Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KingTitan's Mock Draft V.3 Final Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: KingTitan's Mock Draft V.3 Final Mock Reply with quote

1. Chiefs-Luke Joeckel,
2. Jaguars- Dion Jordan,
3. Raiders- Floyd, *Sharrif
4. Eagles- Lotulelei, Star
5. Lions- Fisher, Eric
6. Browns- Ansah, Ezekiel
7. Cardinals- Johnson, Lane
8. Bills- Mingo, *Barkevious
9. Jets- Milliner, Dee

This draft is the most unpredictable one since I've been following it passionately. No clear #1 pick and no clear Top 10 talent. OG is being pushed up to the top even though majority of the league doesn't value the position enough to take one in the top 10.

I will say honestly, I don't feel confident in any of my picks. I usually can zero in on a player and definetly a position that the Titans will take. With Free Agency, that prediction is almost impossible.

I think they are looking at CB , OG, and DL. I know the OG's are ranked higher than most of the other players that are likely to be at our pick, but with a deep OG class and starters being able to be had all the way into the 3rd, do you pass over a less deep position? I don't think so.
So pick will be a CB or DL.

Milliner will likely be gone. Leaving "top" rated Trufant, Taylor, Hayden and Rhodes as the remaining 1st round CBs.

Ansah, Floyd, Star, Jordan and maybe Mingo are likely to be gone, depending on how many tackles and if a QB gets taken. Leaving Werner, Carradine, Sylvester Williams, and Richardson as the remaing talent.

I feel a trade down this year, but like I said, I can't predict it. But all this leaves me to feel that our #1 pick will be.....

10. Titans.......

1.DJ Hayden CB Houston

5'11 191lbs

The Offensive Guard is in the majority of mock drafts. I can't see that. No matter how many times I tried to vision it, I can't see it. I've done many practice Mocks before posting the finals ones. I've had Warmack at 10 or Cooper. But I just can't talk myself into. Corner is what is left. Hayden is an all around CB. He can press, play man, play zone, tackle, play off..etc. He can do it. With ease.... The heart scare is unique but everyone is giving him the ok, so I'm going to trust it. His game film looks much better than Milliner to tell you the truth. Milliner is bigger and faster, but Hayden plays the position better to me. While Milliner is sure to go before Hayden, I think Hayden might be the better player. .

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/llLcuVvBZ1M
http://youtu.be/1amaiMWaMxc

2. Dallas Thomas OG/OT Tennessee

6-5 306lbs

Dallas Thomas isn't talked about a lot as a top Guard, but the "draft circles" rank him very high. He can play Tackle and Guard. Munchak loves guys that can do more than one thing. Warford is a realistic pick here, but I think the versatility of Thomas may push him over the edge.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/T00AJ2CmQXU

3. Corey Lemonier DE Auburn

6-4 255lbs

Corey had some great numbers at his weight. 6'4 about 260lbs. He runs in the 4.5s and has a good get off. Good pass rusher that can play the run. Plays with some intensity and can add something to our rotation.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/aSM2rxG-fWE

3. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall

6-3 210lbs

Another KingTitan Guy. He has great hands. I'm sure his "spectacular catch" rating in Madden will be high, because he makes them. A draft expert called him Justin Hunter with hands. He ran 4.3 at his pro day. He has great body control and can run routes.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/99lzd57Ib_w

4. Earl Wolfe S North Carolina State

5-11 209lbs

Wolfe is a high riser. A violent hitter. Speed to make plays in the passing game and thickness to come up and attack the run. A good player to play special teams and learn from Pollard and Wilson.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/WcOI6vd62b4
http://youtu.be/T4emV8pv3VU

5. Jon Bostic LB Florida

6-1 245lbs

Someone to add some strength to our linebacker core. Has the ability to play inside and outside LB. Depth behind McCarthy and Ayers on the strong side. Flashes ability to start in the NFL also.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/S1Jiwv9sSpY

6. TJ Barnes DT Georgia Tech

6-6 369lbs
He is a BIG MAN. He goes with the mantra of getting bigger. He can be a good backup or practice squad player. Size and athletic ability to occupy double teams and free up other players. Ran a 5.1 40yd dash. Star ran a 5.4 by comparision.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/HpnjTb9mQuY

7. Rodgers Gaines- OT- Tennessee State University

6-6 334

A Player that could add some depth to the O-line and maybe develop in the future. Rodgers has great mearureables and because he is recovering from injury couldn't show himself during the draft process. Gaines gets a chance to develop into a back up and at the same time get a chance to maybe do more.

Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/aXFTPsv6Mtw

7. Khalid Wooten CB/S Nevada

5-11 210

Another hopeful late round gem. Ability to play CB and S. Tommie Campbell hasn't stepped up like we would want and nobody can count on him at this point. Wooten doesn't immediately threaten Campbell's spot but a good training camp could make the front office think.

Video Highlights:

KingTitan's guys.....
These are guys that I feel are going to be great pro's. They are also guys, I think the Titans would love too. So if they take a couple of these guys. You can remember KingTitan told ya so. Smile

DE
Ezkeial Ansah
Datone Jones
Mike Catapono
Corneilus Washington
Corey Leminoeir

DT
Sylvester Williams
Jesse Williams

CB
Jonathan Banks
Desmond Trufant
DJ Hayden
Sanders Commings
Leon McFadden
Nickell Robey

S
DJ Swearinger
Rontez Miles
Jonathan Cyprien
Shamarko Thomas
Earl Wolfe

WR
Justin Hunter
Aaron Dobson
Tavon Austin
Quintin Patton

C/OG
Brian Schwenke
Kyle Long
Jonathan Cooper
Brian Winters

RB
Jonthan Franklin
Zac Stacey

LB
Steve Beauharnis
Kevin Reddick
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HORRIBLE! JK KT. It's solid, not high on Hayden that high,mould prefer Banks. The rest is pretty solid.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayden wasn't even talked about very often as a high end 2nd round pick, much less a top 10 prospect until Mayock said something about him.

I understand Mayock is one of the best scouts out there, but his opinion alone is not going to boost someone in to the top 10. Don't be shocked if Hayden isn't even picked in the first round. I've not seen any rumors of NFL scouts valuing him that highly.

I've said before I'll back almost any pick this FO/coaching staff makes, and I would do so with Hayden if they feel he's that good...but I would be shocked to see him that high.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Hayden wasn't even talked about very often as a high end 2nd round pick, much less a top 10 prospect until Mayock said something about him.

I understand Mayock is one of the best scouts out there, but his opinion alone is not going to boost someone in to the top 10. Don't be shocked if Hayden isn't even picked in the first round. I've not seen any rumors of NFL scouts valuing him that highly.

I've said before I'll back almost any pick this FO/coaching staff makes, and I would do so with Hayden if they feel he's that good...but I would be shocked to see him that high.

Well this isn't based on Mayock. I honestly don't even know what he said about Hayden. It's more about reading the tweets of former NFL Scouts who rave about Hayden.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000162869/article/2013-nfl-draft-buzz-kenny-vaccaro-dj-hayden-entice-scouts
One example:
Quote:
As for Hayden, once his health became less of an issue (following a freak incident last November), everyone began looking at his tape. One scout started giggling when I asked about Hayden: Fluid, athletic, he makes plays -- the praise was endless. I could see Hayden as the second corner off the board (after Milliner).
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
HORRIBLE! JK KT. It's solid, not high on Hayden that high,mould prefer Banks. The rest is pretty solid.

Yeah I love Banks the most. If we don't take CB in the 1st, then Banks would be my choice for our 2nd round pick.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Well this isn't based on Mayock. I honestly don't even know what he said about Hayden. It's more about reading the tweets of former NFL Scouts who rave about Hayden.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000162869/article/2013-nfl-draft-buzz-kenny-vaccaro-dj-hayden-entice-scouts
One example:
Quote:
As for Hayden, once his health became less of an issue (following a freak incident last November), everyone began looking at his tape. One scout started giggling when I asked about Hayden: Fluid, athletic, he makes plays -- the praise was endless. I could see Hayden as the second corner off the board (after Milliner).

Mayock came out and said about a week or so ago that Hayden is the best CB in the draft. That article was posted after that, which makes me wonder.

I imagine there may be an article or two out there claiming Hayden was great or whatever prior to Mayock saying something(you can find something like that about almost every prospect in the draft, lol), but prior to Mayock praising him as the best in the draft, I never saw the first thing about Hayden being a first round prospect, much less the best CB in the draft/a top 10 pick.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

You got to watch the tape man....I only watched the tape on DBs last week and I loved what I saw with Milliner and the next best I saw was Hayden. The guy is the most instinctive player in this draft. He is versatile and plays hard all the time. The reason he was not be considered as a high pick was the injury, many did not think he would recover fully. Then at his pro day he proved everyone wrong. You watch the tape it shows how good a player this kid can be, not to mention he seems like he will be just as great off the field as on.

Props to Kempes ^
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

I feel that it's more the guys on tv are now catching up with the real scouts and where teams view players.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

One example:
Quote:

Mayock came out and said about a week or so ago that Hayden is the best CB in the draft. That article was posted after that, which makes me wonder.

I imagine there may be an article or two out there claiming Hayden was great or whatever prior to Mayock saying something(you can find something like that about almost every prospect in the draft, lol), but prior to Mayock praising him as the best in the draft, I never saw the first thing about Hayden being a first round prospect, much less the best CB in the draft/a top 10 pick.

Oh ok, Last I saw, Mayock had him as 3rd best corner. Well. Even better!..lol

If Hayden could have played in Senior Bowl and did all the pre-draft stuff on schedule he might have risen faster. I think I saw him as a 3rd rounder before all the evaluations started.

I acutally found his youtube stuff linked to another player and i was blown away by this dude and his ability. Then I read about his accident and I thought he redshirted and was going to come back to school. So i killed my excitement. Then saw he was in the draft and healthy, then I started to get excited again...lol
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

You got to watch the tape man....I only watched the tape on DBs last week and I loved what I saw with Milliner and the next best I saw was Hayden. The guy is the most instinctive player in this draft. He is versatile and plays hard all the time. The reason he was not be considered as a high pick was the injury, many did not think he would recover fully. Then at his pro day he proved everyone wrong. You watch the tape it shows how good a player this kid can be, not to mention he seems like he will be just as great off the field as on.

I'm the first to admit that I've not seen the first bit of Hayden's game tape. I'm just saying it's far too weird that no one even considered him prior to Mayock praising him. Stuff like that makes me worry, lol.
GatorCam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hayden is a huge reach at ten and Dallas Thomas is an even bigger reach in the second round. I like Lemonier...I just think the DL needs to be addressed before the third round.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GatorCam wrote:
I think Hayden is a huge reach at ten and Dallas Thomas is an even bigger reach in the second round. I like Lemonier...I just think the DL needs to be addressed before the third round.

I can't defend the value of the players. Cause to me, hardly anyone in this draft will truly get picked where they deserved to be picked. The talent is so scattered.
There are some Safeties that may have been 2nd rounders who will get pushed down because it's so many quaility safties out there.

Where as some DE's will get selected much higher because it so shallow. Someone like Ansah would be a 14-18th pick, but this year he is Top 5 because he is tops at the position.

So Dallas being a reach or DJ being a reach is possibly true, but I think they are some of the best at their positions.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

I'm the first to admit that I've not seen the first bit of Hayden's game tape. I'm just saying it's far too weird that no one even considered him prior to Mayock praising him. Stuff like that makes me worry, lol.

Jason La Canfora just tweeted that the has heard enough interest that it would not be out of the question to see Hayden go #3 overall. That should tell you all you need to know.

Props to Kempes ^
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Jason La Canfora just tweeted that the has heard enough interest that it would not be out of the question to see Hayden go #3 overall. That should tell you all you need to know.

Weird how that works, huh?

Don't hear anything AT ALL about the guy going anywhere close to the first round up until a week ago and now he's a possibility at #3? Laughing
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Weird how that works, huh?

Don't hear anything AT ALL about the guy going anywhere close to the first round up until a week ago and now he's a possibility at #3? Laughing

If I recall correctly the same thing happened last year with Irvin. It slipped out that some considered him an 1st round pick and I remember this forum saying that was a HUGE reach.

But it turned out to be true that Seattle and I think at least 3 other teams thought he was an 1st round talent.

Hayden will most likely be an 1st round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: