Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 14th Pick, Carolina selects STAR!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you grade the Star pick?
A
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

wild style

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanted floyd sooo bad but man what is wrong with that guy? To drop from 3 to the 20's there must be some serious off the field issues. I need to start digging around and see why he fell.... I have never wanted a player so bad but still been sooooo excited about not getting who i wanted!!! I was screaming at my tv from pick 8 to us lol what a great night!!!
wild style

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanted floyd sooo bad but man what is wrong with that guy? To drop from 3 to the 20's there must be some serious off the field issues. I need to start digging around and see why he fell.... I have never wanted a player so bad but still been sooooo excited about not getting who i wanted!!! I was screaming at my tv from pick 8 to us lol what a great night!!!
davlar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the moon with this pick. Smile

Thanks to JammerHammer21 for the sig - Let The Riv-Era Begin!
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild style wrote:

He's more measurables than production right now. Most of the talk of him going top 10 was him going to the Raiders. More realistically, he was a guy who should've gone around where he ended up going.
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
wild style wrote:

He's more measurables than production right now. Most of the talk of him going top 10 was him going to the Raiders. More realistically, he was a guy who should've gone around where he ended up going.

Basically he was this years Michael Brockers. Has all the measuerables, someone would just need to coach him up to become a productive NFL DT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
wild style wrote:

Basically he was this years Michael Brockers. Has all the measuerables, someone would just need to coach him up to become a productive NFL DT.

For pass rushing, I'd agree, but Brockers could play the run like no DT in since Ngata could. Most DT's come out knowing how to pass rush, but not how to play the run. He was the opposite.
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick. our dline just got a ton better

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1hNMnLI-TE

38 bench press reps at the Utah Pro Day

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to think Star helps Kuechly more than Floyd would. It's a passing league but stopping the run and putting teams in 3rd and long is always a recipe for success.

The secondary should have plenty of opportunities to make plays I just hope they do.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick. If his heart condition isn't anything too serious, then this kid is gonna be a steal for us. I'm glad we finally solved our DT need as well.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
Grange90 wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:
Best front 7 in the NFL?

Johnson- Edwards- Star- Hardy

Beason-Keuchly- Davis

Two of the best 4-3 end in the game with a veteran pass rusher next to the top NT prospect. Two of the best and smartest 4-3 LB's in the game with Beason and Keuchly. Not to mention Davis. <b>Our defense is going to be insane!</b>
It will be when we can get a better secondary
honey badger
Bleh. No thanks. Definitely not in the second.
people can say anything they want about Mathieu but he's really really good at playing football. that's all i care about while discussing the playing of football
Can't play football if he's suspended for substance abuse.

If you want to bring him in later in the draft (where the cost for the risk isn't so great), fine. But I'd rather go elsewhere in the second.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
fretgod99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
You have to think Star helps Kuechly more than Floyd would. It's a passing league but stopping the run and putting teams in 3rd and long is always a recipe for success.

The secondary should have plenty of opportunities to make plays I just hope they do.
Yup. We need run defense. As long as a guy can get some push in the pass game, I'm not all that worried about pass rush in the middle. I'd rather prioritize run defense for DTs. And that's definitely what we needed to address, anyway.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
J Pep 4 Step

So okay, how many others from about pick 8 (mentioned earlier) to our pick were just like "Nobody has takena DT yet. NOBODY HAS TAKEN A DT YET!!!!" With every pick I was getting crazy excited. It was killing me. By our pick, with Floyd and Lotulelei both still available I was just saying over and over again "Dont screw this up. Dont you dare screw this up!" My voice was all wobbly and everything. LMAO.

I mean, to get the guy we pretty much all coveted from day 1 but knew we never had a shot at? Without trading up? Amazing.

CK on the sig
boondock

Toughguy77 wrote:
Love this pick. If his heart condition isn't anything too serious, then this kid is gonna be a steal for us. I'm glad we finally solved our DT need as well.

Apparently is was a virus that got his system out of whack. He was cleared by University of Utah doctors, NFL doctors, and Carolina Panthers doctors. Putting the heart history of the Big Cat in the picture, I would say that he's been checked over very well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
So okay, how many others from about pick 8 (mentioned earlier) to our pick were just like "Nobody has takena DT yet. NOBODY HAS TAKEN A DT YET!!!!" With every pick I was getting crazy excited. It was killing me. By our pick, with Floyd and Lotulelei both still available I was just saying over and over again "Dont screw this up. Dont you dare screw this up!" My voice was all wobbly and everything. LMAO.

I mean, to get the guy we pretty much all coveted from day 1 but knew we never had a shot at? Without trading up? Amazing.

That's pretty much how I was. I honestly thought for us to get anyone in that "top tier" of prospects that there had to be a QB taken ahead of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: