Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

29th Overall - TRADED to Minnesota for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Curran saying one of the players the Patriots wanted at 29 was... Justin Hunter.

Not sure how true that is in totality - the Patriots have a list of 15 guys, and Datone Jones was very high on their board. But I would not be opposed to NE spending a pick on Justin Hunter - he's my number one WR in this class.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
PatriotsWin!

Richter wrote:
Curran saying one of the players the Patriots wanted at 29 was... Justin Hunter.

Which basically means they didn't want him imo. No way they leak that with so many teams still picking ahead of them.

p.s. I would love to land Hunter, BB always disappoints me tho so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Mack on the sig
Richter

rabbisson wrote:
Richter wrote:

Not sure how true that is in totality - the Patriots have a list of 15 guys, and Datone Jones was very high on their board. But I would not be opposed to NE spending a pick on Justin Hunter - he's my number one WR in this class.

According to him, they had a short list, and he was on it.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the number of picks it's given us, just concerned we're now out of the Woods, Allen and Hunter market at our new spot.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I endorse the trade, despite the litany of players I like that were available at 29.

I had a small feeling we might have stayed put with Patterson on the board, but I think, considering the amount of lop-sided trades, that we really managed to fleece the Vikings.

I was sort of hoping it would be a 2nd, 4th and '14 2nd when I saw the Vikings had moved up so far, but this gives us great flexibility and of course, Robert Woods is still available. Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
patsfan25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
I endorse the trade, despite the litany of players I like that were available at 29.

I had a small feeling we might have stayed put with Patterson on the board, but I think, considering the amount of lop-sided trades, that we really managed to fleece the Vikings.

I was sort of hoping it would be a 2nd, 4th and '14 2nd when I saw the Vikings had moved up so far, but this gives us great flexibility and of course, Robert Woods is still available. Laughing

As much as I like Woods with you, I think our chance at him is slim not picking until the 20th pick tomorrow. Woods will be gone by then. I've had a hunch leading up to this draft, and I have a strong feeling they're going after Markus Wheaton. Such a determined, well written hard working kid. He has Patriot written all over. I think they nab him and Stedman Bailey. Two receivers that really fit the mold in what we like to draft. Smaller, shifty and quick WRs.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

As much as I like Woods with you, I think our chance at him is slim not picking until the 20th pick tomorrow. Woods will be gone by then. I've had a hunch leading up to this draft, and I have a strong feeling they're going after Markus Wheaton. Such a determined, well written hard working kid. He has Patriot written all over. I think they nab him and Stedman Bailey. Two receivers that really fit the mold in what we like to draft. Smaller, shifty and quick WRs.

I'm going to put my fingers in my ears and shout 'ROBERT WOODS' until even Bill Belichick can't ignore me.

Naq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up not studying and watching the draft, I couldn't ignore the fact that it was on Laughing

I love, love, love this trade, I feel like we might trade down even further and milk some of the picks we have for earlier picks next year. It's always great value on this team to trade in one pick for multiple mid round picks.

UniversalAuthor wrote:
Hate being up by 13, sets us up for a 1 point loss.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they have a grade drop off by pick value chart and while it looks like a bounty of picks it's not that impressive. The second is pretty late on.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
patsfan25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
I'm sure they have a grade drop off by pick value chart and while it looks like a bounty of picks it's not that impressive. The second is pretty late on.

This is how I felt. The dropoff from #29 to #52 is almost an entire round. I'm very fearful we're gonna lose out on some very good players...

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:

It's in a decent range though I think.

We are likely to see a run on QB's (Smith, Nassib, Barkley, Glennon - maybe Wilson) CB's (Taylor, BWW, Banks, Poyer, Ryan) LBers (Te'o, Brown, Bostic, Greene, Moore, Alonso) Maybe a couple of RB's and hopefully this means one of the WR's we covet will become available at our pick, or for a small trade up.

We have some flexibility to move around now, so I'm much happier going into tonight.

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:

Should give us something to trade back up with though. My guess is we'd be happy with Woods, Hunter or Allen and are happy to see how far each falls before making a move if needed.
m haynes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-team-input:atl/dt-by-round-input:1

Here a grade list of available players. I see many players that can help the Pats on this list. Don't forget there could be 5 QBs in the 2nd round, also you can count Teo and Lacy, and Eifert. The players we need will be pushed right to the Pats. Look at WR, there are many still on the board. Look at Marshall kid he is ranked 11th on this grade list.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Grachuus wrote:

Should give us something to trade back up with though. My guess is we'd be happy with Woods, Hunter or Allen and are happy to see how far each falls before making a move if needed.

Yes, but...if we do not trade back up, this will have been a waste. The trade is essentially

-Cordarrelle Patterson
-moving down 24 spots

In exchange for a 3rd, 4th, and 7th round pick.

....hardly seems like a grand slam at all.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Grachuus wrote:

Yes, but...if we do not trade back up, this will have been a waste. The trade is essentially

-Cordarrelle Patterson
-moving down 24 spots

In exchange for a 3rd, 4th, and 7th round pick.

....hardly seems like a grand slam at all.

The flexibility those picks provide for us to move up or down in this draft as well as into next year is a valuable commodity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: