Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

C'mon Vikes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
"Trust me you'll like him"

That's what I said last year when everyone was down on Alshon Jeffery because he wasn't Stephen Hill fast. You'll feel the same way about Teo as you all now do about Jeffrey.

Huh? I wanted Jeffrey at 19. Jeffrey ran 4.48 at his pro-day. Everyone of Emerys picks last year was height/weight/speed guy - Teo doesn't fit that mold.
Most people were down on him.

Teo and Ogletree both ran 4.70 at there pro days.

I don’t think anyone was down on Jeffery’s talent on the field…just his off-field concerns which he has happily ironed out this offseason…but with Te’o he isn’t a talented playmaker like Jeffery showed throughout his career and still comes with off-field concerns…he isn’t worth a top 20 pick by any stretch of the imagination…anyway like I said before I don’t believe Emery would take him in round 1…doesn’t fit the mold of the type of Player Emery has said he wants.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not hate Te'o at all as a player.

The entire girlfriend hoax was so pathetic and sad I cannot stop it from tainting my thoughts.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

The entire girlfriend hoax was so pathetic and sad I cannot stop it from tainting my thoughts.

I'm with you on this one. The dead fake girlfriend thing is what I have the most concerns about, but we don't know exactly what happened here. We just have to take the benefit of the doubt and hope Te'o seriously had nothing to do with it, which I'm sure Emery did all his due diligence on.

He's a good talent, no one can deny that. He might not be Brian Urlacher but he'll be at worst a serviceable NFL player and considering the Bears recent draft blunders in year's past I don't think anybody should be mad about that if he were to be the pick.

I'm still skeptical though that he'll be a Bear. Doesn't seem like Emery's style to make it known Te'o will be the pick at #20 if he's there no matter what the media outlets are reporting. Sounds more like a smokescreen to get a team to move up ahead of us for him. aka Vikings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I think he is a solid LB who will have plenty of tackles but won't make many impact plays...putting aside the off-field issues I don't see what makes him better than a guy like Curtis Lofton or Pat Angerer who were never in contention to go in round 1...I think you can easily find LBs as good a Te'o in rounds 2-4.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I think he is a solid LB who will have plenty of tackles but won't make many impact plays...putting aside the off-field issues I don't see what makes him better than a guy like Curtis Lofton or Pat Angerer who were never in contention to go in round 1...I think you can easily find LBs as good a Te'o in rounds 2-4.

Agreed.

I would not be happy with the pick.

I was not happy with McClellin and this would be far worse in my opinion.
bkokot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Agreed.

I would not be happy with the pick.

I was not happy with McClellin and this would be far worse in my opinion.

I would be happier with Brown at 20 than Te'o, even though I think Brown is a reach at that point.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

It's tainted almost everyones thoughts, except me and everyone decision maker in the NFL
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It's tainted almost everyones thoughts, except me and everyone decision maker in the NFL

Apart from the 9 out of 12 who said they wouldn't draft him lol.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Common sense says that isnt true.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It really doesn't...like I said what makes him better than a guy like Pat Angerer?
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It really doesn't...like I said what makes him better than a guy like Pat Angerer?
there aren't 9 GMs that would honestly tell a reporter that. His instincts, strength.

Also you need to stop believing everything you read this time of year.

Last edited by DaMike on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Let's be real here, are most of you Te'o haters saying you don't want him on the Bears because of his actual skill level and projection as a NFL player or because of the whole fake-girlfriend hoax?

In truth, basically EVERY linebacker played poorly against Bama. Their oline was dominant, and that was a game almost all of us had seen and many reports have been written over it, so it is still very vivid in our minds. And the hoax was nationally publicized for so long, it sticks in our minds.

Ogletree had a great game against Alabama.

Ah, yes he did. It was South Carolina that made him look like a child on the field. I stand corrected.

I don't know if he was hungover or just didn't care that game, but he takes plays off and has WAY worse character issues than Teo. His potential is much higher granted, but I'd have to find a teammate that agreed they would hold his hand until he grew up to draft him.

If so then I might take him, especially at 20, but I think of him as the Linebacker version of Dez Bryant. Lots of potential, but almost a guaranteed headache. Buyer beware.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

there aren't 9 GMs that would honestly tell a reporter that. His instincts, strength.

Well let’s look at the only indicator of strength they have head to head…Te’o put up 21 reps at his pro day…Angerer had 26 reps at the combine…as for instincts it’s a push…which isn’t enough to take him into the top 20 picks.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Well let’s look at the only indicator of strength they have head to head…Te’o put up 21 reps at his pro day…Angerer had 26 reps at the combine…as for instincts it’s a push…which isn’t enough to take him into the top 20 picks.
Bench press numbers dont indicate LB strength. It measures how many times you can bench 225 lbs. Also the instincts arent a push. Not even close. Teo isnt one of the most instinctive LBs to come out of college.

DJ Fluker also put up 21 reps. Do you believe his has the same strength as Teo and Less then Angerer or Reid Fragel who put up 30+?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Bench press numbers dont indicate LB strength. It measures how many times you can bench 225 lbs. Also the instincts arent a push. Not even close. Teo isnt one of the most instinctive LBs to come out of college.

Your right Laughing

Yes Te'o is an instinctive LB...but so was Angerer and others who have went in the 2nd round...Te'o doesn't have the playmaking ability to warrant a top 20 pick...his college tape and stats back that up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: