Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1(9) - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 496
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Wilson sucks. He is a nickel back at best. We lost a major part of our defense. I am thrilled with this pick. He might not be Revis but he can develop into a Top 5 CB.

All the major pass rushers were taken by time the 9th pick was up. Ansah, Mingo and Jordan all gone before pick nine just because no team would bite on Geno Smith. That started the run on pass rushers. Miliner was the best pick available. Can never do to bad with the best pick available.
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32626
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16289
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.



Yeah, unless Cro redoes his deal next offseason he will count like 12 or 14 mil against the cap I think. Holmes will count like 10 or 12, so he is probably gone too, as will Sanchez. We will have close to 50 mil in cap room if we cut those 3 players next year.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16289
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Anyone wanna see Milliner get #24 Laughing




Well he can't have 28.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4296
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32626
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4296
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16289
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile



I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8471
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile



I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.


I don't see him at safety either but under Rex his tackling has really improved and he's turned into quite the physical corner. I think his tackling problem is a bit overstated now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harris Smith


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1489
Location: Totowa, NJ
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Whatever people want to say, Milliner definetly is an asset. I would have preferred to keep Revis given the return, but it is what is. He's not a replacement for Revis- Cromartie fills that role at the moment. But can anyone imagine what this Jets secondary would look like if Cromartie was ever injured? Milliner's a nice complimentary player for now, who may develop into the Jets top CB.

Cromartie is a freakish sized player that relies on his athleticism. These type of guys are the ones who are most likely to crash and burn as they enter their thirties. Top of the line CB's are obviously important in the defensive schemes Rex has used in his time with the Jets, so it was a pretty big deal to land this type of player for the success of the defense now and in the future.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16289
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile



I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.


I don't see him at safety either but under Rex his tackling has really improved and he's turned into quite the physical corner. I think his tackling problem is a bit overstated now.



He did improve this year, but still not good enough for where I would want a safety to be.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8471
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile



I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.


I don't see him at safety either but under Rex his tackling has really improved and he's turned into quite the physical corner. I think his tackling problem is a bit overstated now.



He did improve this year, but still not good enough for where I would want a safety to be.


I think that's probably fair. I think Cro just ends up getting a little underrated. He's just not good he's elite. Our defense is shaping up to look pretty awesome next year. (Other than the hole we have at linebacker)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3935
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.


So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.


Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.


Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile



I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.


I don't see him at safety either but under Rex his tackling has really improved and he's turned into quite the physical corner. I think his tackling problem is a bit overstated now.


So would you say Cro has 99 problems but tackling ain't 1? And don't say something about him having 99 kids and not knowing any of their names.

Seriously though, Cro has worked out very well for us. He's been a great teammate, and fun to watch (and he even correctly identified Brady as an [inappropriate/removed]).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32626
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cro is not a bad tackler. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16289
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Cro is not a bad tackler. Rolling Eyes



He's not good enough to be moved to safety, nor why would he want to be moved to safety. They make less than CBs.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group