Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - Round 1 Pick 4 (4th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jeff_mclane

Quote:
Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 1m
Lane Johnson just told me he made up the story that he used to wrestle bears.


Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Look at Papa Johnson



What a guy



The best was his reaction when we drafted Johnson. He went full Oklahoma.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 10299
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say full Oklahoma do you mean he screamed yeehaw and shot his revolvers into the air?
_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 6 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14551
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
When you say full Oklahoma do you mean he screamed yeehaw and shot his revolvers into the air?


No but only because his revolvers were confiscated at the door...he did the finger pistols though and for a breif moment looked like Yosemity Sam.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21279
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
@jeff_mclane

Quote:
Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 1m
Lane Johnson just told me he made up the story that he used to wrestle bears.


Sad


It wasn't bears, it was yaks
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48697
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti'd.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UKEaglesFan


Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 9080
Location: Coruscant, Somewhere In A Galaxy Far Far Away
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Lanejohnson69
_________________
Insert Picture Here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who doesn't like this pick is just being a contrarian. There literally wasn't a better fit for the Eagles than Lane Johnson. A rare combination of best player available at biggest need.

As some have mentioned, many of the plays that Chip Kelly runs depend on his Olinemen having to have athleticism to move away from the LOS to set them up.

No he's not a flashy skill player, but the Eagles have plenty of those and the only way they can be featured is if the QB (no matter who is behind center) has time to throw to them

No WR is any good if the QB is under durress before the WR can even begin to run their route. Meanwhile if you give your QB adequate time to throw, it buys receivers time to run their routes and often times even times to improvise after they run their routes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RBrown86


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 22737
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane and TCole should go bear wrestling someday.
_________________

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35598
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.


Ziggy played football 3 years. Lane done it all his life.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.


Ziggy played football 3 years. Lane done it all his life.


It's still a big change going from QB to OL. Dude has only been playing OL for 2 years. He is still inexperienced in that regard.

Not hating on the pick. But people seem to hate Ziggy here for some reason yet LOVE Lane, which is strange to me. I don't think they're mirror images of each other, but they're similar in a few ways.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33576
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.


Ziggy played football 3 years. Lane done it all his life.


It's still a big change going from QB to OL. Dude has only been playing OL for 2 years. He is still inexperienced in that regard.

Not hating on the pick. But people seem to hate Ziggy here for some reason yet LOVE Lane, which is strange to me. I don't think they're mirror images of each other, but they're similar in a few ways.



I would have been happy with either, but I am all for high potential picks after andy taking boring players for 13 years.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.


Ziggy played football 3 years. Lane done it all his life.


It's still a big change going from QB to OL. Dude has only been playing OL for 2 years. He is still inexperienced in that regard.

Not hating on the pick. But people seem to hate Ziggy here for some reason yet LOVE Lane, which is strange to me. I don't think they're mirror images of each other, but they're similar in a few ways.



I would have been happy with either, but I am all for high potential picks after andy taking boring players for 13 years.


Yeah. And Lane or Ziggy both fit that criteria. Neither really seem like Andy picks. Fisher/Joeckel are Andy-like picks.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SiLo


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 11223
Location: Dade County
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about him but he's big.
_________________

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group