Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the Lions find the Ansah to their DE woes at #5!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LION KING

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
LION KING wrote:
The kid has bust written all over him don't like the pick at all!

Does the kid have a great motor yeah most athlete ends do have a motor its what makes them special but does he have football instants after 9 games seriously how can anyone judge him on that skill level.

I think this pick is the riskiest pick of the whole draft that's the scary part the Lions don't need any help making bad picks clearly going to regret not picking Milliner yet again were going to have to watch a STAR play elsewhere because were not picking for our own team.

Detroit good luck with this pick you'll need it I don't trust it at all if it works out and he turns into a great player count your lucky stars because it could easily been a bust as well!

Footnote I didn't see any fire in this guys eyes either during interview I wonder how much heart he really has in playing football once he gets his money not something I feel great about him really want a player that screams I can't wait too put on my pads and crush the other teams quarterback every play!!

I just don't see it, hope I am wrong but Lions have a terrible track record with risky picks!

You're not very good at reading character.

I know all the experts said this kid could be great or a bust done in 2 years he was the only player they said that about in the top 10 picks!

I don't know about you but the Lions have way too many bust and why take the risk at 5 with a questionable player with limited playing 9 games seriously 9 games with the best defensive player in Milliner still available and a major need for us!

No offense but it was a stupid pick way too much risk but its the Lions!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !

Last edited by LION KING on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i.imgur.com/nY7tA04.jpg

Ziggy sees the world in 3D.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
LION KING wrote:

Does the kid have a great motor yeah most athlete ends do have a motor its what makes them special but does he have football instants after 9 games seriously how can anyone judge him on that skill level.

I think this pick is the riskiest pick of the whole draft that's the scary part the Lions don't need any help making bad picks clearly going to regret not picking Milliner yet again were going to have to watch a STAR play elsewhere because were not picking for our own team.

Detroit good luck with this pick you'll need it I don't trust it at all if it works out and he turns into a great player count your lucky stars because it could easily been a bust as well!

Footnote I didn't see any fire in this guys eyes either during interview I wonder how much heart he really has in playing football once he gets his money not something I feel great about him really want a player that screams I can't wait too put on my pads and crush the other teams quarterback every play!!

I just don't see it, hope I am wrong but Lions have a terrible track record with risky picks!

I know all the experts said this kid could be great or a bust done in 2 years he was the only player they said that about in the top 10 picks!

I don't know about you but the Lions have way too many bust and why take the risk at 5 with a questionable player with limited playing 9 games seriously 9 games with the best defensive player in Milliner still available and a major need for us!

I agree. The Lions have no problem accepting risk and unfortunately a team that is as bad as they are should be mitigating risk.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Myth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Ziggy can help them with the risk assessment ... using that college degree for something Wink
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:

As could any player drafted, ever...
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
asylum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually surprised they did not go Tavon Auston when the Eagles took the last 1st round tackle. Wee have have given one too many shots to players that come into the league with injury issues, so skipping Dee Millner was q good millove. We really needed some quality DE's.

If they can grab Armstid I think that would be huge and will leave the team free to "BPA roster fill". Terron its the only player that sold me with their combine performance. A strong tackle with that speed would be a beast on screen plays.

Francis Bacon
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldve liked the Lions to draft Warmack at 5 and pick up a DE in round 2. I dont see that much of a drop off in talent from the DEs that went in round 1 to those that are still available in round 2.

however, the drop off in talent from Warmack/Cooper to the players left on the OL in round 2 is greater. We have to replace LT, RG and RT, yet we've done nothing except say that the backups will be able to step in. Keep in mind these backups have serious question marks. Fox cant stay healthy, Nagy has been injured frequently, and Raiola has been on his last leg for quite some time.

I'm no GM, and dont claim to be...but I think the way to go was to draft Warmack to help solidify the OL and look at DE in round 2. cset la vie.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to see Jonathan Cooper in a Lions uniform, but Ansah does meet BPA and biggest need. It's just hard to take such a high risk talent so early. I think Mike Mayock said it best, "he could be one of the best defenders in the league in three years or on the streets." But, from the sounds of it, he won't be on the streets because of his lack of work ethic.

Here's a good YouTube video that his fellow BYU alumni made for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGPqYaNS0U
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
LION KING wrote:

There's been plenty of guys that have been hyped up as " Safe" and "Can't Miss" picks that have busted too.

Only time will tell whether or not it was a good pick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still giddy over this pick

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone hear his presser? I have heard a million times we are talking about football players here, not choir boys.....in this case I think we are talking about both....

This dude was crazy clean. It really makes me wonder if image is a big part of why they took this guy. I mean, I don't know if Suh and Ansah will be able to co-habitate on the same line. If it weren't for Reggie White, I would want to call this guy the Minister....
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I'm still giddy over this pick

Me too.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely P.O.'d. Bust is written all over this kid and with our coaches track record on developing talent. He's almost surely to bust now. Prolly wont' be able to stay on sides. Laughing

We drafted a workout warrior not a football player. Great dude jumps high, lifts a lot, moves quick but can he play football? NOT.... Really... IMO.

It's alright though, pretty confident now that this staff will/should be fired next season and hopefully Bill Polian and crew come in or something great like that. Completely agree with Lion King. Stupid pick.

Hopefully I'm just wrong, I'd really like that. I'd love to see him pop 60tackles, 15tfl, 10sacks his first year or anywhere even near that but if your asking I'm just really not confident in the pick at all and think he'll be bad to just an average player that's definitely not worth 5.

Last edited by Jrugges on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
asylum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Womack. My hope was that they would trade back and grab Womack and an extra pick. Then in 2nd grab Armstid and a DE in the 2nd. Corner in 3rd.. But none of that happened.

Not mad about it but I think the could have done more. Oh, Rief was a 1st round LT last year to take over when Backus left. So we have to addresses The right side of our O-line. I still want Armstid at the right tackle spot though. [spelling is bad, and I know. So skip past the obvious spelling comments and say what you want to say]

Francis Bacon
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Did anyone hear his presser? I have heard a million times we are talking about football players here, not choir boys.....in this case I think we are talking about both....

This dude was crazy clean. It really makes me wonder if image is a big part of why they took this guy. I mean, I don't know if Suh and Ansah will be able to co-habitate on the same line. If it weren't for Reggie White, I would want to call this guy the Minister....

I didn't. Do you have a link to the video of the presser or a link to the transcript?

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: