Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carolina Panthers 2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you grade the entire draft?
A
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
B
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
C
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
D
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1027
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is disappoint is that we got 1 opening day starter out of this draft.

If my miracle we cut dwill because of the running back pick up I give the draft a B. But, we should have addressed secondary in the 2nd round. and I really wanted a kicker. lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1027
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so after the draft and FA i see us going 7-9 again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sir_Purrr


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 2743
Location: South Charlotte
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. this draft was interesting. I'm glad they got Lotulelei, but my goodness I didn't want to suffer through another year of Haruki Naka-NO-NO holding down a safety spot. Oh well. Give'em hell Panthers..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not convinced that this organization actually cares about winning. I mean really.

We can't [inappropriate/removed] draft 1 good player per year and expect to win.

If anybody disagrees with me, I would like to see some sort of report or analysis of our draft by someone with some CREDIBILITY who says we did good.

Without that, I give the whole draft a D- and suddenly i'm not even looking forward to the coming season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shaX 07


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
What is disappoint is that we got 1 opening day starter out of this draft.

If my miracle we cut dwill because of the running back pick up I give the draft a B. But, we should have addressed secondary in the 2nd round. and I really wanted a kicker. lol


Yep and we passed over Day 1 starters to draft guys that probably couldn't make it in the CFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2273
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawann Short will see a ton of snaps. Basing everything on a monotonous metric like "Who is first on the depth chart" is just silly. If Short sees 45-55% of our defensive snaps, he's a starter.
_________________

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13210
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, people were expecting us to draft a Day 1 starter in the 4th, 5th, and 6th round or something? Otherwise, I'm not understanding the frustration when it wasn't here yesterday.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21254
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Lol, people were expecting us to draft a Day 1 starter in the 4th, 5th, and 6th round or something? Otherwise, I'm not understanding the frustration when it wasn't here yesterday.


Yeah, once you get past the 3rd your are looking at depth, special teamers, minor contributors and project players. Anyone that expected us to draft 5 starters or key contributors with our picks does not have a clear understanding of how the draft works. Every now and then teams get lucky and get a player that ends up starting and producing from the later rounds, but that's usually rare.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4484
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't watch it today and I'm glad I didn't. I checked the picks on NFL.com.

I feel like as the draft progressed the picks got worse and worse. Star was awesome, Short was good, Kugbila was probably the worst pick, Klein was bad, and although I like Barner I think it was the wrong pick.

I really don't understand the Kugbila pick. There were much better players available. If it's just for competition, I think it's too early to draft for that.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Didn't watch it today and I'm glad I didn't. I checked the picks on NFL.com.

I feel like as the draft progressed the picks got worse and worse. Star was awesome, Short was good, Kugbila was probably the worst pick, Klein was bad, and although I like Barner I think it was the wrong pick.

I really don't understand the Kugbila pick. There were much better players available. If it's just for competition, I think it's too early to draft for that.


It really irritates me when we go out on a limb and draft guys from lower tier/ no name schools. Wheres the competition?! Drafting a kid that played D2 rather then taking a D1 player blows my mind.
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13210
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
Didn't watch it today and I'm glad I didn't. I checked the picks on NFL.com.

I feel like as the draft progressed the picks got worse and worse. Star was awesome, Short was good, Kugbila was probably the worst pick, Klein was bad, and although I like Barner I think it was the wrong pick.

I really don't understand the Kugbila pick. There were much better players available. If it's just for competition, I think it's too early to draft for that.


It really irritates me when we go out on a limb and draft guys from lower tier/ no name schools. Wheres the competition?! Drafting a kid that played D2 rather then taking a D1 player blows my mind.


You know what school Flacco played at?

There is a reason this guy, who played at a D2 school and was still new to football, was invited to the NFL Combine. I'm not going to lie to you and say I watched him play, but maybe we need to chill out and let it play out. From all I've heard, he has tremendous upside/athleticism for his size.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OneBadCat


Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought our draft went very well. Star was an amazing pick and Short will be a huge part of this team, he is starter quality.

Kugbila was a great selection. RG was a big problem for us last year and Hangman is really not good. We are going to run the football more this year and Kugbila is a mammoth with great athleticism. The scouting reports have nothing negative to say about his talent, just that the sky is the limit.

Barner was a good selection and good value too. He should serve as a good back up to DWill and an occasional screen option and returner. Our team needs playmakers and he is one.

Don't really understand the LB pick because I feel like our depth is good enough.

I too was disappointed that we didn't take a WR. But we worked out nearly all of the top prospects. There has to be a reason that we didn't take one. The only thing I can think of is that they are confident in the guys on the roster. There was an article out yesterday talking about Gettis being ready to make a name for himself.

Hixon is going to be a underrated signing for us and Ginn can at least get down field. Not saying I'm not nervous about it, but just maybe Dave knows something we don't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toughguy77


Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1967
Location: South Cackalack
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two kids two keep an eye out for this upcoming fall in college that I would love to draft next April.
Marquis Lee-WR-USC
Sammy Watkins-WR-(ugly orange)
_________________

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BringinDaPain


Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 3901
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Two kids two keep an eye out for this upcoming fall in college that I would love to draft next April.
Marquis Lee-WR-USC
Sammy Watkins-WR-(ugly orange)


Please no more WR's from USC.
_________________

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13210
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't stereotype Lee and bunch him together with everyone else. If he had entered this draft, he would have been, easily, the top wide receiver.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group