Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the Lions find the Ansah to their DE woes at #5!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Did anyone hear his presser? I have heard a million times we are talking about football players here, not choir boys.....in this case I think we are talking about both....

This dude was crazy clean. It really makes me wonder if image is a big part of why they took this guy. I mean, I don't know if Suh and Ansah will be able to co-habitate on the same line. If it weren't for Reggie White, I would want to call this guy the Minister....

I didn't. Do you have a link to the video of the presser or a link to the transcript?

No. They just played it live on the radio. I assume it will pop up on Lions website. If someone gets the link, I would appreciate a share. Hard to understand, like to listen again
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video link to the Herman Moore interview if Ziggy is on this page.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Ziggy-Ansahs-journey-from-BYU-walk-on-to-starter-is-an-
interesting-story-in-its-own-right/47139a75-c515-4c56-874c-955aa8866c16
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am wrong would love for our team to have one of the best front 4 with this pick maybe we just need to sit back and see what happens with him this season time will tell !

Lets take a wait and see attitude now being a Lion fan hope for the best!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
kgreene06

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it. While he can be great just going off measurables, more often than not...these guys bust out(Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, etc.). Couple that with the fact that he was a non factor against some pretty bad teams, I could have done with Mingo or Cooper at this spot.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BYU fan and a Viking fan here! I am excited for you guys! I am not being biased as a BYU fan to tell you that you got a beast! He just improved more and more each year! And the difference between him and Maybin and Gholston is that he is hard working kid! He has had to work his butt off to get where he is and has shown that he is willing to do what it takes to be successful! He will be fun to watch!
YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick. Not a huge fan of him but if he can be what he is supposed to be a line of Suh/Fairley/Ansah is going to do wonders for us. Especially with an improved secondary.

If Slay works out we will have a pretty solid all around D.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see him get some coaching. I think he's gonna be a monster. He got all kinds of speed and awerness. Think we could get real creative on the dl if we wsnted too.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:

Let's hope I'm wrong and he learns how to play the game. Mayhew/Schwartz job depend on it.

Although that may be why some of you wanted him. Laughing

LOL, yeah right, the Lions kept Matt Freaking Millen for 7 years (Had to google it because it felt more like 20, SMH) despite the fact that he was the worst GM in NFL history, and you actually think they would dump Mayhew after he took the team to the only Playoff appearance in 20 years? Never gonna happen. I don't love Mayhew but I'm not going to bother thinking about him being gone, because he is going to be here for a LONG, LONG time.
Chups

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Let's hope I'm wrong and he learns how to play the game. Mayhew/Schwartz job depend on it.

LOL, yeah right, the Lions kept Matt Freaking Millen for 7 years (Had to google it because it felt more like 20, SMH) despite the fact that he was the worst GM in NFL history, and you actually think they would dump Mayhew after he took the team to the only Playoff appearance in 20 years? Never gonna happen. I don't love Mayhew but I'm not going to bother thinking about him being gone, because he is going to be here for a LONG, LONG time.

I don't think Ford Jr. has the same patience that his father had. We can expect changes will come hastily if Detroit doesn't show major improvements next season.
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgreene06 wrote:
I hate it. While he can be great just going off measurables, more often than not...these guys bust out(Aaron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, etc.). Couple that with the fact that he was a non factor against some pretty bad teams, I could have done with Mingo or Cooper at this spot.

I'm not sure how can say Ansah has bust potential but Mingo doesn't?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

I don't think Ford Jr. has the same patience that his father had. We can expect changes will come hastily if Detroit doesn't show major improvements next season.

Exactly. Two risky picks for guys with hot seat

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Chups

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Chups wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Exactly. Two risky picks for guys with hot seat

I actually respect how they drafted with their jobs on the line. They aren't holding back from their roots.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:

Maybe, I'm not buying it, but maybe. Still don't think these guys are on the hot seat considering they're a year removed from taking the team to the Playoffs for the first time in 20 years.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

Maybe, I'm not buying it, but maybe. Still don't think these guys are on the hot seat considering they're a year removed from taking the team to the Playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

I agree. I think they at least get this year unless it is REALLY epic bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: