Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - Round 1 Pick 4 (4th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.

Fair point but look at Eric Fisher. He shot up the draftboards all the way to the #1 OVERALL PICK. And he's a guy who didn't even play against top level competition on top of that

That's actually an even bigger risk.

There is no denying the physical talent and potential of Lane Johnson.

Sure there is no sure thing, but for people I heard on the clips of Philly Radio comparing this guy to Danny Watkins, seriously that's just dumb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: