Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - Round 1 Pick 4 (4th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kempes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jeff_mclane

Quote:
Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 1m
Lane Johnson just told me he made up the story that he used to wrestle bears.

Sad
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Look at Papa Johnson

What a guy

The best was his reaction when we drafted Johnson. He went full Oklahoma.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say full Oklahoma do you mean he screamed yeehaw and shot his revolvers into the air?

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
When you say full Oklahoma do you mean he screamed yeehaw and shot his revolvers into the air?

No but only because his revolvers were confiscated at the door...he did the finger pistols though and for a breif moment looked like Yosemity Sam.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
@jeff_mclane

Quote:
Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 1m
Lane Johnson just told me he made up the story that he used to wrestle bears.

Sad

It wasn't bears, it was yaks

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti'd.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Lanejohnson69
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who doesn't like this pick is just being a contrarian. There literally wasn't a better fit for the Eagles than Lane Johnson. A rare combination of best player available at biggest need.

As some have mentioned, many of the plays that Chip Kelly runs depend on his Olinemen having to have athleticism to move away from the LOS to set them up.

No he's not a flashy skill player, but the Eagles have plenty of those and the only way they can be featured is if the QB (no matter who is behind center) has time to throw to them

No WR is any good if the QB is under durress before the WR can even begin to run their route. Meanwhile if you give your QB adequate time to throw, it buys receivers time to run their routes and often times even times to improvise after they run their routes
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RBrown86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane and TCole should go bear wrestling someday.

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
The only thing that worries me is that Lane shot up almost a full round after just the combine and senior bowl....players like that concern me.

I do like Lane a lot. I think he could be very very good. But for the people saying they didn't want Ziggy because of the "inexperience" "rawness" and because he was a "combine warrior". Well hate to break it to you, but Lane fits those 3 descriptions.

Now I'm not saying he can't come in day 1 and start, but he might not be the day 1 contributor that Joeckel or Fisher are. He does IMO have the highest ceiling of the 3 but also the lowest floor.

He really does remind me of Ziggy but is an offensive lineman. The two are more similar than you think.

Ziggy played football 3 years. Lane done it all his life.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

It's still a big change going from QB to OL. Dude has only been playing OL for 2 years. He is still inexperienced in that regard.

Not hating on the pick. But people seem to hate Ziggy here for some reason yet LOVE Lane, which is strange to me. I don't think they're mirror images of each other, but they're similar in a few ways.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

It's still a big change going from QB to OL. Dude has only been playing OL for 2 years. He is still inexperienced in that regard.

Not hating on the pick. But people seem to hate Ziggy here for some reason yet LOVE Lane, which is strange to me. I don't think they're mirror images of each other, but they're similar in a few ways.

I would have been happy with either, but I am all for high potential picks after andy taking boring players for 13 years.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I would have been happy with either, but I am all for high potential picks after andy taking boring players for 13 years.

Yeah. And Lane or Ziggy both fit that criteria. Neither really seem like Andy picks. Fisher/Joeckel are Andy-like picks.

SiLo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about him but he's big.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: