Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1(9) - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilahchris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Wilson sucks. He is a nickel back at best. We lost a major part of our defense. I am thrilled with this pick. He might not be Revis but he can develop into a Top 5 CB.

All the major pass rushers were taken by time the 9th pick was up. Ansah, Mingo and Jordan all gone before pick nine just because no team would bite on Geno Smith. That started the run on pass rushers. Miliner was the best pick available. Can never do to bad with the best pick available.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Looking at it again. Cromartie might not be a Jet for more than 2 years. Milliner was BPA and good for down the road.

Still don't agree with the pick because of Warmack but it's not as terrible as it sounds. Dude can play at least.

Yeah, unless Cro redoes his deal next offseason he will count like 12 or 14 mil against the cap I think. Holmes will count like 10 or 12, so he is probably gone too, as will Sanchez. We will have close to 50 mil in cap room if we cut those 3 players next year.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Anyone wanna see Milliner get #24 Laughing

Well he can't have 28.

Malik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

So in two years we're going to be getting rid of another Pro Bowl/All-Pro corner? Awesome. Totally makes me feel better.

Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Or he pulls a Woodson and goes to Safety. In 2 years he might not be worth his contract and decline. Just saying.

Both of those suggestions make me feel much better. Sincerely. Smile
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.

Imarobot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I can't see him at safety, due to his tackling. Plus he will be on wrong side of 30 soon. We will probably try to redo his deal after this season or just go ahead and cut or trade him.

I don't see him at safety either but under Rex his tackling has really improved and he's turned into quite the physical corner. I think his tackling problem is a bit overstated now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Whatever people want to say, Milliner definetly is an asset. I would have preferred to keep Revis given the return, but it is what is. He's not a replacement for Revis- Cromartie fills that role at the moment. But can anyone imagine what this Jets secondary would look like if Cromartie was ever injured? Milliner's a nice complimentary player for now, who may develop into the Jets top CB.

Cromartie is a freakish sized player that relies on his athleticism. These type of guys are the ones who are most likely to crash and burn as they enter their thirties. Top of the line CB's are obviously important in the defensive schemes Rex has used in his time with the Jets, so it was a pretty big deal to land this type of player for the success of the defense now and in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

I don't see him at safety either but under Rex his tackling has really improved and he's turned into quite the physical corner. I think his tackling problem is a bit overstated now.

He did improve this year, but still not good enough for where I would want a safety to be.

Imarobot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

He did improve this year, but still not good enough for where I would want a safety to be.

I think that's probably fair. I think Cro just ends up getting a little underrated. He's just not good he's elite. Our defense is shaping up to look pretty awesome next year. (Other than the hole we have at linebacker)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Malik wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

So would you say Cro has 99 problems but tackling ain't 1? And don't say something about him having 99 kids and not knowing any of their names.

Seriously though, Cro has worked out very well for us. He's been a great teammate, and fun to watch (and he even correctly identified Brady as an [inappropriate/removed]).
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cro is not a bad tackler. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Cro is not a bad tackler. Rolling Eyes

He's not good enough to be moved to safety, nor why would he want to be moved to safety. They make less than CBs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: