Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 3rd pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Films' Greg Cosell compares Oregon DE/OLB Dion Jordan to the retired Jason Taylor.
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah has made this same comparison. Jordan measured 6-foot-6 1/4 and 248 pounds at the Combine while Taylor was listed at 6'6/244. Both players are freakishly athletic and explosive for their height. Primarily a right defensive end in the Dolphins' old 4-3, Taylor compiled 139.5 sacks over 13 seasons. Jordan could go as high as No. 2 overall to the Jags, who are looking for "Leo" linebackers in Gus Bradley's hybrid scheme. Cosell says Jordan is "just scratching the surface."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Ellerbe,Wheeler and Jordan we have added a lot of team speed on defense
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDem7JeSgU

Smiles...

I think this kid can put on another 5 - 7 pounds before the start of the season...I'm getting excited...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this pick. Its a shocker and some people might thing Ireland is an idiot but Brady is already on the floor.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
With Ellerbe,Wheeler and Jordan we have added a lot of team speed on defense

You're not lying. We just got younger at LB and faster. I think the idea is to not only get after the QB, but to stop giving up big plays.

UniversalAuthor
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDem7JeSgU

Smiles...

I think this kid can put on another 5 - 7 pounds before the start of the season...I'm getting excited...

In fact he is already 10 lbs heavier than he was in that film, and everybody knows they exaggerate on those things anyways. He is 4lbs heavier than Jason Taylor played at. He has good knee bend and fights to the QB when he does rush the passer, and his wing span is ridiculous.

Having said that, Gholston was a physical freak too, so it is a risk, but I think he will be a Beast. I do think at some point he will be playing in the 255lbs range.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was absolutely shocked. But I'm stoked!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling he will play LB in a Von Miller role just because we have been looking at LB's the entire time.

I think he's a much better fit at DE though. He filled his frame well and is in the Cameron Wake range.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how Ireland said the trade unfolded: "I had some intel that maybe Oakland was looking to get out of there and (I) made a call before the draft to just let them know I was interested in maybe getting up. Then, I waited for about maybe five or six minutes while they were on the clock and there was no call from them and so I called and just asked if they were loking to move the pick. They said they were open for business. I offered my first offer and they said, 'We're not interested.' So I waited another 45 seconds to a minutes and they called rihgt back (and) asked for 42. I said, 'Sure, we'll do it.' And that's all that was."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ESPN's Scouts Inc: "The more you look at what the Dolphins are doing on defense, the more this seems like an interesting fit. As a rangy guy who can play a 4-3 DE spot as the Dolphins transition from their old 3-4 front under new coordinator Kevin Coyle, Jordan has excellent edge pass-rush skills. But he also has the athletic ability, when they go to their hybrid 3-4 look, to either rush off the edge or drop into coverage. This defense will resemble the Cincinnati attacking scheme, and Jordan ran a high volume of plays in Oregon's up-tempo defense. He can team with Cameron Wake to give the Dolphins a terrific edge-rush package.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what you think of Jordan, I love the fact that the Dolphins identified a player they wanted and went and got him. I wish we would've done this to get a QB years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that Dion Jordan is an old team mate of Josh Kaddu?

I wonder if we discovered one scouting the other.
Emerica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:

There's a pretty good chance. I'm pretty sure Ireland did say they we're scouting Jordan since his Sophomore season.

Last edited by Emerica on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:

Most likely....Someone said they have been interested him for 2 years....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
From ESPN's Scouts Inc: "The more you look at what the Dolphins are doing on defense, the more this seems like an interesting fit. As a rangy guy who can play a 4-3 DE spot as the Dolphins transition from their old 3-4 front under new coordinator Kevin Coyle, Jordan has excellent edge pass-rush skills. But he also has the athletic ability, when they go to their hybrid 3-4 look, to either rush off the edge or drop into coverage. This defense will resemble the Cincinnati attacking scheme, and Jordan ran a high volume of plays in Oregon's up-tempo defense. He can team with Cameron Wake to give the Dolphins a terrific edge-rush package.

It's funny this mentions Cincinnati....because I was just going to say that Jordan reminds me a bit of Michael Johnson...who the Bengals drafted in 2009. Although Johnson is at around 270 lbs.....and 6' 7'....he is lean and quick. Of course the Bengals got lucky and drafted him with the 70th pick that year. It took him a few seasons but last year Johnson had 11.5 sacks.

Bum Phillips:"Don Shula can take his'n and beat your'n, and then take your'n and beat his'n"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: