Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carolina Panthers 2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you grade the entire draft?
A
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
B
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
C
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
D
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
You can't stereotype Lee and bunch him together with everyone else. If he had entered this draft, he would have been, easily, the top wide receiver.

guess he didn't learn from barkley Laughing either way, once i came off the ledge i could see some of the logic behind the picks. star was a no brainer, short shocked me but in 2 picks we turned a weakness into a position of strength and if it works then we will have one of the best d lines in the nfl for years. kugbila could have waited. we needed o line but this was def a reach
beason and td are not pictures of health and i can see the need for a versatile lb JIC even though we already signed some guys for this purpose but we did lose anderson.
barner made me facepalm but he is most likely dwills replacement and jstew is no man of steel. address the future now so we wont have to worry about it later.
would i have liked a safety, cb or wr? most def. but outside of the first rounder wrs this year i really didn't see any difference makers that would be markedly better than what we already have. yes we need smittys replacement but outside of hopkins, austin or patterson he wasn't here. plus we get gettis back and i'm hopeful of what he can do.
at cb we already have young burnt toast. maybe with a year under their belts and a good d line they will improve just enough. safety still sucks but hey maybe an udfa will do the trick or maybe a late cut from another team.
what i'm sayin is while this draft wasn't flashy or splashy it was logical and i think it made us better. for those knee jerkers that think we're already on the clock for next year with the first pick calm down, relax, get a hobby or just jump to another team. but i do think we're already a better team and i'm looking forward to gettleman year 1

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
You can't stereotype Lee and bunch him together with everyone else. If he had entered this draft, he would have been, easily, the top wide receiver.

guess he didn't learn from barkley

He was a true sophomore, can't enter the draft until next year.
panther dude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with having a thread specifically for our wide out situation?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=522373
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give this draft a "B" as of right now. Given what Gettleman had to work with it might even be a B+.

Obviously I'm expecting big things from Star, who thankfully fell right into our lap, but if we can develop Short into being the player he has all the potential to be, we are going to have one nasty d-line. Edmund, Seems like this might be an underrated pick, disliked by many, but just looking at his measurables (since I can't watch any tape Laughing ) he looks to be quite athletic for his size and I'm looking forward to watching him develop and see what he can bring to the table in a couple of years. Klein looks to be great versatile depth and a solid ST, not the biggest need but can't really argue against the pick. Lastly, Barner was clearly BPA and more than likely insurance for when either Williams or Stewart leave next year, seems like a Darren Sproles type of play maker.

This draft just feels like we are going to have more of a return in terms of player production, than some of our drafts where we had 7 or more picks. I'm excited to watch these guys compete in training camp this year.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
jrl23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panther dude wrote:
What is wrong with having a thread specifically for our wide out situation?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=522373

Very good question!
ryanxmerch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Didn't watch it today and I'm glad I didn't. I checked the picks on NFL.com.

I feel like as the draft progressed the picks got worse and worse. Star was awesome, Short was good, Kugbila was probably the worst pick, Klein was bad, and although I like Barner I think it was the wrong pick.

I really don't understand the Kugbila pick. There were much better players available. If it's just for competition, I think it's too early to draft for that.

This is a dumb argument, is Barrett jones a better football player right now? Probably yes. But there is a reason Barrett jones was a late 4th round pick. He has reached his ceiling. He will be a good back up guard and maybe go as high as a bottom half of the league starter. From what I read kugbila has tremendous upside, in two years he could be a pro bowl starter. People need to learn that there is a reason gm's are gm's and Mel kipper and mike mattock are on tv.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

guess he didn't learn from barkley

He was a true sophomore, can't enter the draft until next year.

Bah! I don't get muddled down in facts!

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda have a felling that next years draft we will have more "sexier" picks.
WR/CB/S/RB

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Kinda have a felling that next years draft we will have more "sexier" picks.
WR/CB/S/RB

Probably so, OT is in the mix as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V2YGbQxTaU

Laughing

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said earlier. You can't live in a house with just walls and a roof, it will collapse. Gettleman wanted a strong foundation before he started picking skill positions. Now, provided our picks work out, we can boast one of the top front 7 in the NFL.

We still need some more OL help, and then the skill positions. We'll also have a full slate of picks next year and more cap flexibility to spend on FA.

I love what Gettleman did, he took a conservative approach and is fixing Hurney's mess. However he also improved the team a great amount in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:

Laughing

Lmao. Well put. People seem to forget that we haven't a Kicker on the roster who we can trust to nail a 35 yarder with the game on the line.

They forget that are starting projected Corner's are Josh Norman and Drayton Florence Shocked

They forget that we haven't had a solid #2 receiver since Mushin Muhammed retired, and the new NFL requires you have 2 #1 receivers.

They forget that our Punter is so ineffective that we might as well just go for it on 4th and 9.

They forget that we might just be picking #1 overall next year.

:Sigh:

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Laughing

Lmao. Well put. People seem to forget that we haven't a Kicker on the roster who we can trust to nail a 35 yarder with the game on the line.

They forget that are starting projected Corner's are Josh Norman and Drayton Florence Shocked

They forget that we haven't had a solid #2 receiver since Mushin Muhammed retired, and the new NFL requires you have 2 #1 receivers.

They forget that our Punter is so ineffective that we might as well just go for it on 4th and 9.

:Sigh:

Calm down, the sky isn't falling. This team is no way bad enough, barring an injury to Cam, to have the first pick in the draft.

Whether you want to admit it or not, this Panthers are better off than they were before the draft.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:

What? That isn't plausible whatsoever unless Newton suffers an injury that takes him out for 12+ games.

We're really not that bad of a team (which seems to be a growing perception if you look around). Not great, and I'm not saying we'll win the division or anything. But #1 overall pick? That is taking it way too far. This is a team that, despite a poor offensive coordinator who used our offensive talents poorly, not gelling together in the secondary until later in the season, suffering multiple injury along our OL down the stretch, etc., still went 7-9. Which, again, not great but it ain't that bad and we could have easily been 9-7 if it wasn't for our own mistakes (and in the long run, they are fixable - Newton missing on a throw he'd typically make vs. Seattle and Newton, of all times, fumbling after converting the first down vs. Atlanta and then Nakamura backpedaling).

Now maybe we do perform poorly next season. Who knows? But picking #1 overall isn't probable at all. We have too good of a front seven and too many playmakers on offense. I'm not even that worried about our secondary. It was worse last year and they still did pretty well as the season progressed because they gelled together more (and as proven with the Eagles, it isn't so much talent but scheme/how you work together that determines your pass defense though talent is definitely important) and the pass rush was too good the QB wasn't given a lot of time to operate. Plus we have some really good corners who I think can shut down the inside receivers and people seem to be completely ruling out Norman improving. He might not but its out there.

At the end of the day, though, I'm not sure why everyone is acting like the sky is falling just because of some Day 3 picks. Teams that try to fill needs in Day 3 rather than take BPA end up being the ones who have to release those same guys not too long after because they simply weren't that good. Unless you believe we shouldn't have drafted Star, then I'm not sure what the alternative is. Do you think we were going to really find anyone that could start at corner immediately or would really be that much of an upgrade over LaFell on Day 3?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:

Laughing

Ha, so true

Laughing

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: