hoping Jenkins' play time sees a huge dip as well.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing y'all didn't get Jarvis lol

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've preferred Jarvis, but like the pick anyways. I said it a few days ago, I'm happy with Vacarro at 15.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 18 receptions, 164 yards, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards
Corey White - 16 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted Jarvis.. Had a feeling this would happen. I was pissed at first, but after hearing Vaccaro's comments I'm excited.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
So disappointed with this pick. More average safety play when a playmaker like Jones was sitting there.

Completely agree. We drafted another average player in the first. If you draft a safety in the first you better hope he is elite. This guy will not be special. I wish we would have just gotten an offensive player. We are going to continue to need to score 30a game to have a chance.

This was a need pick. No chance that he was BPA. THIS IS SULLIVAN OVER SUGGS ALL OVER AGAIN.

Where can I get the crystal balls you guys use?

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Well lately the Texas been having a good track record of safeties being drafted in the first. So hope he prove most of u guys wrong. We need a playmaker on the backend and Payton think he could. So we gone see.

All we hear on this board are complaints about Harper and Jenkins. So we draft a new safety and the first thing we hear is complaints. There is no pleasing some people. I love how Vaccaro is already "average" and "mediocre" and how the Saints need to upgrade the scouts we have. I'm sure the scouts we need are right here on this board. Tons of NFL scout potential in here Laughing

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Saints25-12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
And Pittsburgh selects Jarvis Jones... that alone tells me who we should've drafted... Pittsburgh just knows defense, especially the 3-4.

Saw Steelers were keen on either Vaccaro or Jones. We took one they took the other. So if they know defense and wanted him surely cant be that bad of a pick.

There was a reason Floyd fell so far and i think you can see from the offseason so far we are putting emphasis on improving the secondary which we have. Vaccaro fits what Ryan wants to do on defense and Harper doesnt. Expect there is a good chance he is traded

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our day one starters will be IAQ and Vaccaro and we'll be very happy with it. I would keep Jenkins as a backup, so we can use Vaccaro on those tight ends that killed us the past years and play Jenkins and IAQ deep. Vaccaro is a perfect pick, only Star would be as good as him.
According to sources, the Saints had Vaccaro rated much higher than Jarvis Jones.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
thesolution wrote:
Well lately the Texas been having a good track record of safeties being drafted in the first. So hope he prove most of u guys wrong. We need a playmaker on the backend and Payton think he could. So we gone see.

All we hear on this board are complaints about Harper and Jenkins. So we draft a new safety and the first thing we hear is complaints. There is no pleasing some people. I love how Vaccaro is already "average" and "mediocre" and how the Saints need to upgrade the scouts we have. I'm sure the scouts we need are right here on this board. Tons of NFL scout potential in here Laughing

This. All anyone complains about is safety play, we get a safety everyone complains.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
taquarih

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man.... This is a need pick. Also, its a definite upgrade for our Safety position.

However, Jones and Elam both went to the Steelers and Ravens which confirms my thoughts of them being steals in the draft.(from 15 and back)

Those 2 teams know defensive studs.

And the Fact remains that our front office seems incapable of recognizing what makes a defensive player a potential BEAST Twisted Evil

Also, I went to check out Malcolm Jenkins college highlights. He was a beast at Ohio State. It made me wonder... where in the hell did his hands go!?!? heres the link http://youtu.be/s82SCXjRgoY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taquarih wrote:
man.... This is a need pick. Also, its a definite upgrade for our Safety position.

However, Jones and Elam both went to the Steelers and Ravens which confirms my thoughts of them being steals in the draft.(from 15 and back)

Those 2 teams know defensive studs.

And the Fact remains that our front office seems incapable of recognizing what makes a defensive player a potential BEAST Twisted Evil

Also, I went to check out Malcolm Jenkins college highlights. He was a beast at Ohio State. It made me wonder... where in the hell did his hands go!?!? heres the link http://youtu.be/s82SCXjRgoY

Your avatar is still to big Cool Laughing
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taquarih wrote:

I honestly think Jenkins was a victim of scheme change. His first year at S he looked pretty good. But there was some subtle changes made to the coverages we played in 2011. I don't know what GW did with his defense, but it was obvious that the Safety play was different. Harper and Jenkins both were not frequently in the same positions we saw them in in years prior. And last season Spags system was a complete waste with our players. I think Jenkins still has a chance to redeem himself, I still think he can improve. Harper, as much as I like him, is what he is (a hard hitter with limited to no coverage skills). And I feel Vaccaro is a Saint now so we can replace him. I would not be shocked to see Harper traded in the draft.

Gator_Saint28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hate on Vaccaro?

He locked down Tavon Austin when they played WVU last year. He's a cover safety which is what you need in this league this day and age.

We'll make due with Butler and Wilson coming off the edge for right now.

nico002 wrote:
Leading the league in interceptions doesn't mean jack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: