Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 4/25 (4pm)***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 4/25 (4pm)*** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Fisher, OT

It sounds like Eric Fisher may be the pick.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Jordan, DE

There are a lot of possibilities with this pick but I think they will take Dion Jordan. They had the worst pass rush in the league and Gus Bradley is a defensive coach who was taught to build the defense on speed. This screams Jordan to me.

3. Oakland Raiders - Luke Joeckel, OT

If Fisher goes one, I think Joeckel goes here. Or vice versa.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Lane Johnson, OT

The Eagles may be looking for offensive line help and they may take Lane Johnson if he's available for them. The offensive tackles are really hot right now, which is a good time for them to be hot.

5. Detroit Lions - Ezekiel Ansah, DE

Ansah is probably the best player available, which makes him the pick for Detroit. He also fills a need.

6. Cleveland Browns - Geno Smith, QB

I had Geno here a week ago and no one thought it could happen. Now everyone's talking about it. I wouldn't be shocked if the Browns took Geno Smith if he fell to them. Chud just came from an organization where they drafted Cam Newton one year after drafting Jimmy Clausen, and they experienced success with it. I don't think he would be afraid to try the same thing this year with Geno one year after drafting Weeden. I know Geno is not Cam, but that does't mean Geno can't become a great player on his own. Chud can mold the offense around Geno.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Jonathan Cooper, OG

I think if the tackles are gone, the Cardinals go BPA which may be Cooper or Warmack here, its a toss up, but I think similar to the OTs there could be a last minute switch in the first guard taken. We don't usually see guards go this early, but I think this is a unique year with a lot of trench players that will go higher than normal paired with the fact that this is the second year under the new CBA where teams are getting more comfortable with the rookie salary pay scales so they will be more willing to experiment with new things such as taking a guard this high.

8. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Nassib, QB

I had Nassib to the Bills months ago and now I'm bringing him back here. The Bills are looking for a new QB and if Nassib is their guy, they may need to take him with this pick to guarantee they will get him. If Geno goes before they pick they may worry that Nassib will not make it back to them in round 2 or a trade up.

9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB

Mingo is one of the BPA so he may be considered. Pass rush is also a huge need so it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to take him.

10. Tennessee Titans - Tank Carradine, DE

Carradine could be this year's Tyson Alualu. Carradine's stock is on the rise right now and he is moving up draft boards quickly at the right time. I think the Titans could be a potential team to surprise and take him early. They need to improve the pass rush badly so taking him would do so.

11. San Diego Chargers - Chance Warmack, OG

It's no secret the Chargers need offensive line help. Warmack is one of the BPA so this pick would make sense.

12. Miami Dolphins - Dee Milliner, CB

The Dolphins could be looking for a cornerback in this draft. If Milliner makes it to them I think they will take him. He has fallen a bit and could still go higher than this, but I wouldn't be shocked if he falls to this range.

13. New York Jets (From Tampa Bay) - Tyler Eifert, TE

Eifert is one of the BPAs at this point and he also fills a huge need for the Jets. After losing Keller they didn't replace him with anyone so they will need to draft a tight end at some point. Having two first round picks allows you to get two potential starters and they would do so with Mingo and Eifert.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sharrif Floyd, DT

The Panthers need a defensive tackle and at one point it wasn't clear if any of the top DTs would be available. Now it looks like they may have their choice.

15. New Orleans Saints - Kenny Vaccaro, S

The Saints could be looking for an upgrade in the secondary in this draft. If Vaccaro is on the board when they are picking they may take him.

16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin, WR

Tavon Austin could go higher than this, so the Rams would be happy if he fell to them. They need a WR after clearing house at the position.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB

The Steelers will likely be looking to take a pass rusher if they can. If Jones is available for them in the first they will probably take him.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Star Lotulelei, DT/NT

The Cowboys will be looking for another DT to complete their transition to a 4/3. I don't think Star will drop this far but its possible.

19. New York Giants - Xavier Rhodes, CB

Even though the Giants just took Amukamara, they usually take the BPA and Rhodes may be that here.

20. Chicago Bears - DJ Fluker, OL

The Bears take another offensive line upgrade. They made some moves to upgrade the o-line but they could use at least one more.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Cyprien, S

The Bengals need safety help and they may be looking at Cyprien since they brought him in for a private workout recently.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Alec Ogletree, LB

The Rams could be looking for a linebacking upgrade in this draft. Ogletree fits the range and Jeff Fisher likes defense so this pick makes sense.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

The Vikings will probably be looking for a wide receiver in this draft. Patterson's stock is falling at the worst time. He has most likely already been passed by Austin for the first WR to be taken and is in danger of being passed by Hunter to be the 2nd WR taken too. I think the Vikings would take him if he fell to them though. Pairing Patterson with Jennings with Wright in the slot would be a nice start to a WR corps for them.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Jamie Collins, DE/OLB

I think Jamie Collins will end up in the first round. The Colts have brought in some pass rushers to try to replace Dwight Freeney but they may draft another one just in case. They are big shoes to fill after all. Also Robert Mathis is growing older as well so another pass rusher wouldn't hurt for those purposes either.

25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle) - Manti Te'o, LB

The Vikings will likely be looking for a linebacker in this draft and it seems that they are interested in Te'o over some of the other LBs available at this point.

26. Green Bay Packers - Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE

Richardson could go a lot higher than this, but in this version of my mock he falls a bit. The Packers could use an upgrade on the d-line so they'd be happy to take him.

27. Houston Texans - Justin Hunter, WR

The Texans may be looking for a WR with this pick. They need someone to compliment Andre Johnson.

28. Denver Broncos - DJ Hayden, CB

The Broncos could be looking for a cornerback in this draft. They brought in DRC, but he didn't have a good year in Philly and Champ Bailey is nearing the end of his career anyways so another CB will be needed sooner than later.

29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods, WR

The Patriots like taking players that were once projected as top picks but have fallen a bit. They get that here with Woods. Woods' stock is rising and he could be moving up the board, but for now I'll leave him here. The Patriots will likely be looking for a WR in the draft after missing out on Sanders.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Bjoern Werner, DE

Even though they got Osi, the Falcons need another pass rusher. They may look at someone like Werner if he somehow makes it to them. He will probably go much higher than this but in this version of my mock he falls a bit.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Sylvester Williams, NT/DT/DE

The 49ers will probably be looking for defensive line help in this draft.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Arthur Brown, LB

The Ravens get their replacement for Ray Lewis here.

Round 2:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Matt Barkley, QB

I think a team will trade back into the first round to get Matt Barkley, but in this version of my mock, I have decided not to predict trades. If Barkley somehow makes it out of the first round, a team will trade up to this pick to take him or the Jags will take him themselves.

34. San Francisco 49ers (From Kansas City) - Eric Reid, S

The 49ers will most likely be looking for another safety in this draft since they lost Goldson.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - EJ Manuel, QB

The Eagles could be looking for a QB in the first few rounds. I think Chip Kelly would want Geno or Manuel out of the available quarterbacks, so if they pass on Geno in the first, they may look at Manuel here or with a trade back into the first round.

36. Detroit Lions - Menelik Watson, OT

Watson is most likely the BPA so he should be on their radar. He also fills a huge need at offensive tackle, so this pick would make a lot of sense.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

The Bengals have three picks in the first two rounds so they can afford a luxury pick like this. While its not a huge need, an upgrade at WR opposite AJ Green could be used so if a WR is on the board when they pick that they like they may take him.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Matt Elam, S

The Cardinals may consider taking a safety in this draft after losing Adrian Wilson.

39. New York Jets - Justin Pugh, OL

The Jets could be looking for an offensive guard in this draft. If they don't take one of the round 1 guys, they could look at someone here.

40. Tennessee Titans - Desmond Trufant, CB

The Titans may be looking for a CB in this year's draft. It's not a huge need, but they understand the importance of having multiple quality CBs.

41. Buffalo Bills - Keenan Allen, WR

The Bills may be looking for another WR to pair with Stevie Johnson. They also get a new weapon for their new QB with this pick.

42. Miami Dolphins - Datone Jones, DE/DT

The Dolphins could look for some defensive line help in this draft. I'm not really sure where Jones fits best on a defense but he can probably play DE in either scheme or DT in a 4/3.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Zach Ertz, TE

The Buccaneers will most likely be looking for a new tight end in this draft. If Ertz is available, which me may not be, they may take him with this pick.

44. Carolina Panthers - Darius Slay, CB

The Panthers will likely look to take a cornerback at some point in the draft. There are a lot of CBs whose stocks are rising so there could be a little bit of a run on CBs.

45. San Diego Chargers - Johnthan Banks, CB

The Chargers could be looking for a cornerback in this draft. They lose Cason and Jammer is getting up there in age.

46. St. Louis Rams - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Rams could be looking for a running back in the draft. After losing Steven Jackson they only have Richardson and Pead, neither of whom have proven anything yet.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Kyle Long, OL

The Cowboys may be looking for an interior offensive line upgrade. Long could play guard and would provide that upgrade.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Minter, LB

The Steelers could be looking for inside linebacker help in addition to a rush linebacker. Minter could go much higher than this so this pick would be good value.

49. New York Giants - Margus Hunt, DE/DT

The Giants could look for a pass rusher in this draft. Hunt can replace Osi on the depth chart. He's also one of the BPA which makes him a candidate for the Giants.

50. Chicago Bears - Quinton Patton, WR

The Bears could be looking for another weapon for Jay Cutler. Patton in the slot with Jeffrey and Marshall on the outside would be a good WR trio.

51. Washington Redskins - DJ Swearinger, S

The Redskins need secondary help. They may be considering multiple players in the secondary in this draft. Here is the first one.

52. Minnesota Vikings - David Amerson, CB

The Vikings need cornerback help and they could consider taking someone with one of their first three picks. Amerson is a little bit of a bigger CB so he may be looked at by them.

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Franklin, RB

The Bengals will most likely be looking for a RB to compliment BJGE at some point in the draft. With two 2nd round picks it could be there.

54. Miami Dolphins (From Indianapolis) - Terron Armstead, OT

I believe this pick will be traded to the Chiefs for Branden Albert but until that happens, I'll leave it here for MIami. Miami will use Albert as a RT so if for some odd reason the trade isn't done, they will just take a RT here instead.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Jesse Williams, DT/NT

The Seahawks could look for interior defensive line help. Williams is one of the BPA so he could be considered here.

56. Green Bay Packers - Marcus Lattimore, RB

The Packers should consider taking a RB so they don't have to keep recycling RBs like Ryan Grant. Since they don't rely heavily on the running back, taking someone like Lattimore might not be a terrible idea for them since he has a lot of talent. They could use him sparingly and in the playoffs and reap the benefits of preserving his talents.

57. Houston Texans - Larry Warford, OG

The Texans will probably be looking for o-line depth in the draft. Warford is one of the BPA and he could go much higher than this so if he somehow makes it here, I'm sure the Texans would be happy to take him.

58. Denver Broncos - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB

Damontre Moore has fallen a lot from being projected as high as #2 overall in some mocks. The Broncos will likely be looking for Dumervil's replacement in this draft and if they can't get it in round 1, they will have to get it here.

59. New England Patriots - Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S/KR/PR/ST

This is a typical Patriots pick in my opinion. They like to take players that have fallen from their original high draft pick projections. They also like versatile players and Mathieu can offer a lot to a football team. Belichick might be intrigued by the football player he can get by drafting the Honey Badger.

60. Atlanta Falcons - Jonathan Hankins, DT

Defensive tackle is a need for Atlanta so they could take one in the early rounds of the draft. Hankins could go much higher than this, but he could also fall as this mock suggests.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB

The 49ers could be looking for another pass rusher in this draft. Montgomery is also one of the BPA.

62. Baltimore Ravens - Terrance Williams, WR

After losing Anquan Boldin the Ravens may look for another WR in this draft. A wide receiver has been drafted in this spot the past two years so I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens continued the trend this year. Also the Ravens like taking players that have fallen due to off the field concerns.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Patriots, I like Woods and wouldnt mind Sly Williams either. Great job

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
green24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer Cyprien at 13.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick but I'd prefer Star.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated and second round added.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Fluker and Patton for the bears, lots of great toys for Trestman's new offense.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 49 Yards- 586 TDs- 8 Tgts- 86
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner and Hankins, from a value and needs standpoint, would be awesome. But I'd be surprised if CB wasn't addressed with one of the Falcons' first two picks. Currently, Samuel, McClain, and Franks are the only CB's with NFL experience on the roster. McClain is a nickel CB and Franks is meh. A starter and dime CB are needed. Bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first vikings pick in Patterson but the vikes don't really want Te'o it's just a smoke screen to scare Chicago. Any of the people going after would be much better picks. Sheldon Richardson would be the best.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

25. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle) - Manti Te'o, LB

Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE
Justin Hunter, WR
DJ Hayden, CB
Robert Woods, WR
Arthur Brown, LB
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
Love Fluker and Patton for the bears, lots of great toys for Trestman's new offense.

Bears would take Te'o and Warford. Patton is not worth a 2nd round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: