Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Thread (Day 2, Rounds 2 & 3) 6:30pm EST
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Draft Thread (Day 2, Rounds 2 & 3) 6:30pm EST Reply with quote

It's Draft Day! Rounds 2-3

I know everyone is excited. Draft time is one of the best weekends for NFL fans. There are a couple quick things we need to go over to keep this fun and as organized as possible during a hectic time.
1) This site will be flooded with people. I would have Seattle's forum and any other specific forum you want to get to bookmarked. The site will revert back to an old form that makes it harder to navigate on the main page.

2) Keep all Day 1 discussion in this thread. If Seattle makes a pick, I will create a separate thread for the selection. The purpose of this is so that:
-a. We don't have 4 or 5 threads for each pick
-b. We know who will make the thread.
If I am not on to make the pick, I'll have asked someone to be designated.

3) Have fun! If you hate a pick we make, cool off before posting. Don't try and navigate around the swearing filter!

4) imani will create a thread for every draft pick! Trust him to do it! Let's not have 400 threads created for every guy we pick Wink

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets do this SEATTLE!!!!

Man Im pumped for tomorrow. I kinda wish we would have done something with Sharriff Floyd on the board but it was probably way too expensive to move into the 1st. with us already owing a 3rd next year already. I cant wait for the draft tomorrow.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Lets do this SEATTLE!!!!

Man Im pumped for tomorrow. I kinda wish we would have done something with Sharriff Floyd on the board but it was probably way too expensive to move into the 1st. with us already owing a 3rd next year already. I cant wait for the draft tomorrow.

Yeah, it would have cost a lot seeing as how we pick towards the end of each round until the 5th where we have 2 picks.

There is still a TON of talent available. I would like to stay put, or if necessary, trade up just a few picks to get in front of a team that might pick who PC & JS want. Let the draft fall as it may up until about 10 picks from where we sit right now.

I am pretty excited.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some thoughts immediately following Round 1 - O-Linemen went early - I was surprised to see Long, Pugh and Frederick go so early. If we want to improve this O-Line we may have to hope we hit a home run on a prospect later in the draft. Manelik Watson, Terron Armstead, Larry Warford and Barrett Jones are some guys that I'll have my eye on.

I love how much defensive talent is still available in this draft. Tank Carradine, Jesse Williams, Damontre Moore, Jonathan Hankins, Sam Montgomery, Kawaan Short are D-Line options that I'm high on if we want to pour gasoline on the fire.

Not to mention a lots of options at Linebacker and Cornerback. Arthur Brown, Sio Moore, Khaseem Greene, Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks, Darius Slay, David Amerson, Tyrann Mathieu, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, BW Webb.

More than anything - We have the talent to just take the best player on the board. It's a luxury not many teams have. I kind of wish guys like Kyle Long were still available but I'm confident we'll come out of Day 2 with a quality football player.
Not a Texans fan...just a nickname.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna say this now, I would not be surprised if we drafted Tyrann Mathieu, nor would I be opposed to the idea. We're a team who can afford to take chances on high-risk/high-reward type players.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With as many OTs off the board. I'm thinking Seattle should definitely be calling Winston and Clabos agents tonight and upgrade through FA. Even if its just a quick fix for a year. It should be a priority now. I just don't see any impact Tackles left this year.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see a lot of WRs falling. i wouldnt be surpised if we done get a big body WR

WINTER IS COMING
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing John he will pick somebody we hadn't thought of that Kiper hates that turns out to be a good pick during the season.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Knowing John he will pick somebody we hadn't thought of that Kiper hates that turns out to be a good pick during the season.

WINTER IS COMING
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

After last year Kiper will hold his opinions or even agree with them to try and save face after last years crap. Seattle is proving these analysts (me too) wrong almost every year. Love what these guys have done with the team and pretty much set us up for a dynasty.

#bestteaminfootball #youngtalentedteam
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22144064/report-tyrann-mathieu-no-showed-meetings-with-texans-seattle

Quote:
For a guy who might get drafted Friday in either the second or third round of the NFL Draft, former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu certainly continues to make his fair share of news. Ands mostly, for the bad.

A few days after he planned a party for Thursday (and then dropped those plans after receiving perhaps unfair criticism that he was billing himself as a first-round draft pick), Mathieu wasn't selected among the first 32 picks.

Now, as we wait to see whether he'll hear his name Friday, Fox Sports' Jay Glazer told the Dan Patrick radio show on Friday morning that Mathieu didn't show up for scheduled meetings with the Texans and Seahawks last week.

Good job Badger Laughing I won't read into too much, because i don't know what happened directly....but he's literally losing money ding things like this. Priorities are backwards

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22144064/report-tyrann-mathieu-no-showed-meetings-with-texans-seattle

Quote:
For a guy who might get drafted Friday in either the second or third round of the NFL Draft, former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu certainly continues to make his fair share of news. Ands mostly, for the bad.

A few days after he planned a party for Thursday (and then dropped those plans after receiving perhaps unfair criticism that he was billing himself as a first-round draft pick), Mathieu wasn't selected among the first 32 picks.

Now, as we wait to see whether he'll hear his name Friday, Fox Sports' Jay Glazer told the Dan Patrick radio show on Friday morning that Mathieu didn't show up for scheduled meetings with the Texans and Seahawks last week.

Good job Badger Laughing I won't read into too much, because i don't know what happened directly....but he's literally losing money ding things like this. Priorities are backwards

what a moron

Thought you had to work Imani??

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

Quote:

He had the Flu apparently but he was pimping himself out as a 1st round pick yesterday lol.

Last edited by Sacks98 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:

Quote:

what a moron

Thought you had to work Imani??

Found internet at a little cafe, i'm on lunch. I think i might be able to get out of the rest of my shift as well.

You don't have to send the updates after all Mr. Green

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:

Quote:

He had the Flu apparently but he was pimping himself out as a 1st round pick yesterday lol.

If i'm going to be paid 6 figures in the coming weeks/months, i show up with the damn flu and gain even more respect

wwhickok wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: