Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Thursday NFL Draft Discussion Reply with quote

Well...today is finally the day. We're probably about 8 hours or so away from being on the clock and hopefully not 8 hours away from this entire forum blowing up in anger and frustration.

The plan is to basically make one of these threads for every day of the draft, while each Titans pick will get his own thread when the time comes. Talk about rumors, other teams selections and everything else draft related in here.

Let's go.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna be home during the draft tonight most likely. Gonna have to try to remember my password so I can post from my phone. Laughing
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this how the draft goes now?

Thursday - Round 1
Friday - Rounds 2 & 3
Saturday - Rounds 4 - 7

TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should make this thread a poll with our top 8 (or so) prospects and let us vote on em..

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Thursday NFL Draft Discussion Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Well...today is finally the day. We're probably about 8 hours or so away from being on the clock and hopefully not 8 hours away from this entire forum blowing up in anger and frustration.

The plan is to basically make one of these threads for every day of the draft, while each Titans pick will get his own thread when the time comes. Talk about rumors, other teams selections and everything else draft related in here.

Let's go.

That's my prediction. Smile

People study these prospects and get passionate about who they think we should and shouldn't take. So the pick is almost always volatile. We just need to keep it respectful. Also, remember the reaction when we took Chris Johnson was near unanimously negative and he turned in a 2000 yard season. So first impressions don't always last.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to pass this along....Pauline is one of the few draft "experts" I trust.

Quote:
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
As per one league source; "the mock draft community is overrating Shariff Floyd" Tennessee Titans at 10?

Can't wait until 8 o'clock.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Thursday NFL Draft Discussion Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Also, remember the reaction when we took Chris Johnson was near unanimously negative and he turned in a 2000 yard season. So first impressions don't always last.

I ran around the house with joy when we picked him.

1. Cause I predicted it and I wanted to shove it in the face of one guy who doesn't post much, but we went back and forth. lol

2. Cause I really thought he was an dynamite and explosive player. Game Changer. He has been, but with some hurdles in the road.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Just wanted to pass this along....Pauline is one of the few draft "experts" I trust.

Quote:
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
As per one league source; "the mock draft community is overrating Shariff Floyd" Tennessee Titans at 10?

Can't wait until 8 o'clock.

Wouldn't mind Floyd at 10. I do think he has the potential to be great and he's only 20. Plus love rooting for guys with his background.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star or Warmack at 10 and I'll be ecstatic.

But I'm not going to complain about any pick(barring something incredibly stupid like a RB or QB), as I have complete faith in this FO/Coaching staff's drafting ability. Not much confidence in them to do anything else, but they draft well.
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get Warmack, Fluker, or Cooper in the first and Barrett Jones in the second Laughing

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
I'd love to get Warmack, Fluker, or Cooper in the first and Barrett Jones in the second Laughing

Velasco has the center spot on lockdown, I would think. Why the need for Barret in the 2nd?
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett has HOF potential. I dunno if Velasco does. We can secure our O-line with 2-3 potential HOFers for the next 5-7 years.

My Teams:
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:
Barrett has HOF potential. I dunno if Velasco does. We can secure our O-line with 2-3 potential HOFers for the next 5-7 years.

Laughing HOF? Are you serious?
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
OwNaGe wrote:

Laughing HOF? Are you serious?

I'm telling you, Barrett Jones will be a HOFer Cool

My Teams:
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OwNaGe wrote:

Velasco may not have HOF potential, but he was very solid last year, one of the better Cs in the league. I understand the want for such an amazing o-line, but keeping a solid C and getting an amazing RG while drafting another position of need in the 2nd(or another position of need in the 1st then grab Warford or whoever for RG in the 2nd) would seem like the better option, wouldn't it?

Roos-Levitre-Velasco-Warmack-Stewart would be the best offensive line in the league, assuming Warmack is as good right away as almost every scout seems to think he will be(also assuming Stewart comes back at 100%, but he's one of the most dedicated players on the team, I feel he will). Velasco is only 28 as well. I can't see spending our first 2 picks on interior o-linemen, not with us already having a very solid C.

I'm not a big fan of Barret Jones anyway, but that's going off of your opinion of him being that great of a prospect, still wouldn't want our first two picks on the interior when we already have Velasco.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: