Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UTMoc's Final Mock!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: UTMoc's Final Mock! Reply with quote

I have about two hours before my next final so I figured I would take one last stab at our draft.

Round #1

I think Fish really wants to move up and grab somebody like Tavon Austin to give Bradford more weapons to work with.

This trade is assuming Jordan/Star/Ansah are all off the board.

Trade Picks #10 (1st) and #40(2nd) to St. Louis Rams for Picks #16 (1st) #22(1st) and #184 (6th)

Rd.1
#16. Xavier Rhodes DB - FSU
News has come out as of late that we want corners who can press and not play 10 yards off a la Jerry Gray. Rhodes is one of the best press corners in the draft and could shift Verner back to the slot which he is better suited for.

#22 Tank Carradine DE - FSU
Headed back down to Seminole country. If Tank had stayed healthy last year he would be a top 10 pick, imo. Once he is 100% he can line up opposite Morgan and wreck havoc in the back field. This also allows Wimbley to get some rest and be able to really use his speed to beat people off the edge.

Rd. 3
#70 Brian Winters G/T - Kent St.
A very popular pick amongst Titan fans and it's easy to see why. He is a former wrestler and a mauler. Could be plugged in from Day 1 and get us back to having a dominant OL.

A.J. Klein LB - Iowa St.
I would love to go with Kiko here but I feel like he will be off the board.
This pick would allow us to have a fairly good 3-4 look, imo as Klein is pretty good in coverage.

Rd.4
#107 Monotri Hughes DT - Tennessee Martin
Another huge body in the middle to rotate will Hill. At 6-4 330lbs he can help clog up the lanes and fix our porous run defense.
On 3rd and short we could run a line of Morgan, Hill, Hughes, Carradine. That's roughly 1,250lbs up front. Shocked

Rd. 5
#142 Kenny Stills WR - Oklahoma
If we plan on running an offense with short to intermediate routes and get rid of Palmer's offense Stills would be a great fit. Stills is a shifty and fast receiver (4.32 40yd dash) that can make people miss and get YAC.

Rd. 6
#184 Etienne Sabino OLB - Ohio St.
We need depth behind Brown/ Ayers. Purely a depth pick here.

#202(Comp) Eric Hurman OG/C Ohio
A big guy at 6-4, 320lbs that can learn from and provide depth at multiple positions.

Rd. 7
#216 Robert Lester SS - Alabama
You can never have enough DB's on the roster. Lester can sit and learn behind Pollard/Wilson and provide depth in the Ruby package should one of them suffer an injury.

#248 (Comp) Devin Taylor DE - South Carolina.
Overshadowed by Clowney and understandably so he has good size at 6-7, 270 lbs and decent skills. If he ever turns the light on he could turn out to be a really good DE in our rotation.

Blast away fella's. Laughing
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan, mainly because I do not like Rhodes. Winters is a little early in the 3rd. And IMO Klein is a 5th rounder. I like Carridine and Stills, but I am not a fan of the rest. Sorry man.

Props to Kempes ^
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Not a huge fan, mainly because I do not like Rhodes. Winters is a little early in the 3rd. And IMO Klein is a 5th rounder. I like Carridine and Stills, but I am not a fan of the rest. Sorry man.

Klein is rising up my board. He put up pretty good numbers at his work out and I love his attitude. It may be a little early, but after Kiko and Klein the LB's drop off big time imo.

It seems like people either love Rhodes or hate him. Laughing
Iceman88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

Klein is rising up my board. He put up pretty good numbers at his work out and I love his attitude. It may be a little early, but after Kiko and Klein the LB's drop off big time imo.

I dont think we need a ILB that early, take a developmental guy in the 6th or later.

As for Rhodes I see flashes of stuff that I like but there are other times where he just looks bad. He tends to make a lot of boneheaded plays, he gambles too much and he looks very stiff and has trouble adjusting to faster WRs. I would not mind taking him, but I do not see him as a starter from day one, which would limit him to a 2nd round pick or late 1st IMO. I like Milliner, Hayden, Banks and Trufant more than Rhodes.

Props to Kempes ^
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

I dont think we need a ILB that early, take a developmental guy in the 6th or later.

As for Rhodes I see flashes of stuff that I like but there are other times where he just looks bad. He tends to make a lot of boneheaded plays, he gambles too much and he looks very stiff and has trouble adjusting to faster WRs. I would not mind taking him, but I do not see him as a starter from day one, which would limit him to a 2nd round pick or late 1st IMO. I like Milliner, Hayden, Banks and Trufant more than Rhodes.

I'm not a big fan of Banks and I don't think Millner makes it down to #10. I do like Hayden and Trufant. Trufant is more of a cover corner though isn't he?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's solid. Give it a B. I'm not big on Rhodes but the trade back is solid. Getting two FSU players? YUCK! Laughing Solid job man.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titansfb53

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Stills had one of the lowest YAC averages for draft eligible receivers so.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: