Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with Eifert. Another big target for Dalton.

We were absolutely terrible on 3rd down last year, so I'm not surprised. Dave Lapham called it right. I'm thinking of him more as a big WR than a TE.

Maybe we go with Charles @ FB/HB over Pressley, maybe 4 x TE/ 5 x WR on the 53.

Maybe it also shows how p'd off the Bengals are with Gresham, and don't look to extand him next year.

Last edited by LondonBengal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
I don't get the frustration, even if Eifert doesn't put up gaudy numbers he should be able to open up the field for others. I can just imagine any combination of Eifert/Gresham and Hawkins/Sanu/Green...it should be a solid attack. We needed an offensive weapon and we got one.

He will open up the offense. But I'm not sold we know how to use TEs yet and with guys at positions of need on the board. I guess this is BPA. I'll think better tomorrow when sober

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gresham is a free agent after this year too. Planning ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think of the Eifert pick as solely selecting a tight end. The NFL is all about sub packages, playing in space and mismatches. Eifert epitomizes that. No he isn't a great traditional in-line tight end because I don't think he's an elite blocker. But he can play in the slot and out wide. Imagine formations with Eifert and Green at X and Y, Gresham at TE and Sanu or Hawkins in the slot. That is not gonna be easy to cover for teams and we had some red zone woes this past season. This does remedy that.

Eifert is an explosive athlete, Hokie really hit on a key point. He's an explosive playmaker. Can be used in a lot of different ways. Look no farther than what New England does, they use Hernandez and Gronk in a lot of different ways.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that he's not as different as Gresham. More fluid player, better in space, but he isn't the "Hernandez" to Gresham's "Gronk" he's more of a similar type of player.

Still I'm hopeful that Cyprien will be there at pick 37 and we take him. That'd be ideal. Swearinger even would be nice.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inner-Homer is kicking in and i'm starting to like the pick. Nearly 6'6" with a 35" vert. Can outrun most linebackers and tower over most DB's.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
I don't get the frustration, even if Eifert doesn't put up gaudy numbers he should be able to open up the field for others. I can just imagine any combination of Eifert/Gresham and Hawkins/Sanu/Green...it should be a solid attack. We needed an offensive weapon and we got one.

He will open up the offense. But I'm not sold we know how to use TEs yet and with guys at positions of need on the board. I guess this is BPA. I'll think better tomorrow when sober

I feel like my Budweiser is helping me rationalize.. But whether we know how to use TEs or not, if we give him opportunities and he gets open, Dalton will find him. We need offense, but no RB was worth it and a WR would've just burried someone like Sanu or Jones.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Swearinger tomorrow!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:

I feel like my Budweiser is helping me rationalize.. But whether we know how to use TEs or not, if we give him opportunities and he gets open, Dalton will find him. We need offense, but no RB was worth it and a WR would've just burried someone like Sanu or Jones.

I mean knowing Daton isn't the most accurate, this kid can help give him a big window. But I just didn't expect it. I will likely like it more tomorrow when sober and thinking about it more.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert's greatest strength is his ability to completely overmatch corners in the end zone. You guys should check out some Eifert highlights when you get the chance. Anytime ND was inside the 20, they lined up Eifert as a split end and essentially threw him jump balls. He won the vast majority of his matchups. Now add him to Green and Gresham, and there's no real excuse for Dalton (or Gruden) to not have success with these guys in the red zone.

He's going to be an absolutely scary red zone target. When you put him out there with Green, Gresham, and Sanu, and our passing offense could be downright scary in the red zone. He'll really help on 3rd down. He's sure handed, unlike Gresham.

He's going to grow on you. He's not a blazer (not many TEs are), but he's fast enough. Does need to work on his blocking though.

I'm glad the Bengals recognized how badly they need to get Dalton more weapons. I still hope we get a vertical-threat WR in the 3rd or 4th like Da'Rick Rogers, for example.

Just keep hoping Cyprien and Elam fall. Cyprien or Elam at 37, plus a RB like Bernard or Franklin at 53 would be almost a pipe dream scenario, along with the Eifert pick.

Again, this is a great pick.

Last edited by Hokie on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense was the issue last year, at least they realize that.

Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two picks left in the 1st round. Dallas and Baltimore picking. Cyprien or Elam probably goes off the board here.
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Two picks left in the 1st round. Dallas and Baltimore picking. Cyprien or Elam probably goes off the board here.

Hopefully Elam! I think it's likely either Lacy or Cyprien makes it to 37. Which would be amazing.

I really want Cyprien at 37. An Eifert+Cyprien first two picks would be absolutely amazing. Really don't want Elam at 37. Swearinger would be fine, but I'm low on Elam.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprien is still available. We could use a mini-run on QB's to start rd two though.

Hokie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, there goes Elam. Cyprien still available going into round 2.
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad Elam is gone. We are sitting pretty right now. Cyprien, Lacy and Carradine are all guys I think we like who we could take.

I'm hopeful. Tomorrow is where we really find out about this draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: