You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Orleans Saints, 15th Selection, Safety, Kenny Vaccaro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 17 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could Jenkins be moving back to corner???

WHODAT91FOREVER
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Good lord I hope not. Terrible hands, stiff hips...ew.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't RR run A LOT of one safety sets.. I mean A LOT? Like 90% of the time? This could be a creative way to get rid of both Jenkins and Harper, and allow IAQ to be the 2nd safety when we need it?

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

I'm not sure what's going to happen. A month or two back, we were rumored to value guys like Harper, and then we go and select a S.

With Harper, Jenkins, IAQ, and Vaccaro, it's getting pretty crowded and expensive back there. That's not even considering the camp fodder like Leonhard(sp?).

At CB we got Lewis, Greer, Robinson and White.

For a secondary that torched, it's mighty expensive.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So disappointed with this pick. More average safety play when a playmaker like Jones was sitting there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
So disappointed with this pick. More average safety play when a playmaker like Jones was sitting there.

Completely agree. We drafted another average player in the first. If you draft a safety in the first you better hope he is elite. This guy will not be special. I wish we would have just gotten an offensive player. We are going to continue to need to score 30a game to have a chance.

This was a need pick. No chance that he was BPA. THIS IS SULLIVAN OVER SUGGS ALL OVER AGAIN.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I like it. I mean, RR has tons of confidence in Butler, Galette, and Wilson. So we don't really need an OLB if you take that into consideration, our CBs are stacked, but I'd had preferred Star... stupid Jets had to take Richardson which made Carolina take Star.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Meh, I like it. I mean, RR has tons of confidence in Butler, Galette, and Wilson. So we don't really need an OLB if you take that into consideration, our CBs are stacked, but I'd had preferred Star... stupid Jets had to take Richardson which made Carolina take Star.

Saints don't need a rush LB?!? Have you seen the Saints pass rush? It's almost non-existant! In my opinion Vacarro isn't even a significant upgrade over the safeties on the roster.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Saints don't need a rush LB?!? Have you seen the Saints pass rush? It's almost non-existant! In my opinion Vacarro isn't even a significant upgrade over the safeties on the roster.

I never said that... I wanted Jarvis Jones I bet more than all of you. I have wanted him since half way through the college season, don't shoot the messenger. I was just reporting what RR said.. not me..

EDIT: And if you think Vaccaro isn't a major upgrade over MALCOLM JENKINS or ROMAN HARPER!? Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

Last edited by Spartica4Real on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Grrr double post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I never said that... I wanted Jarvis Jones I bet more than all of you. I have wanted him since half way through the college season, don't shoot the messenger. I was just reporting what RR said.. not me..

EDIT: And if you think Vaccaro isn't a major upgrade over MALCOLM JENKINS or ROMAN HARPER!? Laughing

I don't. Apparently we are now striving for average players to replace horrible players.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I don't. Apparently we are now striving for average players to replace horrible players.

Okay then, you continue to think Vaccaro isn't much of an upgrade over 2 of the 3 worst safeties last year.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

MAJOR upgrade? No. I think he's better, but it's not going to be huge. Vacarro is a solid guy and that's it. Saints already have a bunch of those. They needed a difference maker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lately the Texas been having a good track record of safeties being drafted in the first. So hope he prove most of u guys wrong. We need a playmaker on the backend and Payton think he could. So we gone see.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are hating on Vacarro hard Laughing He's a great cover safety, he's a perfect fit for Ryans scheme.
[quote="Texansfan713"]Go Pelicans![/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: