Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's This is Going to Happen Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: DRD's This is Going to Happen Mock Reply with quote

2nd round: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

Short grew up as a player this past season. His biggest knock has been his work-ethic and effort, but this season he put together his best season as a Boilermaker while battling through numerous lower body injuries. Our depth at DT scarce and I don't know if anyone gets excited about Gary Gibson at NT. Short is versatile enough to play NT and spell McCoy at UT. Adding a disruptive talent like Short to the DT rotation could really help our DLine breakout.

3rd round: Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia

Washington is simply a freak of nature. His performance at the combine didn't receive anywhere near the credit that it deserved. Many UGA fans have said that he was miscast as an OLB in their defense. When he got an opportunity to play DE at the Senior Bowl he was as dynamic as any pass rusher in attendance. His first step is great. While I'm looking forward to see what Clayborn and Bowers can do this season, we can't rely on them alone.

4th round: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

It's amazing to me that a talent like Poyer is being mocked even later than this. When you watch him on gamedays he is one of the best CBs in the country. He anticipates routes so well and he has real moxie on the outside. He will mix it up with anyone. His long speed is his weakness, I get that, but with our new All Pro safety patrolling the deep half I don't think that would be a problem. Revis was an awesome addition, but he doesn't fix everything.

4th round (f/NE): Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State

Last year we only targeted TEs roughly 19% of the time (24th in the league). We simply don't utilize the position enough in Sullivan's offense, but that doesn't mean that it's not a need. We still need to find a way to replace Dallas Clark's production. Sims is an athletic TE that can make plays on intermediate routes. He's a bull to bring down in the open field and he has surprisingly good footwork. He is also an accomplished blocker. He's a nice fit.

5th round: Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

Another player that gets knocked for long speed. I don't care what anyone says, Taylor is a player. He is great in pass protection, he was utilized a ton in Stanford's screen game and he churns out tough yards. Our depth at RB is dangerously thin. If Martin missed any significant time our offense would be in trouble. Taylor is no Martin, but he could step in and do a serviceable job. It would be nice to have a back that could give Martin a spell every once and a while.

6th round: JC Tretter, OG/OT, Cornell

Tretter played LT for Cornell, but many think that he can kick inside as well. As a former TE he is still learning the position, but his transition has gone very well so far. As we saw this past season, OLine depth is never a bad thing.

6th round (f/PHI): Conner Vernon, WR, Duke

Vernon isn't going to run by most people, but he runs sharp routes and he's as sure handed as any WR in this draft. The competition for the #3 WR spot is going to be a fun one to watch. Vernon should be able to hold his own.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice DRD, and like you said, I have no idea how Jordan Poyer is going so late but getting him in the 4th round would be amazing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 3 rounds are SOLID!

I really like what Short did to the comp during the senior bowl. Grabbing him or Sylvester would help our defense a ton.

Washington would fill the huge hole we have the in speed department. I think even though Clayborn and Bowers will be on the field the most that he can get a few snaps rushing standing up as well as giving those two breathers.

Like Caddy said not sure if Poyer falls that far but if he did he has to be our guy. Scrappy guy and would help asap in the return game.

Rb, Wr, Ol, Te are all needs.

With Revis and Goldson to go along with the first three picks would do wonders for our defense. Teams would definitely have to start fearing us again!

I hope we go defense the first couple of picks as well but there are a ton of different combos that we can end up going that will help out team.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this draft doesn't get me excited at all..but all of the picks are solid

Usually my theory with DT's is that if they aren't elite enough to be considered top 10 at one point and happen to fall to us- I'd rather take a different position in round 2 and a DT in 3 or 4...but like I said- I think it would be hard for anyone to be disappointed with this
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good DRD. I don't know if I would pull the trigger on Washington in the third. Like you said he doesn't have great tape but he did look good at the senior bowl.

Love the Poyer pick. We still need a legit #2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with that draft. Poyer isn't getting much love though because his upside is limited, gotta like his floor though. He should be more than a adequate #2 CB in the NFL. And Poyer played under the blitz heavy scheme up in Oregon State so he would make a good fit.

Short and Washington are good depth picks. Gotta keep adding talent on the defensive line as it will pay off in the long-run when the season gets later and later.
Renegades5544

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hits all of our needs. Great job. The one single player I hope we take a shot on later in the draft, even if it has to be in say the 5th round, is Denard Robinson though. He's my favorite college player of all time and I can't see him not making at least an impact on special teams.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it. Nice work.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Washington is definitely a Stokes recommendation. Cool
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I would say Washington is definitely a Stokes recommendation. Cool

Oh yeah. Washington would definitely be one of those 'potential' picks.

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the first year you didnt get anything right for once....also why on earth did Poyer go in the 7th? I still cant figure that out

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I think this is the first year you didnt get anything right for once....also why on earth did Poyer go in the 7th? I still cant figure that out

I know. It makes me sad.

If it's any consolation, if Stepfan Taylor fell a couple more spots in the 5th I think that we would have taken him Wink

manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I know. It makes me sad.

If it's any consolation, if Stepfan Taylor fell a couple more spots in the 5th I think that we would have taken him Wink

Yeah when you mocked us getting Taylor I was really happy, I honestly thought we'd pick him up. You had one off-mock, it happens but I already know your evaluating for next year, good stuff,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: