Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama, 1st Round(10th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Titan89


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 1383
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This to me was a great example of a pick that made too much sense not to happen. Laughing

I am thrilled with this pick, he is the perfect player to dominate at RG for us for years to come. Our O line is now a big strength of the team and should be able to pave running lanes for CJ and Greene and keep Jake Locker standing untouched a lot more.

You got to win in the trenches and with Warmack on this O line it looks to be one of the best lines in the league now. I would argue top 5. I think Warmack is a shoe in as a Pro Bowler for many years to come for us.

Very excited and the excuse time is over for CJ and Locker now. They will have a great O line in front to give them what they need to succeed. Very Happy
_________________
My 2014-2015 Tennessee Titans Adopt-a-Titan Picks:

1) OLB Kamerion Wimbley
2) T Michael Oher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coleman51


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 2774
Location: Hendersonville, TN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
A trivial question here...is the belly out a jersey violation in the NFL? Seems like something they wouldn't like.


Yes unfortunately.


But not in practice haha

It's a good thing it is a uni violation, because defenders wouldn't like it. If he ended up at the bottom of the pile there would be much brutality going on (as if there isn't already)
_________________

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."


RIP Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2985
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
If (and I'm not saying he WILL, but IF) Locker fails, at least we have an offensive line already built for another quarterback to step into.


That is pretty key... I'm of the belief that if Locker doesn't prove it this year then it's game over (for him and likely the staff as well). Having a solid o-line is crucial for any new QB or staff, as that's the fundamental building block. Just hope we can get it together this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38027
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
If (and I'm not saying he WILL, but IF) Locker fails, at least we have an offensive line already built for another quarterback to step into.


That is pretty key... I'm of the belief that if Locker doesn't prove it this year then it's game over (for him and likely the staff as well). Having a solid o-line is crucial for any new QB or staff, as that's the fundamental building block. Just hope we can get it together this year.


Absolutely.

Locker has this season. If he fails, we move on from him.

Depending on how the team as a whole performs will determine the coaching staff's fate (I.E. Locker sucks, but ground game + defense carry us to winning record, playoffs, etc.)
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10586
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I dislike taking an OG in the 1st, I do think Warmack is a good player. Once I heard his interview on the radio a couple weeks back, I knew he would be the pick if he was there..

He just was glowing through the radio about the staff and hopes for playing for the Titans.

It is refreshing to see a player actually want to be here. He can be part of changing the culture and making the Titans a destination of desire for players.


Oh..And...
Cj has NO. NONE, NADA excuses this year. None of his heavy defenders better say a word about the offensive line holding him back...lol

It's all on him. Stop his dancing and make a cut. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3898
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
As much as I dislike taking an OG in the 1st, I do think Warmack is a good player. Once I heard his interview on the radio a couple weeks back, I knew he would be the pick if he was there..

He just was glowing through the radio about the staff and hopes for playing for the Titans.

It is refreshing to see a player actually want to be here. He can be part of changing the culture and making the Titans a destination of desire for players.


Oh..And...
Cj has NO. NONE, NADA excuses this year. None of his heavy defenders better say a word about the offensive line holding him back...lol

It's all on him. Stop his dancing and make a cut. Smile


Regardless how he performs this year, I feel CJ will have to take a contract restructure after the season. That is another reason Ruston signed Green was to have leverage in restructure talks in 2014. CJ knows it thats why he made a stink about signing Green, along with the fact Green will take some of his touches this year. The only way he doesn't restructure is if he leads the league in rushing or goes over 2000 again.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 951
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan 10 Jake Locker YDS-266 TD-2 INT-0

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3950
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.


Jake Locker was at 7 touchdowns, 4 interceptions prior to Hutch and Stewart's injuries. And CJ was obviously doing a lot better over middle of the season with the healthy o-line.

Safe to say the o-line's injuries were one of, if not the biggest reason for Jake's decline?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25071
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.


Jake Locker was at 7 touchdowns, 4 interceptions prior to Hutch and Stewart's injuries. And CJ was obviously doing a lot better over middle of the season with the healthy o-line.

Safe to say the o-line's injuries were one of, if not the biggest reason for Jake's decline?


It was a combination of things such as the injury, WRs were horrible, and O-Line falling apart.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheMonarch1110


Joined: 09 Mar 2013
Posts: 152
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone catch CJ's tweet after the pick was made?

PRICELESS.

Love this pick soooo much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5399
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not hear to bash Tennessee fans or players or the team I am hear to simply say Chance Warmack and Andy Levitre just put Chris Johnson in a put up or shut up year. I don't like his attitude or how he handled his contract situation. I thought from the start Tennessee overpaid and now how Johnson has handled not doing great is as immature as it gets.

I am sure a lot of Tennessee fans agree with me anyway. I just wanted to get it out that I am very happy Chris Johnson is now in this position. Just cannot stand when guys act all entitled like him and them blame everyone else when things go wrong.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5399
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.


Jake Locker was at 7 touchdowns, 4 interceptions prior to Hutch and Stewart's injuries. And CJ was obviously doing a lot better over middle of the season with the healthy o-line.

Safe to say the o-line's injuries were one of, if not the biggest reason for Jake's decline?


It was a combination of things such as the injury, WRs were horrible, and O-Line falling apart.


Hey guy! My favorite Titans fan ever!

For as much grief as you gave me over Dion Jordan I just wanted to let you know he went 3rd overall and a team gave up a 2nd to move up and get him. If that doesn't say something I don't know what does.

I also just wanted to let you know after all the comments you made toward me telling me Star Lotulelei was a better pick/player than Sheldon Richardson that Richardson did infact go before Star and was the 1st DT taken.

Obviously a lot can happen in the NFL and both Dion and Sheldon may bust hard. I'm just saying I have a huge early lead Wink

No hard feelings though. Honestly it would be a pretty boring place if we all saw things exactly the same and I have been on the wrong end of debates too.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25071
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Quote:
Well, consider that things really started to go downhill for the line in the 12th game of 2012, when both Stewart and guard Steve Hutchinson suffered season-ending injuries early in the same contest.

Over those last five games, running back Chris Johnson was held under 60 yards four times, while quarterback Jake Locker threw three touchdowns, seven interceptions and was sacked 20 times.


Jake Locker was at 7 touchdowns, 4 interceptions prior to Hutch and Stewart's injuries. And CJ was obviously doing a lot better over middle of the season with the healthy o-line.

Safe to say the o-line's injuries were one of, if not the biggest reason for Jake's decline?


It was a combination of things such as the injury, WRs were horrible, and O-Line falling apart.


Hey guy! My favorite Titans fan ever!

For as much grief as you gave me over Dion Jordan I just wanted to let you know he went 3rd overall and a team gave up a 2nd to move up and get him. If that doesn't say something I don't know what does.

I also just wanted to let you know after all the comments you made toward me telling me Star Lotulelei was a better pick/player than Sheldon Richardson that Richardson did infact go before Star and was the 1st DT taken.

Obviously a lot can happen in the NFL and both Dion and Sheldon may bust hard. I'm just saying I have a huge early lead Wink

No hard feelings though. Honestly it would be a pretty boring place if we all saw things exactly the same and I have been on the wrong end of debates too.


Richardson did go before Star but I was high on Richardson as well. I wanted Richardson if Star was gone. I expected Jordan to go high but in drafts such as last year, he wouldn't of even been a top 10 pick Wink
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3898
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans plan to introduce Chance Warmack at a 4 p.m. CT press conference today at Baptist Sports Park #tntitans


Quote:
@jwyattsports
It's going to be fun watching the 325-pound Chance Warmack bang heads with 330-pound DT Sammie Hill in training camp #tntitans

Shocked Laughing
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25071
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports
The #Titans plan to introduce Chance Warmack at a 4 p.m. CT press conference today at Baptist Sports Park #tntitans


CAN'T WAIT!!!
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group