Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the Lions find the Ansah to their DE woes at #5!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
RIP CITY wrote:
Chups wrote:

I don't think Ford Jr. has the same patience that his father had. We can expect changes will come hastily if Detroit doesn't show major improvements next season.

Maybe, I'm not buying it, but maybe. Still don't think these guys are on the hot seat considering they're a year removed from taking the team to the Playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

I agree. I think they at least get this year unless it is REALLY epic bad.

Plus, they're really only just now getting to the point where this roster is filled with players that they brought in and they still haven't had a chance to fill all the holes they inherited. They haven't fielded a team that is even close to completed or close to what their vision for the team really is. Now, they are getting really close to that point now, so to me, the next 2-3 seasons are where they should be really, truly be evaluated as a GM and a Coach. Because now this is getting close to being their baby, most of the players are now guys they brought in and it's up to them to get it done. It was kind of like a College program, where they were working with the last guy's recruits, now they have their recruits in place and they need to show that they knew what they were doing when they brought these players in.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:
I wanted to see Jonathan Cooper in a Lions uniform, but Ansah does meet BPA and biggest need. It's just hard to take such a high risk talent so early. I think Mike Mayock said it best, "he could be one of the best defenders in the league in three years or on the streets." But, from the sounds of it, he won't be on the streets because of his lack of work ethic.

Here's a good YouTube video that his fellow BYU alumni made for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGPqYaNS0U
Inspiring. Great video. He's got my interest in him not only as a player, but as a person as well. I'm rooting for the guy, awesome story.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
He's got my interest in him not only as a player, but as a person as well. I'm rooting for the guy, awesome story.

Me too. Considering changing my sig when I decide to put it back. Ziggy may be be my new one.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
He's got my interest in him not only as a player, but as a person as well. I'm rooting for the guy, awesome story.

Me too. Considering changing my sig when I decide to put it back. Ziggy may be be my new one.
join the club Cool

Seriously though, get kempes to do your sig, he does great work and does it fast too.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
get kempes to do your sig, he does great work and does it fast too.

I am sure he appreciates the shout out, but I have a guy that is a friend IRL. He is often busy and it could take awhile. But I love his work and he makes changes without getting defensive.

Besides, I have good reason for stripping myself of sigs and such and a few extra days wouldn't hurt Wink
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Ansah's mother, in from Africa, hoped he would be drafted by Utah's NFL team

Quote:
Ansah’s mother, Elizabeth Cole, traveled from Ghana to New York for the draft Wednesday and, understandably, had little grasp of what she and her son were about to experience.

“His mom, the entire experience, you could tell was just completely overwhelming to her,” BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said in a teleconference with reporters today. “She did grasp enough to understand that being surrounded by people that he could trust was going to be paramount, but she has no idea. As I was trying to explain the draft and how many teams there were, she even asked at one point, ‘Can he be drafted by the team in Utah?’

Quote:
“I explained we don’t have a professional team in Utah, and she started to ask why. Just her understanding of the NFL, the opportunities, and then what is going to be at stake and what the lifestyle is like and the opportunities that he’s going to have, none of us, myself included, have a complete grasp of yet, but especially when they’re further removed.”

Quote:
“I know this is fairly new for her, and it’s a lot for her, but what I can say to you is that she’s really proud of me,” he said. “I’m just happy to have come this far. This journey just begun, right?”
Laughing
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Ziggy Ansah's mother, in from Africa, hoped he would be drafted by Utah's NFL team

Quote:
Ansah’s mother, Elizabeth Cole, traveled from Ghana to New York for the draft Wednesday and, understandably, had little grasp of what she and her son were about to experience.

“His mom, the entire experience, you could tell was just completely overwhelming to her,” BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said in a teleconference with reporters today. “She did grasp enough to understand that being surrounded by people that he could trust was going to be paramount, but she has no idea. As I was trying to explain the draft and how many teams there were, she even asked at one point, ‘Can he be drafted by the team in Utah?’

Quote:
“I explained we don’t have a professional team in Utah, and she started to ask why. Just her understanding of the NFL, the opportunities, and then what is going to be at stake and what the lifestyle is like and the opportunities that he’s going to have, none of us, myself included, have a complete grasp of yet, but especially when they’re further removed.”

Quote:
“I know this is fairly new for her, and it’s a lot for her, but what I can say to you is that she’s really proud of me,” he said. “I’m just happy to have come this far. This journey just begun, right?”
Laughing

I wonder if Ziggy knows theres not a pro team in Utah. Laughing
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Laughing

I wonder if Ziggy knows theres not a pro team in Utah. Laughing

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: