Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok with the pick. At first I hated the idea of taking him but it grew on me when I did my mock. I took Keenan Allen but understood we needed another big bodied receiver for Dalton. The guy sucks throwing deep, so bigger receivers that can dominate underneath is perfect for him...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand the pick. He must have really been BPA at 21 to take him though. We upgraded a position that was not a need. But Eifert is a baller and Dalton needs his ballers.

CYPRIEN TOMMORROW I BEG OF YOU!
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ark23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I don't really understand the pick. He must have really been BPA at 21 to take him though. We upgraded a position that was not a need. But Eifert is a baller and Dalton needs his ballers.

Your guy Hayden went at 12 way higher than I expected. I thought he'd go 34 to SF.

Right there with you. That'd be ideal. Really think he'll be a star next to Nelson.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y5EvW6TGss

Here is Coach Hayes working Eifert out at the ND pro day. He must have really liked what he say.

From watching his game tape. The guy is a flat-out football player, first and foremost. He understands the game beyond the athletic aspects. Has vacuums for hands, uses his body well to shield defenders, feels and adjusts to blocks, and is an absolute playmaker. On top of all these attributes, the kid is pretty much a freak. 6'6, 250lbs, with 35 inch arms and a 35.5 inch vert. If you put the ball in a reasonable spot, he will come down with it. The most impressive aspect of his game is that he makes his own plays, which, in my opinion, seperates the good from the elite. Receivers who can make plays that 'aren't there' is an extremely rare quality to have. AJ Green has it (see 2 bombs agaisnt Buffalo for example). And i see it in Eifert as well. I'm not sure what Jay Gruden and co. have for him in store, but you can't be mad at selecting the best playmaker on the board. Offense is clearly the focus this offseason, we need to surround Andy with weapons.

Seeing what i just saw, i love him already.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Your guy Hayden went at 12 way higher than I expected. I thought he'd go 34 to SF.

Right there with you. That'd be ideal. Really think he'll be a star next to Nelson.

No Arthur Brown off the board yet, buddy. Hopefully our staff sees what you see in him and if Cyprien isn't the pick we nab him.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the initial shock, I am starting to drool over the possibilities. And with Dalton's lack of a cannon, here is another guy who can go up and get it deep down the field.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, i know nothing of Eifert. But watching the pick last night, ESPN threw up some highlights. They say he's a TE, but he moves like a WR. I honestly thought they had the wrong highlight at first. With every other TE in the league, you see them struggle to turn quickly. So instead of making clean routes and catches, it's always bodying someone up and using their size.

So my next thought was that if Eifert was so quick and fluid, he must not be very big. WRONG. 6'6", 250 lb. That's huge.

Honestly, i can't think of a single comparison to this guy. I see the Bengals lining him up at TE and WR.

The other plus is this is really going to push Gresham. We all know he wasn't going to progress any more than he had without some pushing. This will push him because there's still going to be a number of 1 TE sets. If he wants to play as much as he has in the past, he needs to get better.

Love the pick.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
frankbuncom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Orson Charles will be fine; we'll have a lot of two-TE plays in the playbook, we'll have to carry at least three.

The guy who should be worried is probably Andrew Hawkins; Eifert is going to get the bulk of the slot receiver duties.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankbuncom wrote:
I think Orson Charles will be fine; we'll have a lot of two-TE plays in the playbook, we'll have to carry at least three.

The guy who should be worried is probably Andrew Hawkins; Eifert is going to get the bulk of the slot receiver duties.

I would agree with that. Out of the 4 main WR's (Green, Jones, Sanu, Hawkins), Hawkins is the one that stands to lose the most snaps. Jones and Sanu are the future at the position. They won't see their PT reduced.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to see a lot of one back sets this year, especially if we get a back like Franklin or Bernard at 53. Probably a good amount of TE pre snap motion as well.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Browns fan here. What does this mean for Gresham? It seems like the franchise is more high on Charles than they are on Gresham. Are they going to let this year play out and let him walk? Just curious, thanks

PSN: bench515lbs
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Hey guys, Browns fan here. What does this mean for Gresham? It seems like the franchise is more high on Charles than they are on Gresham. Are they going to let this year play out and let him walk? Just curious, thanks

Gresham has two years left on his rookie deal.

This turns into a prove it year for Gresham. The team will likely design a number of 2 TE sets, or 1 TE/1 SE set to get both guys on the field. If he can improve, then maybe he gets a new deal. If he can't, then Eifert is the guy going forward and maybe Gresham is traded.

Charles won't play over Gresham. Gresham is and always has been the better blocker, so he gets priority. Charles will still make the team as a 3rd TE. They'll need 3 considering all the 2 TE sets they're likely to run.

BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember me pressing for Eifert in january and/or february when I first joined this site??? Nobody knows how excited I am with this pick. You guys on here made it sound like their was a zero pecent chance of taking him! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Orson moving to more of a FB role next year

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I'm sober now and thinking about it. He was BPA and can truly help this offense. His ability to make plays is great. With him and Gresh running seem and underneath routes with AJ on the outside we are in good shape. Now we need a RB that can catch out of the backfield to be a threat and this offense is deadly. Tonight i want a S, RB and either DE or LB. getting excited for tonight

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: